• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Here's a question.

Do you think we will get balance adjustments tomorrow?
I don't think we're even going to get a patch. They're probably just doing server maintenance for an hour then we're back to our regularly scheduled smashing. If there is a patch for one reason or another, then yeah, It's probably a given. And will be datamined to hell and back.

Last edited:

Soul.

I thought only versions with even numbers (1.1.2, 1.1.4, 1.1.6, 1.1.8) were the ones to have balance patches.
I don't think we'll get a balance patch if a hypothetical 1.1.1 is released.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Here's something else we can discuss:

What would make you happier?

Let's say if there are going to be 4 characters.

WOULD YOU RATHER?

A: 2 veterans (Snake, Wolf just based on popularity + no technical issues. Though I guess Pichu could fit the bill.)
2 newcomers (ballot).

or

B: 4 newcomers (ballot).
Easily 4 newcomers.

Shovel Knight

Bandanna Dee

Wonder Red

Professor Layton

Dream Comes True!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

WOULD YOU RATHER?

A: 2 veterans (Snake, Wolf just based on popularity + no technical issues. Though I guess Pichu could fit the bill.)
2 newcomers (ballot).

or

I'd go with A personally. I love both Wolf and Snake, and the newcomers that I want are around two anyways.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

Honestly, A is a better choice because of Wolf, though only 2 ballot characters would suck, it really depends on what newcomers would be added

GDI I saw someone say Japanese commercials are always better and the Kirby Triple Deluxe one that's the otherway around is impossible to find

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

the B and I will be honest, purely bias.

The way I work is I am neutral for literally EVERYONE, but paper mario. So, in the theory perspective, both for me is heavily dependent on is paper mario there or not. since I can;t know this, both are doing the same thing except that the later gives more chances.

That's literally why, but let me be honest because the real question is which one makes me happier......in the end, if A had paper mario, it would be the same.

It;s selfish, but what I can say? If wolf / snake is there good, I just won;t care that much .......it;s just that I am neutral.

Now, if were telling me that both did OR both did not have him, I would actually choose A.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

I don't care as long as Rayman is a newcomer.

Speaking of Rayman, he officially turns 20 in one day and 30 minutes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

A.

I'm playing MGS3D.

I liked Snake and wanted him before but he's in my top three in requests now.

He butted out Wolf for me.

Granted, I want Wolf back too.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

Can we have an option C to have the best of both worlds? :(

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

I'll miss Wolf, but the idea of 4 new characters is too exciting to pass up, even if I'm not keen on the ballot 'frontrunners.'

D

Deleted member

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

As much as it would be nice to have Wolf and Snake back, I'd prefer B. I'm more interested in what newcomers could bring to the table.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Sakurai: "You want Ridley? Fine. Here's Proto-Ridley."

"Now shut up and leave me alone."

EDIT BY PUSHDUSTIN: The image is too big. (I swear I'm not making a joke of Ridley, look at the new rules).
EDIT BY GOLDENYUIITUSIN: It was one of the smaller images I could find without being too small to where you could hardly see the beast and it's still too big? Here's a different image instead. The joke is ruined more by the use of spoiler brackets than the size of the image anyway.
I don't know why, But the edits really added an extra level of humour to the post :chuckle:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

A. Do I have to explain why?

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

It depends. If one of those 2 newcomers I lose is Wonder Red or Dixie Kong than B.

But if those other 2 are characters I don't care too much about (Bandana dee/Krystal/ etc) than definitely A
Wolf is still meh but Snake was freaking amazing! Would love to see him come back.

EDIT clicked neither because it really depends on who I lose.

EDIT 2 oh . . .there were more options. NVM

Ice climbers
Snake
Wonder Red
Dixie

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

All I really want at this point is Wolf.

Snake's probably my second most wanted, so while he's not necessary, his presence makes it even more of a no brainer.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I say if you don't have a steadystream of information regarding a leak, you shouldn't leak it at all. Because now I'm just bored out of my mind waiting for something new to show...

I wish this Shovel Knight leak was like the ESRB leak, that was fun and exciting...

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
With so many odd things happening at once, I think something is going to happen tomorrow. As much as it sucks, I think we need to accept the fact that the era of Nintendo Directs is over, like Nintendo Power. Without Iwata, Nintendo Directs don't have a spearhead. Nobody comes close. Not Reggie, or Trinen, or even Miyamoto. It seems that Nintendo is going to be using social media to announce things over Direct info dumps. While disappointing and more unpredictable, it seems likelier, at least for the time being. Excite Maker seems like something that they would announce in a direct, and I think that we'll be getting a lot of info tomorrow, Smash info included.

Either that or Nintendo is just making a last second push for the Ballot seeing that it ends in a month.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I say if you don't have a steadystream of information regarding a leak, you shouldn't leak it at all. Because now I'm just bored out of my mind waiting for something new to show...

I wish this Shovel Knight leak was like the ESRB leak, that was fun and exciting...
Sorry that potential leakers who already risk losing their job by posting information that's covered by NDA's can't please you :awesome:. As of right now, there is no additional information to report on.

There isn't any information to be steadily released unless we get pics/video. The information is out here so unless someone gets a camera out there really isn't anything POSSIBLE to come out.

EDIT :4greninja:

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

If either veteran is Pichu or Squirtle, I'd imagine definitely A. There's not a ton of characters that I see as likely that I'd enjoy playing as much as them.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I know I should be more patient, but I just really want either a Direct or some Smash news. NOT A RAYMAN MII COSTUME!!!

I'd post the song "Where Are Ü Now" if it wasn't sung by @J.B.

:troll:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Ok, this was difficult for me to decide. I just chose what I personally would like to see so here's what I chose for A.

Veterans: Snake and Pichu were my choices. Snake is a no brainer, but Pichu is really just someone I randomly chose lol. I don't care for Wolf, and Ice Climbers aren't coming back this game, so I chose the character I would like to see with a change on his mechanic. That and I would like another character to the disrespect list. Gotta admit, he is pretty adorable.

Newcomers was VERY difficult, so I chose the ones I would most likely like move set wise and also what I would be truely excited for.

Newcomers: Paper Mario and Rayman were my choices. Paper Mario is a franchise I love, and I think his move set can be VERY unique. Too bad people can't look past him being a 3rd Mario, which I feel like people would like him more if he didn't look like Mario. Rayman I chose because I think he has enough star power, AND I like the Rayman games I've played. That and he could have a great move set.

Bias aside, For other newcomers, it would be King K. Rool and I'm not sure about the other. Veterans would be me replacing Pichu with Wolf.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Actually, let's all vote for Mr. Saturn in the ballot. The moveset potential is real, with attacks like "boing!", "zoom!" and let's not forget "ding!"

Khoru

Smash Champion
I'm more confused on who Brian is.

Do they mean the dog from family guy? Some dude named Brian? Did they misspell Brain twice?
the guy from quest 64
Actually, let's all vote for Mr. Saturn in the ballot. The moveset potential is real, with attacks like "boing!", "zoom!" and let's not forget "ding!"
they can also go fishing for birdies, ladder, and drive "THIS VEHICLE"

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

WOULD YOU RATHER?

2 newcomers (ballot).

or

EDIT: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KvwUt3gUFNH1zYtU2xh9qdXYhMF1C7ZLibm0uIX3BMQ/viewform
Wolf coming back would be the best option for me here. Seeing how he is in my top 3.
But Snake coming back means that would mean 3 Brawl veterans have returned. Which would be equal to how many returned from Melee. Brawl being the one I grew up with I have a Bias towards it's Roster.
Two Ballot characters would be fine for me. And even if the two I want didn't get in. I would have two familiar characters back from Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom