• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So, what is this "Boss Mode" DLC leak I'm hearing about, and how has it been proven fake?

I've been out of town.
It was a leak that showed "screen shots" of a mode in which you can play as bosses. It's nothing you couldn't do with photoshop, so just ignore it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Goddamn it Vinnie and goddamn it Etika

He just posted the leak I got from 4chan. I'm done, I'm going to save his career.

I'm inviting him here. Reason: To help him get better information and avoid these situations.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

He just posted the leak I got from 4chan. I'm done, I'm going to save his career.

I'm inviting him here. Reason: To help him get better information and avoid these situations.
Good god Etika, I seriously thought you were smarter than that. Like holy crap, it's a text leak.... A TEXT LEAK.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Good god Etika, I seriously thought you were smarter than that. Like holy crap, it's a text leak.... A TEXT LEAK.
You know, it might just be thanks to his fanbase as he states in like every video about stuff like this "if I don't give my thoughts, I won't hear the end of it".

So it's just something he knows to just get over with so people won't pester him with this stuff. That's just me thinking about it from his side of view, although it might be wrong.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Wait... you inviting him HERE!?!

D

Deleted member

The boss mode leak is fake, the comments point out that practice is spelled "Practise" in the description banner

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The boss mode leak is fake, the comments point out that practice is spelled "Practise" in the description banner
I already pointed this out, some forms of English do spell 'practice' as 'practise'. British English in particular.

Adding on to that is the fact that Duck Hunt was 'Duck Hunt Duo' in the leak, as that is the name of the character in EU versions.

A simple spelling error doesn't discredit it immediately, but I don't think it's real myself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I already pointed this out, some forms of English do spell 'practice' as 'practise'. British English in particular.

Adding on to that is the fact that Duck Hunt was 'Duck Hunt Duo' in the leak, as that is the name of the character in EU versions.

A simple spelling error doesn't discredit it immediately, but I don't think it's real myself.
i felt like someone probably pointed it out, but i didnt notice when skimming the last couple pages

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
You assume he wants to avoid these situations.

The man lives on clickbait. If reality can't be easily-advertised, he will advertise something other than reality. I am quite confident that he is fully aware that the text leak is false or whatever.

(Catching up now, haven't even seen the leak myself)

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

There's an @Etika on SmashBoards. No idea if it's the real one or not, though.

D

Deleted member

Beats me. People just assume it's fake because Omni trolled us once and this may look legit, but could be another fake.

I'm on team neutral for now.
I see.
Sign me up for team neutral as well. Could be real, could be fake. Who knows anymore? It's believable, but we've had believable fakes before.

Why would a boss mode need splashes anyway? seems silly. . .

(unrelated) Every time I hear Fire Emblem music it is freaking fantastic. . .but the only FE song I see passed around is Id. I'm sure SOMEONE has some music on their hand to prove it wasn't a fluke.
Off to dinner while you go find it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Yes, because he would much rather get constantly spammed on twitter and youtube by people asking for his opinions on this leak :rolleyes:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Why would a boss mode need splashes anyway? seems silly. . .

(unrelated) Every time I hear Fire Emblem music it is freaking fantastic. . .but the only FE song I see passed around is Id. I'm sure SOMEONE has some music on their hand to prove it wasn't a fluke.
Off to dinner while you go find it.
Fire Emblem music?

I love the GBA soundcard.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, Nintendo just announced Vs. Excitebike which is do-it yourself version of the game. It originally came out for the Famicom Disc System and coming out for VC.

VC games usually come out on Thursdays, but it's announced to come out tomorrow. This might not mean anything, but it could mean Nintendo may have a couple of things in store tomorrow.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So, Nintendo just announced Vs. Excitebike which is do-it yourself version of the game. It originally came out for the Famicom Disc System and coming out for VC.

VC games usually come out on Thursdays, but it's announced to come out tomorrow. This might not mean anything, but it could mean Nintendo may have a couple of things in store tomorrow.
I assume there has been no talk on price?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

So this is a thing and it's weird.

Mario Maker in 11 days though, hype!

Chrono.

This is part of the Builder Week they're having in order to hype up Mario Maker.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Lets not forget to, Nintendo usually has those certain days in August/September where they'll just plop down a bunch of information without warning. It's how the 2DS and a bunch of other things were revealed in 2013.
This is part of the Builder Week they're having in order to hype up Mario Maker.
Buillders Week is already over with though.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just finished that SEGA and CAPCOM crossover comic, and I'm very disappointed about it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So, this is happening in Japan as well.
Can you post the pic?

Can't access twitter right now :/

I just finished that SEGA and CAPCOM crossover comic, and I'm very disappointed about it.
I dunno, I thought it was pretty good tbh.

I think worlds collide was just a bit better tbh.

Just a bit tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom