• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Crying Until the End: Ninten for Smash Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

Personally I'd like Sora as a friend of mine really loves Kingdom Hearts and I personally find it a guilty pleasure series, so I'd be cool with him. Even if it's not a "square" rep.

Geno's my no. 2 pick behind Ninten though.
I'd be okay with Sora if Geno can get in as well. The only reason I'm iffy about Sora is because his fans have been giving me a lot of **** on YouTube cause I need Geno to be DLC.

And yeah, Geno and Ninten are my two needs and the only 2 characters who would get a reaction out of me

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'd be okay with Sora if Geno can get in as well. The only reason I'm iffy about Sora is because his fans have been giving me a lot of **** on YouTube cause I need Geno to be DLC.

And yeah, Geno and Ninten are my two needs and the only 2 characters who would get a reaction out of me
I get that. I don't know why people have to be jerks to each other over opinions of a character. My friend wants Sora, I want Geno, but we're still chill. The worst of those types of fans though are Steve fans in my opinion. It's like their entire existence is revolving around making Banjo Kazooie fans miserable.

Both would get the best reactions from me as well. Though throwing in a never ever character I think would be dope like Klonoa or Monokuma or something would probably break me.

But I've wanted Ninten for a good 10 years. He'd easily make me the most happy.

D

Deleted member

I get that. I don't know why people have to be jerks to each other over opinions of a character. My friend wants Sora, I want Geno, but we're still chill. The worst of those types of fans though are Steve fans in my opinion. It's like their entire existence is revolving around making Banjo Kazooie fans miserable.

Both would get the best reactions from me as well. Though throwing in a never ever character I think would be dope like Klonoa or Monokuma or something would probably break me.

Ninten would make me overjoyed. Both him and Geno.

On a side note, EBB not being on the NES online bodes well for a remake of it, as well as the other Mother games

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet

On a side note, EBB not being on the NES online bodes well for a remake of it, as well as the other Mother games
eh i just think it's because nintendo is allergic to making actually good games available for the online service

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

I'd say EB not being a launch title is the most suspicious when it was a launch title on the 3DS SNES Virtual Console and was the second best selling game on it.

D

Deleted member

eh i just think it's because nintendo is allergic to making actually good games available for the online service
Well, a list of SNES online games have been datamined, and EB isn't on there, and it was the 2nd best selling virtual console games on the WiiU and the 3DS. It's odd that it isn't on there yet. I think it could be because a remake of the 3 Mother games is coming next year

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681

Steve fans aren't all that bad. Maybe I'm saying that because I think Minecraft is genuinely an awesome game that doesn't rely on cheap lootcrates or 10 DLC packs for a fun experience, but also because Steve fans are easily overshadowed by Steve haters, anyway.

Also gg on 1k posts Ninten guys. You know me as a Porky guy, but any form of Mother representation (and localization) would be a great way to kick off the new year.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm more or less thinking Mother 1 getting remade in the style of Mother 3 more than ALL getting remade. Wouldn't complain though. I'd freakin die if Mother 1 got remade.

Also I finally got the ASC spirit and I'm currently trying to level it up to 99. Currently of all the Mother spirits, Ninten has the most power which is... Interesting.

D

Deleted member

Steve fans aren't all that bad. Maybe I'm saying that because I think Minecraft is genuinely an awesome game that doesn't rely on cheap lootcrates or 10 DLC packs for a fun experience, but also because Steve fans are easily overshadowed by Steve haters, anyway.

Also gg on 1k posts Ninten guys. You know me as a Porky guy, but any form of Mother representation (and localization) would be a great way to kick off the new year.
Yeah, you are right. I think it's just the character they don't like, but his fans are cool.

And thank you :)

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681

It's counterintuitive having really surprising DLC characters since by the time the first one is revealed, everyone else is suddenly rendered an "expected choice" one way or another.

If Nintendo manages to genuinely surprise me with another DLC character, that'd be amazing. I think they just announced one of the more shocking picks first.

D

Deleted member

It's counterintuitive having really surprising DLC characters since by the time the first one is revealed, everyone else is suddenly rendered an "expected choice" one way or another.

If Nintendo manages to genuinely surprise me with another DLC character, that'd be amazing. I think they just announced one of the more shocking picks first.
I know. After Joker, a lot of the unexpected ones aren't as unexpected as before.

I meant that Geno and Ninten were the only ones who would make me super happy

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Jeez I'm trying to beat Classic on 9.9 with Ness and it still kinda bugs me that the Flying Men aren't part of his Classic Mode. They would have been perfect.

D

Deleted member

Jeez I'm trying to beat Classic on 9.9 with Ness and it still kinda bugs me that the Flying Men aren't part of his Classic Mode. They would have been perfect.
The Flying Men have Mii costumes.

That's a red flag right there, for me at least

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The Flying Men have Mii costumes.

That's a red flag right there, for me at least
It's weird because so many other Classic Modes have Mii Fighters in costumes. I played through all of them and... Nope. Only time they're used is in the WOL Spirit Battle.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think those people are mostly trolls.

Trust me, there are genuine Steve fans who don't hunt down other fandoms.

Steve, Creeper & B-K for smash

D

Deleted member

It's weird because so many other Classic Modes have Mii Fighters in costumes. I played through all of them and... Nope. Only time they're used is in the WOL Spirit Battle.
This is really weird

Yeah, Steve fans aren't bad. It's mainly the character that people don't like, but his fans are good

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Fair enough. I suppose I mostly just see false flaggers then. What a delight...

This is really weird
Turns out I missed something when playing Ness's Classic Mode.

The Burrowing Snagret appears as an Assist Trophy on the Magicant stage.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
The bad Steve fans are mostly from 4chan in all honesty. Those are the only ones I saw that delighted in making others feel bad. Kinda like the rest of that website I guess lol.

D

Deleted member

Fair enough. I suppose I mostly just see false flaggers then. What a delight...

Turns out I missed something when playing Ness's Classic Mode.

The Burrowing Snagret appears as an Assist Trophy on the Magicant stage.
Huh...what is it a reference to?

D

Deleted member

Probably nothing imo,there isn't a Magicant enemy (at least in Earthbound) that resembles a bird of some sort. Bomberman would be cool,referencing the Care Free Bomb from Mother 2,for example
That would be a really cool reference.

The Anigriffin The Anigriffin brought up an interesting idea about how it could be referencing the Dragon

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
WELP GUESS I MISSED SOMETHING ELSE AS WELL.

Guile appears as an assist on New Pork City while fighting Lucas.

Good Lord...

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Another weird way to reference something
There might be more that appear than Guile, but on later stages Jeff and Starman appear on certain stages respectfully and I haven't seen any others appear on them. So chances are, if other assists appear, they're also probably fixed.

Kinda interesting.

D

Deleted member

There might be more that appear than Guile, but on later stages Jeff and Starman appear on certain stages respectfully and I haven't seen any others appear on them. So chances are, if other assists appear, they're also probably fixed.

Kinda interesting.
It certainly is. Does Ramblin Evil Mushroom appear as an item in Ness or Lucas's Classic mode?

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It certainly is. Does Ramblin Evil Mushroom appear as an item in Ness or Lucas's Classic mode?
Haven't seen them yet. Though I'm kinda thinking the ROB's on Fourside are Starmen since the only items that spawned were the Franklin Badge, the healing orb and the Smash Balls which of course give you Starstorm.

Oh snap Prince of Sable also appears on New Pork. Wait... SAVE FROGS.

D

Deleted member

Haven't seen them yet. Though I'm kinda thinking the ROB's on Fourside are Starmen since the only items that spawned were the Franklin Badge, the healing orb and the Smash Balls which of course give you Starstorm.

All these references are brilliant lol

WHERE ARE THE FLYING MEN

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman

Actually the ROBs in Fourside reference the Sentry Robots inside Monotoli Building

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
All these references are brilliant lol

WHERE ARE THE FLYING MEN
ON VACATION I GUESS I HAVE NO IDEA.

I'm at a loss on the Sheik Stage. It's gotta be a Saturn Valley reference since it's Gerudo Valley and only Mr. Saturns spawn. No clue on what Shiek is supposed to represent though.

Actually the ROBs in Fourside reference the Sentry Robots inside Monotoli Building
Were there three? I can't remember, but I remember thinking about those too. Just weren't sure on how many there were.

D

Deleted member

ON VACATION I GUESS I HAVE NO IDEA.

I'm at a loss on the Sheik Stage. It's gotta be a Saturn Valley reference since it's Gerudo Valley and only Mr. Saturns spawn. No clue on what Shiek is supposed to represent though.

Were there three? I can't remember, but I remember thinking about those too. Just weren't sure on how many there were.
Maybe Sheik is referring to....actually yeah I don't have any idea what Sheik is referring to lol

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
There are more but probably they put just 3 in order not to make it overwhelming I guess.

Gerudo Valley references Saturn Valley,Sheik is just there because it's Gerudo from OoT,there aren't ninja type enemies in Earthbound.

I feel really dumb for not understanding the one with the two Dark Toon Links on Luigi's Mansion. Is it Threed? No idea.
Yes,it's Threed. The Dark Toon Link costumes might reference a Zombie,Handsome Tom,or Smiling Sam

Last edited:
Top Bottom