• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well Here's hoping this most splendid update nerfs Sheik.
I will be more than happy if it does.
If it nerfs Roy or Lucas though I will be livid.
Oh and @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei We doing Tournaments when it goes live or What :estatic:
I suggested a Leaks Group tournament before the idea was cool. /Hipster

While the last tournament didn't go so well, lets make this tournament the best one yet!
(Yes, I'm in.)

Chrono.

Its already 7AM in Japan though?

EDIT: nvm, gotta wait till noon it seems lol

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I misinterpreted7.31 as 7 A.M. Also my bad
But it is A.M. Though
So sometime in the next 5 hours we should (hopefully) hear something. I wonder if it'll be something exciting since they're waiting until the very last moment to unveil the rest of the update. If it's nothing, I won't be surprised, but it'll be odd they waited to announce the last pieces so late.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, if there is an online Leaks tournament. I'll join! Hopefully you'll be able to use Custom Moves in online tourneys. I'm pretty good with Doc using customs. Hopefully they buff him in the patch...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hope to hear something soon. I'm hoping for a new character as well but wouldn't be surprised i there wasn't.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I doubt it's a worldwide release, considering it's close to or after midnight in Europe.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
So if we don't get a character reveal here, what are the odds that we get one in an August Direct? This would look to be Wolf's last chance...:c

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
Apparently it's been a year since I made this account to find out what the big leak was all about. Happy anniversary to me.

Chrono.

Have they ever uploaded a trailer to the Smash YT without it being linked to an event?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Would they really share a trailer over Twitter?

I can't see any new character happening.
Possibly, It could almost be like Pac man where NOA linked the trailer to youtube from the twitter. I'd be 50/50 on this happening again though. If it does happen, I'd see it being a result of Iwatwa's passing. Maybe a direct was planned this month and filmed but since it had Iwatwa they wanted to delay i and the n release some of it's contents without a direct like the smash stuff and maybe evem splatoon's big update and the miiverse one.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I expect nothing and I win,it will be not the first update without characters thought,may the dataminers have time to find some kinda of hint.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I just finished up a session of For Friends with someone on Miiverse and now he's trying to guilt-trip me for actually playing the game.

Good Lord.

Chrono.

There's not much of a reason for a Direct atm unless it's just Splatoon, Smash and Whooly World.

And at this point everyone's kinda sick of the Whooly World exposure.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
On the Sonic comvo;

I think that, skipping past Arin's sheer incompetency (always been part of the charm of GG for me...) that Sonic Adventure does look pretty bad. The camera looks awfully dated and looks like it came right out of that late 90s era where games were still getting used to cameras in 3D environments. But more importantly, the level design looks like a complete mess. It's like a mishmash of a hundred different ideas.

I think that really describes 3D Sonic, though. It feels like the series can't stick to a formula and just makes new things up every game on the same foundation of "There's Sonic, sometimes he goes really fast and here are a select few staple elements you'll see."

I was just never convinced of the visionary authenticity of the 3D Sonic Universe. Points for the sheer creativity, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom