• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If there were new characters dropping tomorrow I feel like Nintendo would've at least had something at Pax, especially considering Pax is still going on tomorrow. As it is, there's not a single Smash setup on the show floor. It's all Mario Maker and Xenoblade.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
If there were new characters dropping tomorrow I feel like Nintendo would've at least had something at Pax, especially considering Pax is still going on tomorrow. As it is, there's not a single Smash setup on the show floor. It's all Mario Maker and Xenoblade.
Best we could hope for is a leak in a patch that probably isn't even coming.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If nothing drops tomorrow( which is likely), I still would have a feeling that by the 15th of September we would have something new.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here's a game for you guys, pick the three most likely characters to get in through the ballot not including veterans, 3rd party characters and characters with Mii costumes.
1: The character I really want and will call others "stupid" for not liking.
2: The one I want despite having zero chance of getting in no matter how much I grasp straws.
3: Some throwaway safe character to appeal to the other users.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>Watching Adult Swim
>See Splatoon commercial for the updates
>Not even Smash gets advertising for DLC

Goddamn, Nintendo is trying their hardest for Splatoon. I guess Smash is old news now

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
>Watching Adult Swim
>See Splatoon commercial for the updates
>Not even Smash gets advertising for DLC

Goddamn, Nintendo is trying their hardest for Splatoon. I guess Smash is old news now
Let's be honest, does Smash 4 really need advertising at this point?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Are the same people that's saying K. Rool is still possible saying that the Inklings are disconfirmed?
If not, you're being one to judge over something that isn't a fair assessment.
From my experience.Yes there were people on the forum(i dont believe this thread) when the mintue we got the inkling costumes p said they were disconfirmed but the mintue we got k rool they said we he still got a change.

MainJPW

M.T.A
From my experience.Yes there were people on the forum(i dont believe this thread) when the mintue we got the inkling costumes p said they were disconfirmed but the mintue we got k rool they said we he still got a change.
Not everyone thought that. I'm sure the Inkling trophy and costumes exist solely to promote Splatoon and has nothing to do with the ballot, that's all I see.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I honestly have no clue which characters are likely right now. If this is what Sakurai wanted, he succeeded.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are the same people that's saying K. Rool is still possible saying that the Inklings are disconfirmed?
If not, you're being one to judge over something that isn't a fair assessment.
Indeed.

For example, I feel Inkling and K.Rool are both entirely possible.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Here's a game for you guys, pick the three most likely characters to get in through the ballot not including veterans, 3rd party characters and characters with Mii costumes.
this is SERIOUSLY not something I think I put too much into, but I think I'll have to explain it before.

I can;t choose kkr nor inklings. To me that would make me want to wolf OR maybe snake, but can't.

So then I come to isaac, and I don;t think so, seemingly becomming not much for his series lately and his inconsistent popularity.

So I am left with bdee and paper mario which I consider have at least enough chances to be considered.

My reasoning is that I do feel if I compare both, Paper mario just feels more consistent and higher in popularity. I won't get into potential, because they both have enough. Also, they are both relevant lately (bdee got a name and as coincidental as it sounds, same for paper mario, lol).

So you get that I kinda have to say paper mario, but here;s the problem:

tbh, it came to a point where who I consider the most likely is pointless. There's so much assumed stuff that everything can go wrong. What if the costume somehow wasn't because they weren't there? What if they did intended to put wolf back? What if they did some weird stuff to get snake? idk, my problem is no one can be sure.

And then you have that SK leak showing that even my quite confident belief that third party were very unlikely might just be wrong too. And the last thing: who knows how many will be there?

Like my point is even if I might sound biased, it just means nothing because I realised that saying who is the most likely won;t get to much.....

EDIT: I also didn't mention that paper mario could be hindered by some people not wanting to vote for him because of redundancy and the con of him being a mario rep, who knows what sakurai values more......

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's no problem if you think both are still possible
There's a problem if you think only one of them is

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My three likely picks out of those not "deconfirmed"?

1) Paper Mario
2) Wonder Red or bandanna dee
3) Dixie Kong

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I agree that I honestly have no idea wtf Sakurai is gonna do in terms of characters.

And when that happens, the unexpected happens.

Which is why I expect Ridley. For some reason Sakurai'll just go "**** it" and put him in as DLC and watch as his Wii U begins to print money.

But if I expect it, it can't happen.

So I don't expect it.

But I do.

I don't.

I... do?

I don't.

I do?

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I agree that I honestly have no idea wtf Sakurai is gonna do in terms of characters.

Which is why I expect Ridley. For some reason Sakurai'll just go "**** it" and put him in as DLC and watch as his Wii U begins to print money.

So I don't expect it.

But I do.

I don't.

I... do?

I don't.

I do?

Relevant.

And Sakurai would just do that just for the lolz.

Sakurai: JK guys, Ridley was easy to make, I just was messing with you guys. :troll:

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

Relevant.

And Sakurai would just do that just for the lolz.

Sakurai: JK guys, Ridley was easy to make, I just was messing with you guys. :troll:
You can't make jokes about Sakurai, remember?

No fun allowed.

Sakurai isn't that crazy. You guys are making him out like he's a trollmaster, when really it's moreso unintentional. He isn't Ed Boon where he's intentionally screwing with everyone or Harada where he tells everyone if they don't like his ideas then go jump offa cliff

D

Deleted member

Did they recant their views on Inkling after K. Rool's costume was shown?
i.e. They initially believed that costume = disconfirmation until K. Rool. Then they believed costume =/= disconfirmation.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
If he is indeed arriving here, might as well grab some popcorn. We might witness history today of @ Burb Burb vs. Etika in this very thread.
What would we argue about?

I think he's unfunny and is more concerned with getting news stories out as quickly as possible than he is about making sure he knows what he's talking about.

What's he going to say? "NO I'M NOT UNFUNNY! :mad:"? It's not a Smash debate or anything, it's me not liking his character. There's nothing for us to argue about.

^ To be fair, the two situations are somewhat different.

Inkling also had the trophy pop up as DLC alongside the costume; and the trophy is arguably a bigger hit to their chances than the costume (because they wouldn't just send out a random Inkling trophy as DLC if they were even going to be considered for a playable role. It's not the same at all as the Mewtwo and Lucas trophies).

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
You can't make jokes about Sakurai, remember?

No fun allowed.
He's not saying nobody can make fun of Sakurai. There's a difference between making fun of someone and constantly stereotyping and applying something that's not true about someone. It'd be like me saying something annoying about you, and even though it's not true, everybody on the board starts saying it, and just bringing it up randomly like it's true. For the people that like you, it'd annoy them to keep seeing that false stereotype constantly projected on you.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

I think he's unfunny and is more concerned with getting news stories out as quickly as possible than he is about making sure he knows what he's talking about.

What's he going to say? "NO I'M NOT UNFUNNY! :mad:"? It's not a Smash debate or anything, it's me not liking his character. There's nothing for us to argue about.
People just think you hate everyone because you use logic and have a brain.

Typical Leaks Group.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

It was a joke XD.
bruh :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I don't expect it.

But I do.

I don't.

I... do?

I don't.

I do?
Sakurai: "You want Ridley? Fine. Here's Proto-Ridley."

"Now shut up and leave me alone."

EDIT BY PUSHDUSTIN: The image is too big. (I swear I'm not making a joke of Ridley, look at the new rules).
EDIT BY GOLDENYUIITUSIN: It was one of the smaller images I could find without being too small to where you could hardly see the beast and it's still too big? Here's a different image instead. The joke is ruined more by the use of spoiler brackets than the size of the image anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom