• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ryuga, why are you interested in my opinions for all my games. :p

But yeah, I played the demo too, which made it seem great.

And it was great for most of the game.

Problem is...

For a good chunk of the later levels turn away from a rhythm based platformer and become twitch platformers with little to no musical tells.

It got frustrating.
Curiosity, dear Swampy *Puts Benedict Cumberbatch mask on*

So it basically loses music but goes for pure gameplay? Not a smart move imo. I liked the Bike theme stage in the demo though

DAMMIT DOODLEDUCK STOP RUINING THAT MOVIE FOR ME

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Yes,No,No,indiffernt.I want new series to be rep in smash.Main reason i want isaac and wonder red in and viridi is the best character in uprising(imo) but i feel we should get hades or medusa or better yet a new game before we get more KI content

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

So it basically loses music but goes for pure gameplay? Not a smart move imo. I liked the Bike theme stage in the demo though

Why are you wearing an alien mask, dude?

I thought PM wasn't there to begin with?
No, there was a panel like "Past, Present, Future".

Unless I've been HORRIBLY misinformed.

Last edited by a moderator:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Indifferent (would be cool but I can live without him)
No (Capcom is fine with what they have)
Indifferent (Assist trophy but he'd be a neat addition)
Yes (AreJay25 bias)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Yeah it starts too.

There's music.

And gameplay, but they start to go away from each other.

Strofirko

Smash Master
...Dammit, you want me to prove Doodleduck right... Also, ever seen Sherlock? I should watch more than the first episode

The hell does that even mean? Go yee yourself
Just stop hammering the keyboard and we may have a good yee-talk.

D

Deleted member

Geez, this thread has been empty for abount an hour, time to fix that
Team update for those that still care
1439071273656-2085845678.jpg
1439071327612-1713918029.jpg

Did the alerts thing again.
Not gonna use any of them since party is already full

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The irony that Street Fighter is listed and now it's main character is part of the roster.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
As a Smash fan I only hate one of those things, the people who believe Melee is the only Smash game. I also saw some hype as hell moments from USF4 a while ago, should watch TOHNAMINTZ
Those are stream monsters, Ryuga.

Trust me, those are type of guys that can ruin the stream for everyone and have stupid opinions.

They did it for Marvel and ruined alot of anime fighters, KI, MKX and 3D fighters but they know not to mess with SF.

Chrono.

FE14 spoilers sorta (this is related to the whole Soleil issue)

Apparently, Japanese people have started a campaign to raise awareness over how badly same-sex relationships were handled in the game.

On top of that it seems a Japanese Lesbian website made an article on the whole Soleil thing (google translating it p much gives you an idea on how bad the backlash is)

http://gachirezu.com/pick/pick355.html[/spoiler]

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Those are stream monsters, Ryuga.

Trust me, those are type of guys that can ruin the stream for everyone and have stupid opinions.

They did it for Marvel and ruined alot of anime fighters, KI, MKX and 3D fighters but they know not to mess with SF.
You forgot that Speedrun thingy for charity. You don't make offensive jokes when doing something for charity

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You forgot that Speedrun thingy for charity. You don't make offensive jokes when doing something for charity
I think the guy had legit autism. No one can be this socially inept and make jokes like killing himself.

Apparently, Japanese people have started a campaign to raise awareness over how badly same-sex relationships were handled in the game.

On top of that it seems a Japanese Lesbian website made an article on the whole Soleil thing (google translating it p much gives you an idea on how bad the backlash is)

The whole situation itself really is something overblowned by the media and people who believe IS was homophobic. Soleil wasn't even gay since she can't romance any of the girls.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think the guy had legit autism. No one can be this socially inept and make jokes like killing himself.

The whole situation itself really is something overblowned by the media and people who believe IS was homophobic. Soleil wasn't even gay since she can't romance any of the girls.
A guy makes bad jokes..must have autism.

I hate the guy and his nasty jokes but...really?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

It was more than that. Watch that whole thing, I feel like he has something related to he acts in public because not even the person with bad taste would make jokes like that. It has to be something. Maybe Autism was the wrong word

D

Deleted member

At this point, I'm either waiting for the game to be released in the US to see her Kamui supports or the fan translation have it translated
Everywhere I go I see different translations and interpretations and this whole thing is confusing me

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Autists tend to lack social skills, as someone who knows a surprisingly large amount of autistic people, this is true. Rdg is overblowing it to the point my friends would get angered, but I get why he said it

http://gachirezu.com/pick/pick355.html
oh for ****s sake...Was it handeled well? No, Soleil can't S support any women, something something units despite FE4's substitutes being a possibility and how the option is extremely limited, especially as the lesbian choice is hit or miss in the West. However, considering gay marriage is still illegal in Japan it's a miracle it's in the game at all. I feel like they should try to improve on this in the future, but it's clearly not anti-gay. Especially with all the Ho Yay in the previous games

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It was more than that. Watch that whole thing, I feel like he has something related to he acts in public because not even the person with bad taste would make jokes like that. It has to be something. Maybe Autism was the wrong word
Yes, it was the wrong word.
He's just a jerk, most likely. Not everyone who's mean has a mental illness.
I mean maybe he does but..

By the way, I'm autistic, so I just don't think you're right about the autistic thing.

Autists tend to lack social skills, as someone who knows a surprisingly large amount of autistic people, this is true. Rdg is overblowing it to the point my friends would get angered, but I get why he said it
Considering I am autistic, I think I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

"likes post" claims in ruined movie.
These Shenanigans.

I love this twitter account so much
Aaron Webber is the greatest.
Speaking of which I have been thinking about Sonic's 25th anniversary game.
Got to be honest I hope it's Generations 2. Or something along the lines of the Boost Trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom