• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If a direct was happening tomorrow, would have have been announced by now? I remember some being announced a day before a direct, but not the time. Or am I remembering wrong?
If a direct or any "reveal" announcement" is planned, they are usually mentioned a day or two in advance. Other than what people of said about an update on their WiiU, there's nothing as of late.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ expand your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
20TOHTOH is upon us.

Balance patch tomorrow pls

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok it feels that we pretty much have placebo now :)

What I mean by this is we are so thirsty of news given the latest leaks and other stuff that we want so much something that we are convinced it would happen soon eventually. So, it become to a point where we are trying to find reasons to think it's true.

I mean, to put this in perspective, the number of leak that claimed that you had a paper mario announced at E3 was huge because it was becoming very wanted. The only leak I even consider now is the james one.

We are pretty much living the same thing.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, I'm surprised we haven't gotten more leaks. You'd think with something that a lot of people have been hyping up would cause more people to rise.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't remember Sakurai ever specifically stating that we'd get new modes. I think that he might have said it was a possibility, but I don't think he ever outright confirmed that they were in the works.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/23/sakurai-on-dlc-its-all-about-making-players-happy/

Our team may have shrunk in size, but I’m still just as excited as ever to be pouring my heart and soul into my work every day. Given the different types of content we’re producing, it wouldn’t be surprising for the planning of one item to coincide with the development, balancing, and finalization of several others. We also have version updates, online features, and additional modes to worry about. It can be quite overwhelming, but it’s all about making players happy.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My favorite part of leaks and updates.
Look when you're a :4littlemac: main, you just hope to God, you get something good and Sakurai will still give him nerfs because of scrubs.

That and most of my placebo came from :4falcon::4falco:&:4lucina:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So just a random note. I compared the time the previous updates were "announced" on twitter, and they tend to go live on the JP Smash twitter at exactly 12:00 Midnight EST. So I'd keep an eye out around then.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm 90% sure there won't be a major DLC update tomorrow. Unless Nintendo of America announces a Direct in like the next couple of hours.

The direct should be around 10AM-1PM CST, so it is either now or never if they would announce a direct.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Has there ever been a content update without us knowing beforehand? It was immediate, but even Roy/Ryu etc. were announced before we got them. There's no reason to expect anything more than a balance and fixes patch.

Chrono.

Has there ever been a content update without us knowing beforehand? It was immediate, but even Roy/Ryu etc. were announced before we got them. There's no reason to expect anything more than a balance and fixes patch.
The last one was the closest example, being announced only 2 days before it happened.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The ONLY reason that we knew about Ryu and Roy was because of digging through the files. If we didn't know that, the announcement would be a major shock to ERRBODY and it would have been awesome.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I didn't expect SK to be released yet honestly (if he's a ballot char next month or October would make a lot more sense) but I'm deeply disappointed (aka unhyped) to possibly be getting nothing tomorrow. I still stand by if they had next to nothing after the Roy/Ryu/Lucas patch that they should have spaced those out to better cover a longer time frame.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I have some info for some of you guys need to know:
If you think there will be a direct tomorrow forget it, its not happening, especially if its happening for Smash tomorrow is a bank holiday in the UK, which is basically a day that nearly everyone takes off, so its highly likely a lot of Nintendo UK employees will have the day off.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The ONLY reason that we knew about Ryu and Roy was because of digging through the files. If we didn't know that, the announcement would be a major shock to ERRBODY and it would have been awesome.
Technically we knew about them beforehand legitimately as well, even if only ~20 minutes ahead of time thanks to the Direct.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I have some info for some of you guys need to know:
If you think there will be a direct tomorrow forget it, its not happening, especially if its happening for Smash tomorrow is a bank holiday in the UK, which is basically a day that nearly everyone takes off, so its highly likely a lot of Nintendo UK employees will have the day off.
Not that I think they'll have one, especially with the Iwata disapperance, but it could literally just be a 2-3 minute Smash Video uploaded online lol.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Vinnie just took the first set off of ZeRo. Yo, people have been sleeping HARD on him.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
HOLY **** VINNIE JUST RESET THE BRACKET AGAINST ZERO. THE ACTUAL HELL

D

Deleted member

So, what is this "Boss Mode" DLC leak I'm hearing about, and how has it been proven fake?

I've been out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom