• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait... most of the voting happens in the first and last periods of the voting. So what if this si just a way to drum up Shovel Knight Hype in the last week of voting as everyone votes so they can say they got him in?

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
bruh why does everyone have to be so salty on PVP. I always say gg and wish people good luck and even try to offer advice but like nooo they have to start saying stuff like "wow u just spam" "press z to win, must be nice" "add is op, u aren't even gud" like lmao calm down it's just a game.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i still posit that if there were any indie character ever (not an Indie Rep), then it would be commander video

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still say fake. And I'll eat out of another shoe if it's true.
I don't even think you need to even put food in your shoe.

This stuff seem improbable and unlikely unless there's some problems other than 'reliable sources' that we don't know about. And it's not like Shovel Knight is impossible but the game doesn't have a release in Japan and is barely a year old compared to other indie series. I know there might be a possibility but man I just can't ever get behind this

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, if Shovel Knight ends up being real, the "Sakurai doesn't care about the West" claims can be thrown away into the bin.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Here's a summary of what he says:
Tamaki says he got a tip off from a reliable source that has proved himself in the past...and confirmed by other people involved with retail around the world
Repeats that it's a very strong rumor, backed by a number of people.
Development is well under way. Could be unveiled soon.
The Spanish amiibo "leak" lines up with Tamaki's information.
Speculated that Shovel Knight will be announced at PAX.
Seems all to suspicious to me.The dude says he can predict the next smash character.Than later says he says "i think".Than he says shovel knight is gonna get but uses things we already knew about for a long time for evidence(shovel getting a megaton annoucement,plague knight DLC,amiibo).And i highly doubt they'll annouce a character a PAX of al places.I think he's making it all up(not to say i dont want shovel knight but it would be the first time ever that i question sakurai)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know what'll be interesting if Shovel Knight does get into Smash 4? To see what happens to him once Smash Bros. 5 comes out. Maybe he will get the boot...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You mean the situation where he said the game was garbage and it pissed everyone off? Reviews today are saying he was right.
Not that the game was bad and even then that's subjective (remember God Hand), I'm talking about when he said that Devil's Third wasn't getting published by Nintendo and was back peddling as hell when it came up that Nintendo was indeed publishing it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, if Shovel Knight ends up being real, the "Sakurai doesn't care about the West" claims can be thrown away into the bin.
I thought he already did that before.

:4littlemac:

I know what you mean though, just pointing out I never thought that was a thing and it was just us fans thought was the "truth".

Staarih

Smash Master
Shovel Knight is getting a physical release in a few months correct? I wouldn't be surprised if a Japanese release for the game would occur around then as well. SK in Smash would be great promotion. The timing seems right but I still have major doubts about this.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
Reimu Hakurei confirmed for Smash.

sshhhh

let me dreeeeam~
we talkin' unlikely candidates for smash? y not Add?

but yeah I would love for any touhou character to get in, especially Flan or Remi.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So things just got "interesting". Tamaki claims he knows more than he's letting off.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm just going to say it.

Shovel Knight won't be in Smash Bros.

We'll see Daisy before we see Shovel Knight.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So things just got "interesting". Tamaki claims he knows more than he's letting off.
> People talking

Chorus Kids confirmed. :troll:

I'm tired, I need some sleep.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm calling that we get two or three characters in the next month or so.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm done here, this dude here man. He's just blowing up smoke now

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
More than people talking?

Is he trying to light up a flame war? :glare:

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I still say fake. And I'll eat out of another shoe if it's true.

Oh no, you just confirmed it!

JK :)
Seems all to suspicious to me.The dude says he can predict the next smash character.Than later says he says "i think".Than he says shovel knight is gonna get but uses things we already knew about for a long time for evidence(shovel getting a megaton annoucement,plague knight DLC,amiibo).And i highly doubt they'll annouce a character a PAX of al places.I think he's making it all up(not to say i dont want shovel knight but it would be the first time ever that i question sakurai)
I dont think they will announce a character at PAX either. Especially since PAX is American focus, and hasn't had any mega news there...ever.

Tamaki does say he's personally convinced, and that he believes it to be true.

Khoru

Smash Champion
we talkin' unlikely candidates for smash? y not Add?

but yeah I would love for any touhou character to get in, especially Flan or Remi.
flan can't even get into anything post-2006 in her own games

sanae when

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Throwing this out there: since Shovel Knight is not in Japan, who's to say a PAX reveal wouldn't make sense? It's not aimed at Japan, just like Shovel Knight.

I'd rather see the megaton announcement be that Nintendo bought Yacht Club and as a courtesy they're letting the other console's Shovel Knight games stay downloaded for those who have it already but then pull it off their competitor's digital shops. Then we can talk about him getting in.

If Shovel Knight gets in and Inklings don't, i'll seriously be confused. They're both around the same levels of "new" and both very successful, but Shovel Knight is a 3rd party...

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
flan can't even get into anything post-2006 in her own games

sanae when
did you just comment on a character being unlikely when I'm talking about unlikely characters in the first place? bruh.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If Shovel Knight gets in and Inklings don't, i'll seriously be confused.
Throwing this out there.

Shovel Knight isn't a Mii costume, and as far as we know, costume=most likely deconfirmed.

We have two ambiguous cases of this right now, so it's hard to tell for sure.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wait! Are they gonna cut Samus in the next patch? :crazy:
:troll:
> Every character get's a costume as DLC

All characters get decomfirmed. :troll:

I don't know what to think about Costumes = Decomfirmed but there's nothing saying otherwise so I have no input. But I don't see why it really would decomfirmed anyone really.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Throwing this out there.

Shovel Knight isn't a Mii costume, and as far as we know, costume=most likely deconfirmed.

We have two ambiguous cases of this right now, so it's hard to tell for sure.
I will lose it if Shovel Knight ends up a Mii Fighter costume and we get insane levels of salt against Tamaki. I don't want flaming but man he's gonna back peddle like crazy that happens

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I dont think they will announce a character at PAX either. Especially since PAX is American focus, and hasn't had any mega news there...ever.

Tamaki does say he's personally convinced, and that he believes it to be true.
I may be skeptical on the whole thing (as usual), but wouldn't that be more in line with where Shovel Knight is more popular?

Shovel Knight is more marketable outside of Japan, after all.

I was going to compare him with Japan-only characters Roy and Lucas, but they're veterans... Japan likely doesn't know a lot about Shovel Knight... Though his inclusion in Smash could be a marketing stunt... Isn't the game going to release in Japan somewhat soon?

Another thing: we have no idea if the criteria for character selection has changed from DLC. DLC, as a whole, is an unprecedented situation, after all. We know what are Sakurai's methods for selecting characters... for the main games, that is. Main game sales have the people buy the whole roster, so he has some freedom in regards to putting unpopular or unexpected characters.

I'm not defending this, but I don't think people should be shooting down it either. It may or may not happen. Both possibilities have their own good and bad things about them.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So uh this is worth bringing up.

This happened in April:
http://nintendoeverything.com/shovel-knight-coming-to-retail/

And guess what was confirmed a few months later?

All of a sudden, YCG disconfirming the amiibo actually becomes a bigger deal...
Not the only time Yacht Club has played dumb. They also did it with the EU release date.

Even then, it's not like they could have ever confirmed the amiibo rumor if he was in. They wouldn't say "hey, that's not what the Shovel Knight amiibo looks like!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom