• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Marvel's Herc is pretty much the best.

....there was so much more that I wanted to post, lol.

D

Deleted member

Mom is currently complaining about how I don't hang out with my friends as much anymore
I have to tell her the reason is because thry just walk around downtown but the real reason is because they actually go there to smoke and drink alcoholic drinks despite them being underage.
I can't even stand around someone smoking but now I can barely sit near my friends because they smell like cigarettes.
They also constantly try to push me into going with them even knowing I hate the smell
"No, I don't want to get high or drunk, thanks"
Sorry about bringing this up but I had to take this out of my system

Anyways, testing the upload feature with a video of me trying to beat a Jigglypuff with Mac
Pro tip: you can't

Cleary everyone hates hot dogs. In the splatfest today, there are so little team hot dog players, that team marshmallow can and literally does fight another team marshmallow often in this splatfest....
"They're the perfect food, they're literally cilinders of meat"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
MCU, huh? I just want Agents of Shield season three to come out already. I need to know

What the hell happened to Jemma.

I swear if something bad happens...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I didn't even know there was an All-Female Avengers.

Most of what I know is the West Coast Avengers led by Hawkeye.

I don't think he's as bad as Peter Parker aka I flirted with Reed Richards' wife on multiple occasions and had a fling with Kitty Pride
Kitty and Parker only hooked up in the Ultimate Universe. Besides, it was destined to happen since Kitty almost exclusively dates men named Peter (Piotr Rasputin, Pete Wisdom, Peter Quill, Peter Parker.)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Kitty and Parker only hooked up in the Ultimate Universe. Besides, it was destined to happen since Kitty almost exclusively dates men named Peter (Piotr Rasputin, Pete Wisdom, Peter Quill, Peter Parker.)
It still counts since its Peter. No matter the universe.

There wasn't enough of his bromance with Amadeus Cho in that post @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D .
You're forgetting his semi-gay relationship with Johnny Storm

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://www.destructoid.com/captain-...ut-needs-someone-to-make-a-patch-297455.phtml
Nintendo fans have yearned for Captain Rainbow to be localized in English ever since its reveal in 2008, but that isn't likely to ever happen, officially. If you're not familiar with the game, it was predicted to be the greatest Wii title of all time by former lovely boy Chad Concelmo, one of Jonathan Holmes' favorite unlocalized Wii games, and stars many third-rung first-party Nintendo characters including Birdo, who is looking for her dildo to prove she is a girl. I guess in Japan only girls use dildos, to which I say "NOT IN MY HOUSE!"

Kirameki Translations has been working on a translation of the game for the past three years and it is finally complete, sort of. The team has finished the actual translation of the text, but doesn't have the skills to create a patch for Captain Rainbow and has been looking for someone to help the process along. So if that is you, let them know! I want to play this game in English so bad! What could be better than Birdo's dildo, fat Little Mac, and a flamboyant rainbow-themed superhero?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mom is currently complaining about how I don't hang out with my friends as much anymore
I have to tell her the reason is because thry just walk around downtown but the real reason is because they actually go there to smoke and drink alcoholic drinks despite them being underage.
I can't even stand around someone smoking but now I can barely sit near my friends because they smell like cigarettes.
They also constantly try to push me into going with them even knowing I hate the smell

Anyways, testing the upload feature with a video of me trying to beat a Jigglypuff with Mac

Good, don't give into peer pressure, I've had similar problems, it's best to say no.

And I got that reference!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

How about getting with better friends than ones who would rather get underage drunk and smoke a lot.

Trust me on this, if you don't like to be around the friends you have now, you might wanna go get some new ones then. Not being a prick but just saying

D

Deleted member

Good, don't give into peer pressure, I've had similar problems, it's best to say no.

And I got that reference!
Believe me, I won't, as I said, I can't stand cigarettes
Also:
Congratulations! By activating my latest alert, you get
1439058630673762715919.jpg

A Keckleon nicknamed after your username

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Believe me, I won't, as I said, I can't stand cigarettes
Also:
Congratulations! By activating my latest alert, you get
View attachment 67060
A Keckleon nicknamed after your username
I hate the smell of cigarettes to, doesn't help that I'm asthmatic though....
And cool, thanks!
Keckleon is one of my favorites. Wish he had a mega with protean though.

And I found this lol:

D

Deleted member

How about getting with better friends than ones who would rather get underage drunk and smoke a lot.

Trust me on this, if you don't like to be around the friends you have now, you might wanna go get some new ones then. Not being a prick but just saying
Me and two other friends(who, coincidentally, also don't go out with that group) are doing interchange in September(though I'll only stay one month).
I doubt they'll survive considering they get drunk after one beer and almost always do it at night.
Now multiply number of beers by 'a lot' plus dangerous neighboorhood and you got yourself a death sentence
I hate the smell of cigarettes to, doesn't help that I'm asthmatic though....
And cool, thanks!
Keckleon is one of my favorites. Wish he had a mega with protean though.

And I found this lol:

I'm doing a Nuzlocke don't be picky B^(

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There wasn't enough of his bromance with Amadeus Cho in that post @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D .
It was tough to pick out just a few panels. I could have posted the entirety of Spider-Herc, might post a bit more for fun later. Spread out the image dumps to different pages, lol.

It still counts since its Peter. No matter the universe.
I just wanted to say that Ultimate Spider-Man X Kitty Pryde is one of my favorite pair ups in all of comics. The relationship was so genuine and made COMPLETE sense for both characters at the time. I know I just said I wasn't going to post more pics, but screw it.

... probably should have put these in a spoiler tag. Too late now, no way I could possibly go up and add that.

Good job staying above thebinfluence and all that. I honestly will never touch the stuff. I enjoy having a working liver.

TIL there is probably more than one reason captain rainbow was never localized. WTF birdo. . .

Of all the places i expected to wind up this morning the penn and teller show and the Nintendo World store were neither of them.

I would attach a pic if i could. Cool stuff.

A lot of zelda

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Now that Smash 4 has been out for nearly a year, what do you guys think is the most unique newcomer out of the entire roster? To me, it would be Bowser Jr. The reason why I say this is nobody thought he could unique by himself and wrote him off. Then Sakurai surprised everyone with him. I think he's a cool fighter overall.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't really like hanging around smokers myself. More or less because I really find the smell unpleasant as well as the fact that I suffer a bit from asthma too. Can't really be helped that two of my substitute co workers are smokers and they like to smoke in the little area where I like to have lunch.... :T

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I always hated smoking and give my aunts and uncles hell because I'll tell them that's it bad for them.

I've always detested it and saw it as disgusting. Hell, I don't find women smoking even remotely attractive.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey, someone actually uploaded that Ultimate Spider-Man annual that I took those panels from on YouTube. There are worst ways to blow 5-10 minutes if you're bored.... I don't have my speakers hooked up to my computer at the moment, so feel free to tell me how horrible the music that accompanies the comic is!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I've never understood the appeal of smoking. I mean, there's piles of evidence showing that it's terrible for your body, and yet people continue to do it anyways. Why would you risk the harm? Or even harming those around you?

D

Deleted member

I don't get why people even smoke
What's so good about them? They smell terribly and a bunch of toxins go directly into your lungs

Also, I wasn't here when everyone was doing these so have my OC
StraightOuttaCompton (1).jpg

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I've never understood the appeal of smoking. I mean, there's piles of evidence showing that it's terrible for your body, and yet people continue to do it anyways. Why would you risk the harm? Or even harming those around you?
For people who smoke they are addicted to the nicotine. Once gaining access to the nicotine, dopamine are released causing the person to feel relaxed / slightly happy. It's the same with any chemical addiction (and somewhat similar to nom-chemical addictions). Addictions are scary yo. And they come in all shapes and sizes.

My mom smoked when I was growing up, and a lot of people here smoke (there are still smoking sections in restaurants), so it doesn't bother me. I tried it in high school didn't like the taste, and the health effects drove me away from it too (lung cancer has taken multiple members of my family).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's mainly due to peer pressure from what I understand. Young people see some of their classmates or "cool" people doing it and they get a bit curious and end up trying it themselves. Then the nicotine starts working its magic and then it becomes very difficult to stop.....

When I was at College there was this one guy who kept offering me a cigarette. I kept declining it and told him to stop. I've never smoked and I certainly don't plan to anytime soon.

Last edited:

AreJay25

For people who smoke they are addicted to the nicotine. Once gaining access to the nicotine, dopamine are released causing the person to feel relaxed / slightly happy. It's the same with any chemical addiction (and somewhat similar to nom-chemical addictions). Addictions are scary yo. And they come in all shapes and sizes.

My mom smoked when I was growing up, and a lot of people here smoke (there are still smoking sections in restaurants), so it doesn't bother me. I tried it in high school didn't like the taste, and the health effects drove me away from it too (lung cancer has taken multiple members of my family).
I totally forgot that it has nicotine. Just goes to show how far I try to distance myself from it...

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Right now, I'm currently growing up with parents who do actually smoke. Suffice to say, they are doing a really good job of trying to quit. They're even as nice to go into another room so that I can't even smell the smoke. I currently have no plans to smoke nor will I ever.

Last edited:

AreJay25

So to try to move on to a different topic.

I've always thought that Eevee could be a cool playable character. But I have no idea how it would work. What do you guys think?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Aww I missed the stream.

Smoking? I know smokers, a friend of mine who smokes and drinks despite being a minor knows he has a problem so he either reduced it or outright stopped, I had 2 drunk friends try to get me to drink a beer, they gave up after a minute. It's also fun watching a drunk League player rant on Teemo

Chrono.

Now that Smash 4 has been out for nearly a year, what do you guys think is the most unique newcomer out of the entire roster? To me, it would be Bowser Jr. The reason why I say this is nobody thought he could unique by himself and wrote him off. Then Sakurai surprised everyone with him. I think he's a cool fighter overall.
In general, I find Smash 4's newcomer bunch to be the most unique by far.

I think 3 in particular stand out in how they play
  • :4wiifit: Not only a WTF choice by itself but using various yoga poses and somehow making it work is impressive
  • :4ryu: Ryu alone may sound like a boring character on paper due to being The Mario in his series and fighting games overall. What makes him stand out is HOW he plays, which included most, if not all, of his moves from the source material as well traditional fighting game inputs. He is the only character who breaks the mold here, forcing you to play completely different to how you're used to.
  • :rosalina: Puppeteer fighting style, 'nuff said. I may not like her playstyle but she's definitely one of the more unique characters here imo.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know a lot of folks who smoke (that I'm aware of), but I do have a few cousins who do. Ironically one of their visits was also the time where I experienced second hand smoke.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Watching SSC Brawl matches.

Saw one with Wolf vs MK. I thought it was gonna be close but then I remember that it's Brawl.

Good God I forgot how busted that game was.

Daily reminder that she slept with Hercules and was once an Avenger
Dont forget that one time with Juggs....good lord they left a mess.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Me and two other friends(who, coincidentally, also don't go out with that group) are doing interchange in September(though I'll only stay one month).
I doubt they'll survive considering they get drunk after one beer and almost always do it at night.
Now multiply number of beers by 'a lot' plus dangerous neighboorhood and you got yourself a death sentence

I'm doing a Nuzlocke don't be picky B^(
? I'm confused, what was picky? I was just saying how I wish GF gave him a mega, ORAS needed a few more crucial megas to their pokemon imo.

Chrono.

So to try to move on to a different topic.

I've always thought that Eevee could be a cool playable character. But I have no idea how it would work. What do you guys think?
I love Eevee but the idea of having him transform mid-battle sounds like it'd be really complicated to implement.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Apparently FE Fates is getting only one version in which you actually pick the path if Amazon is to be believed...In Europe
Remind me why we give Reggie all the attention over a dumb meme he created while we ignore Shibata who has been making the smart genius decision for NoE

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom