• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I desperately hope there's a balance patch

+Shiek nerfs where she's still S/A tier but not as insane
+Rosalina Nerfs
+Make Zelda usable
+Many Doc Buffs
+Murder 1122 Villager
+Make Charizard good
I don't normally share my competitive opinions, but given this is a social, this is what I'm feeling at the moment.

Major Buffs
:4dedede::4mewtwo::4zelda:

Minor Buffs
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4palutena::4robinf::4wiifit:

Slight Buff
:4falco::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4megaman::4miigun::4miisword::4samus:

No Change
:4diddy::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4lucas::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4metaknight::4miibrawl::4olimar::4pacman::4peach::4pit::4rob::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4wario2::4yoshi::4zss:

Slight Nerf
:4falcon::4fox::4ness::4pikachu::4sheik::4villager:

Minor Nerf
:starman:(Luma)

Major Nerf
:substitute:

Honestly I think most of the cast is fine, and except for Luma (who didn't need a health buff IMO) and Villager (who shouldn't get such a large reward for defense, not that his tools shouldn't be taken away) I don't think nerfs will help at this point.

Zard, Ike, G&W, Wario, and Kirby I think are being slept on. Mega Man is fine, but a buff could help with his lack of results. Mewtwo feels like he's not been completely finished, as the potential is there. June DLC I think should wait.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
@BluePikmin11

Here's some of my own artwork from Miiverse if you want to post it to the thread.

This one is a bit weird.

I just want to point out that I'm still only at less than 200 followers and that each of these only get 5-20 yeahs each.

Found this neat visual for Wonder Reds moveset
dang that's pretty. I even agree with a few moves

Entrance.
Neutral special -Unite Gun:can be charaged, but the charge cannot be held (greninja neutral B). has 3 charge levels

basic--> rapid fire--> super scope
basic: a regular shot
rapid fire: fires 3 shots like in unite stinger.
Super scope: fires a high damage explosive shot

Custom neutral 1: no charging but higher damage and reduced endlag
custom neutral 2: much faster charge but lower damage. super scope does not explode

side specials are all different unites/unifies
red throws a unite morph forward at a low range. will fall if there is no platform below it (to prevent edgeguarding)

the first 2 work like ROB's gyro and remain in place after being thrown. hit multiple times instead of once

Side special 1-claws. freezes at higher %
Side special 2- naginata cant freeze but reflects projectiles and does high damage at the tips
3 however does not stay in place
Side special 3 -Voomerang. Vorkens boomerang. moves forward normally but then comes back.

Down special- Unite Spring: spring in a direction dealing damage and becoming immune. second use becomes Unite Ball works similar to wario's bike but very little damage or knockback but you also take very little damage or knockback.

Custom down 1 leaves lingering hitbox after the special ends. No ball and larger endlag

Custom down 2 spring is slower and does more damage. ball becomes spiked and increases damage but does not give resistanec buffs.

Up special: Unite Glider- look at the graph of Cos(x) on the interval [2.5,2*pi] deals damage and rises after a short fall

has generic recovery customs. highre damage less height and the opposite

Jab writes itself.

ftilt- a 2 punch combo
up tilt: a double claw swipe

Down tilt- claw swipe with both claws. Starts with claws together than swipes outward.
Up air -spins gun cowboy style then fires a shot. (During spin the gun has a hitbox) shot is a projectile

Down air- uses the hammer and slams down. the hammer itself does the highest damage and breaks shield but red does have a hitbox as well.

Fair- quick aerial punch combo. Gives horizontal movement

Nair - wonderful rising sword. holds sword out while doing flips. multi-hit

Bair- slashes with the sword behind him horizontally. very small vertical hitbox but decent damage

Dash attack- wonderful stinger for hand

Down smash-wondeful cyclone for hand

F smash- a brutal punch. Think mii brawlers forward smash.

Up smash- unite rocket. More charge is more height

grab is unite whip. has a tether

grab pummel
Down throw- uses unite drill on an opponent lying down. breaks shield of other enemies (like ryu's up throw)

alternatively uses whip and slaps them while they are down

Up throw wonder rising

forward throw- thrust with the hammer into a baseball style swing

back throw- pushes them behind him before smashing him with hammer

Final smash- engage unlimited form! All morphs become larger increasing the hitbox and damage. Up air becomes the super scope for all shots and fires an explosive shot. While dashing, rainbows follow
never liked the charging/wonder liner things though.

EDIT
RIP color coding. this looked so much prettier the first time :urg:

I needed an excuse to post this

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, as long as ZSS and Sheik are nerfed, I'll be satisfied.
I don't think any character needs a huge buff considering the ones that most needed them, Ike, Charizard and Falco, got a bunch of them in the last patch.
I also fail to see how Zelda needs a buff

Strofirko

Smash Master
For :4zelda: being so trash tier,it suddenly awaken a beast and a strong cult on these forums,the beast is long gone but the cult will never be satisfied until the buffs.

Khoru

Smash Champion
It's so sad that in this pictures and the Top 10 videos about the ballot, like 90% of the characters are third parties and indies.
why is meat boy even there

also it's pretty funny that konami, imo, has the most smash-viable characters from different series (so no sonic)
but... they're konami.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
That's an exaggeration.

I personally think the worst in the game is Mewtwo, for being a giant Jigglypuff.
But yeah, all the characters in this game are "usable".
Zelda has a lot of problems

-She's light, floaty, tall (big target), and slow. This may be the worst possible combination of attributes for any character in the game to have.
-Four out of five aerials are all heavily lagged, and her Nair's autocancel is useless because her attacks are too slow for follow ups. Compare to Lucas.
-Her aerials sans Nair are all Knees. You don't want to hit sour spots, and every hard hit doesn't allow for combos. Every wihiff will be met with a punish.
-Her mobility hinders her ability to string attacks
-Her down/side specials are among the worst projectiles in the series' history.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I think Falcon should get some more buffs. He needs to reach his full potential.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's not become the people who reply to everything with kappas.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

So seeing as we were talking about Phoenix Wright earlier, and going off of this comic

What would your Magical Lawyer power be?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you think costumes of characters like Shovel Knight, Shantae or Geno are possible?
I think a Shovel Knight costume is very possible.

That "Megaton" announcement could be that.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else get the Rising Thunder Alpha access?

Last edited by a moderator:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Wait, we're getting invaded by the Smash 4 Social Thread!?! I've got a shield we can use!

And while you guys defend the thread, I'll abandon ship to save my own life.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think a Shovel Knight costume is very possible.

That "Megaton" announcement could be that.
Oh, I forgot about that.
Maybe.

I reckon Ganon needs a buff, give him a faster Jab or something.

His jab is slower than a spotdodege iirc lol :p
I want his Down Air with no lag so I can stomp my opponents multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom