• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
True but why start making Ballot characters before the deadline? For all he knows there could be a surge of votes between starting development and the deadline significantly changing a character's position on the Ballot.
Because the ballot isn't the only factor when deciding the next characters.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
True but why start making Ballot characters before the deadline? For all he knows there could be a surge of votes between starting development and the deadline significantly changing a character's position on the Ballot.
Im sure 60% of the total votes the ballot is going to get happened in the first month or so. Looking over votes in Japanese it has a LOT of mentions in April and dies down a bit.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
In b4 K.Rool is in the game with a permanent DKC logo displayed over his body because Sakurai believes he's uber niche.
Guys

The sweet taste of victory
This is incredible. Oh Gengar, if only you had more of a mascot status. Smash needs your cheek. Lickin' and sneakin' on opponents.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Im sure 60% of the total votes the ballot is going to get happened in the first month or so. Looking over votes in Japanese it has a LOT of mentions in April and dies down a bit.
True but I could see people resubmitting votes for other characters because their wanted characters got in already (Roy, Lucas and Ryu (to an extent)) or they believe that Mii Costumes effect a characters chances.

Honestly this is more a case of waiting and seeing what happens in regards to ballot votes. There could be significant shifts in the ballot standings. There might not. We probably won't ever know.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've seen images taken on a potato before but not on a rare vintage Irish Potato famine survivor model.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hmm.

I don't know what to say with what happened yesterday with these guys...
Was just about to post this.

This is from Tamaki (the guy who said he thinks he knows who the next Smash Bros Ballot character is).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Dude said the characters first initials are K, I, R, and W.

King K Rool
I've Climbers
R?
W?

He posted some images
I'm surprised no one called out on the second photo for this

image.jpg

K. Rool is at the same position Link is

Strofirko

Smash Master
While I respect Tamaki work,most of the info he gives is just overlooked stuff by the fanbases,the mercury stream metroid was 2 years old article source and most of the rayman 4 prototype info I already knew from raywiki months ago
That's where it's from.

Artsy Omni must be rolling on his bed.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The only way i'd like to see Shovel Knight in Smash is if Nintendo straight up bought Yache Club. I'm serious. I don't want a third party with little to no legendary status in this game. Pac-Man, Sonic, Ryu, Snake, and Mega Man are all huge names in gaming. And while Shovel Knight has done well commercially, it's too new and we have no idea if the franchise has staying power. If Nintendo went ahead and bought them, that'd be different, as then he'd be first party and it'd quell some of my anger...

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Here's a summary of what he says:
Tamaki says he got a tip off from a reliable source that has proved himself in the past...and confirmed by other people involved with retail around the world
Repeats that it's a very strong rumor, backed by a number of people.
Development is well under way. Could be unveiled soon.
The Spanish amiibo "leak" lines up with Tamaki's information.
Speculated that Shovel Knight will be announced at PAX.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You could say...we're DIGGING up information on this leak fast, right?

Ok I'll show myself out.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Here's a summary of what he says:
Tamaki says he got a tip off from a reliable source that has proved himself in the past...and confirmed by other people involved with retail around the world
Repeats that it's a very strong rumor, backed by a number of people.
Development is well under way. Could be unveiled soon.
The Spanish amiibo "leak" lines up with Tamaki's information.
Speculated that Shovel Knight will be announced at PAX.
The only backup source for all this is the "megaton announcement" that can be a different thing altogether.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The only backup source for all this is the "megaton announcement" that can be a different thing altogether.
If the megaton announcement isn't Shovel Knight in Smash then yes, it hurts this leak quite a bit.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still don't see Shovel Knight happening at all or even being a considered character unless what @ egaddmario egaddmario said what will happen.

Plus after Devil's Third situation, I can't put any trust in this due

D

Deleted member

Are there any like attachments for Wii U that hide a external hard drive well? like combines with the Wii U some how cause Smash Bros Wii U digital eats up all my space and I need to get an external, but at the same time I don't want to have to like tape a hard drive to the system all ghetto like. lol

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Looks like we have something to look forward to, then. Whether we get Smash information at all at PAX.

I honestly don't care if Shovel Knight is getting in Smash or not(but I would certainly enjoy it), I just want Smash info, period.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Adding a character from an indie game would be...interesting, to say the least, and Shovel Knight is amongst the most popular of those games, so I honestly wouldn't mind him in Smash.

Plus, we already have a CommanderVideo trophy, so having an indie character doesn't seem as far-fetched as it was back in the day.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, it's Shovel Knight then that is being speculated...
Assuming this is true, I really hope this isn't one of the last DLC characters to come out. Smash Bros. I think is a game that has lost it's roots recently. Not in terms of the base game, but in terms of the DLC they're making. Smash Bros. is supposed to be a Nintendo All-Star fighting cast where Nintendo characters compete.

Now, I'm not saying he's stealing a spot from anyone nor is he not welcome. I'm just wondering when were gonna' get actual Nintendo characters (who are newcomers) as DLC as that's what the series is based on. That's all. I have nothing against his inclusion, nor do I want characters over him (I don't even know what character I want in Smash to be honest :p).

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
All I know is, if Shovel Knight gets in, we literally cannot predict anything else.

He was considered incredibly unlikely up to this point. If he gets in, who else can we even consider?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So, it's Shovel Knight then that is being speculated...
Assuming this is true, I really hope this isn't one of the last DLC characters to come out. Smash Bros. I think is a game that has lost it's roots recently. Not in terms of the base game, but in terms of the DLC they're making. Smash Bros. is supposed to be a Nintendo All-Star fighting cast where Nintendo characters compete.

Now, I'm not saying he's stealing a spot from anyone nor is he not welcome. I'm just wondering when were gonna' get actual Nintendo characters (who are newcomers) as DLC as that's what the series is based on. That's all. I have nothing against his inclusion, nor do I want characters over him.
I agree. Smash simply needs Isaac and Chibi-Robo.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
If the megaton announcement isn't Shovel Knight in Smash then yes, it hurts this leak quite a bit.
What if Pax comes and goes and they tease something else?

Honestly, I want to believe but I don't want to get my hopes up. Guy says he has had several reputable sources say this + the amiibo "leak" that just came out of the blue. Real or not, that's some pretty good timing.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
All I know is, if Shovel Knight gets in, we literally cannot predict anything else.

He was considered incredibly unlikely up to this point. If he gets in, who else can we even consider?
Reimu Hakurei confirmed for Smash.

sshhhh

let me dreeeeam~

Strofirko

Smash Master
Again most of the exploding SK support on the ballot is because Yacht begged their way in few minutes after the announcement

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

It's happening boys and girls. It's happening and the hype train can't stop it.
:troll:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

No one. As it should be. Really, either it be SK or any other Indie character, like Shantae or something, get's into Smash Bros, it would shut people up on this site about thinking who's "a shoe in" and stop others from saying "who's more likely" without looking stupid doing so.

backlot

Smash Journeyman
I still don't see Shovel Knight happening at all or even being a considered character unless what @ egaddmario egaddmario said what will happen.

Plus after Devil's Third situation, I can't put any trust in this due
You mean the situation where he said the game was garbage and it pissed everyone off? Reviews today are saying he was right.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last piece of media I post on this page but it's relevant to the topic.

Virtually every unpopular character that's ignored under the shadows of KKR and Isaac(ironically).

Real or not, that's some pretty good timing.
Like when Omni did the Rayman lea-oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Tbh, I'm very torn on that one.

The twitter stuff he said yesterday ALREADY makes it super doubtful, but here's the thing: I didn't see nor I really see the point of having an indie rep tbh.

I get it that they could show the support of indie stuff, but I do feel that for nintendo to go through the trouble of doing that is tbh, a bit weird and would be surprising. Doing a trophy is MUCH less trouble than a complete character especially if said character is third party.

The leak also implies that they basically already decided who was in (as they are doing dlc dev now and knowing him imply that it's decided who). This to me would say that it's very likely he was chosen AFTER checking the ballot because he really had a lot of votes lately so to me, it would help him so much for that.

Which is....fine I guess, but even though most voted on the first week, I still feel iffy on that it's already being done before it ends.

And then you have what @ PushDustIn PushDustIn find weird: no sales in JP.

Add all of this and I just can't trust this one that much. I mean, these tweets really didn't help, but what is going against it and what would imo make it VERY shocking if true.....I really question that one a lot more than I should have.

Still though, if real, I will be mind blown....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom