• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
(What time is it in the US atm?)

(I'm an Aussie Boy, in an Aussie World. Life in Croc-Land, it's bloody bonza m8)
In central time (Texasland) it's 6PM.

So it'll be revealed at 2AM for me, so it's actually still 8 hours.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, are we going to make a tournament or something once the update comes out?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Whoah, I just tried the Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies demo and while I was being oblivious at first, I eventually understood it and it was real cool. So, question. Which Phoenix Wright game for the 3DS is the best to get? I really liked the demo, since it's style was real good and the emotion changes was a nice touch as well. Also, is Layton anything like this?

thanks in advance for helping this helpless poster

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Oh. I totally missed the train, I guess the update is within the next couple of hours.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Whoah, I just tried the Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies demo and while I was being oblivious at first, I eventually understood it and it was real cool. So, question. Which Phoenix Wright game for the 3DS is the best to get? I really liked the demo, since it's style was real good and the emotion changes was a nice touch as well. Also, is Layton anything like this?

Layton is much different, despite taking inspiration from Wright.

You should probably play the games in release order. So start off with Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright, then Justice for All, then Trials & Tribulations, then Apollo Justice and then Dual Destinies

The first 3 are on the Trilogy collection on the 3DS, they seem alright outside of some visual changes that don't look great

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, question. Which Phoenix Wright game for the 3DS is the best to get? r
All of them.

Also, is Layton anything like this?
Not really.

Layton encourages thinking within a set of rules while Ace Attorney encourages thinking outside the box.

Both are valuable skills.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Well, the original trilogy is (apparently) better, but...
I really liked Dual Destinies. T-T

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
By the way, if it says anything, the writer of Ghost Trick is the same one as the first 4 Ace Attorney games.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
People that are expecting anything beyond one or two more Mii costumes are likely in for a world of disappointment. Nintendo wouldn't release big ticket DLC without advertising it first. It's literally a loss of revenue; people can't buy what they don't know about.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I desperately hope there's a balance patch

+Shiek nerfs where she's still S/A tier but not as insane
+Rosalina Nerfs
+Make Zelda usable
+Many Doc Buffs
+Murder 1122 Villager
+Make Charizard good

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
People that are expecting anything beyond one or two more Mii costumes are likely in for a world of disappointment. Nintendo wouldn't release big ticket DLC without advertising it first. It's literally a loss of revenue; people can't buy what they don't know about.
I agree. I'm just excited for the stages and the new music. The last three costumes do interest me slightly, but more for their effect on the ballot.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well don't forget about the stuff that may be found by datamining. Nintendo most likely have learned from their mistake, but there is a possibility of hints at a future DLC character!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i feel so loved

By the way, if it says anything, the writer of Ghost Trick is the same one as the first 4 Ace Attorney games.
Ghost Trick? That was on my backlog too!

It's not like -sniff- I ever needed a life. :'^)
proceeds to put 30 dollars in 3DS

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I desperately hope there's a balance patch

+Shiek nerfs where she's still S/A tier but not as insane
+Rosalina Nerfs
+Make Zelda usable
+Many Doc Buffs
+Murder 1122 Villager
+Make Charizard good
Omg make Charizard good should be a priority. He's so clunky. I loved using him until I started playing online haha. Although Flare Blitz in 4 vs. 4 For Glory is pretty funny.

Moar Flaco buffs 2 plz.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Omg make Charizard good should be a priority. He's so clunky. I loved using him until I started playing online haha. Although Flare Blitz in 4 vs. 4 For Glory is pretty funny.

Moar Flaco buffs 2 plz.
I'm more concerned with Zelda

Zelda is in competition with Melee Kirby and Brawl Ganon. I don't understand what the development team was going for with her.

Chrono.

I think it depends on how soon we're getting new characters.

If we're getting them soon (like next month or 2 soon) then I think something in the data would allude to it. If we're not getting anything for a long time then the datamine shouldn't have new info.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm more concerned with Zelda

Zelda is in competition with Melee Kirby and Brawl Ganon. I don't understand what the development team was going for with her.
Actually that's a fair call. I used Zelda a fair bit in Brawl and can't do anything with her these days. All he attacks seem to whiff on me.

Soul.

Nerfing Needles is what everyone wants.
I'm not expecting balance though, if there is any. This thing can't come sooner.

D

Deleted member

Yes to Cranky Kong and especially Simon Belmont, indifferent to Captain Rainbow and Delphox.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You people say Charizard isn't good.

Ya'll are terrible at the game.

Guybrush20X6