• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am curious as to when the update will happen.

It won't be AM for much longer.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Do you think costumes of characters like Shovel Knight, Shantae or Geno are possible?
Yeah I wouldn't be totally surprised. Third party front runners are from Namco, Sega, Capcom and Ubisoft, but Indie reps are within the realm of posibility.

Geno though, that's a tough call. I'm not the best person to offer am opinion here.

The Mutant Mudd dude would be cool. And the Cave Story guy.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Do you think costumes of characters like Shovel Knight, Shantae or Geno are possible?
i'd say geno would be pretty likely if a square enix character were to get in (among others like neku and crono)
considering the probable low number of votes for one, though, it'd be an obvious classic dark pit situation though

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah I wouldn't be totally surprised. Third party front runners are from Namco, Sega, Capcom and Ubisoft, but Indie reps are within the realm of posibility.

Geno though, that's a tough call. I'm not the best person to offer am opinion here.

The Mutant Mudd dude would be cool. And the Cave Story guy.
I can only see Geno if Square-Enix gets a character in the first place.

I'm not sure if they're willing to pay Indie developers for a costume or if Indie developers are generally willing to only get a costume at most.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'd rather have the Slime from Dragon Quest over Geno.

Dragon Quest needs more love in the West.

Khoru

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if they're willing to pay Indie developers for a costume or if Indie developers are generally willing to only get a costume at most.
i'm sure they would be. choice provisions just got a trophy in the game but i think they were pretty happy with it.

D

Deleted member

i'd say geno would be pretty likely if a square enix character were to get in (among others like neku and crono)
considering the probable low number of votes for one, though, it'd be an obvious classic dark pit situation though
Not gonna lie, a Crono Mii outfit would probably be the closest I would get to all of my childhood dreams
or just put some goddamn CT music already

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Costumes, maybe. Playable Shovel Knight or Shantae? Not going to happen. The ballots are worldwide and nobody elsewhere in the world knows who the hell Shovel Knight or Shantae are. If the rest are "fan requests", I'm really doubting Sakurai is going to put in characters that are only known in the US. That said, Shantae might have a better chance since she has multiple games? But overall neither of them are remotely relevant to Smash Bros or relevant basically anywhere else in the world, so I'm going to say a hard "no" on those two.

Maybe Geno...?

Edit: Note, apologies, I thought it said "costumes OR characters".
Yes, costumes of anything are possible, I believe.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Major buffs
:4ganondorf::4zelda::4miigun::4samus::4drmario::4mewtwo::4dk:

Minor Buff
:4dedede::4olimar::4littlemac::4robinm::4wiifit::4miisword::4palutena:

Slight buff
:4lucina::4marth::4pacman:(pls fix grab):4greninja::4peach::4falcon:

No change: Everyone else

Slight nerf
:4feroy::4zss::4ness:(Backthrow pls):4diddy:

Minor nerf
:4yoshi::4villager::4sonic:

Major nerf
:4sheik:

Nerf this ***** to oblivion
:rosalina:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Buff Sheik.
Yes, I'm insane.

It's not a raid, Swamp. We just want to chill.
So it's a raid?
Le Woody.png

I'll get my Elsa avatar and my bad ice puns I stole from the internet.
Le Woody.png

Last edited:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Zelda has a lot of problems

-She's light, floaty, tall (big target), and slow. This may be the worst possible combination of attributes for any character in the game to have.
-Four out of five aerials are all heavily lagged, and her Nair's autocancel is useless because her attacks are too slow for follow ups. Compare to Lucas.
-Her aerials sans Nair are all Knees. You don't want to hit sour spots, and every hard hit doesn't allow for combos. Every wihiff will be met with a punish.
-Her mobility hinders her ability to string attacks
-Her down/side specials are among the worst projectiles in the series' history.
... that sounds A LOT like Mewtwo. Wow.

I think maybe Palutena needs a buff? I could just suck with her... but if there is any other character that I wish got a different moveset besides Ganondorf, it's Palutena. Her ground game sucks and those moves have too much lag. But I think that is a personal issue.

If I could have one dream... give Sonic's Back Throw a BIT of it's power back? It got nerfed and I accept that. But now that move can't kill period. At least let it kill at 120% or something. :p

P.S: Keep buffing Mii Swordsman. (S)He's been getting subtle buffs as the game has gotten older and as that is my main, I have noticed. (Main(s): Mii Swordsman & Sonic. Secondaries are Mewtwo & Lucina. Female Robin, Mii Gunner & Mii Brawler are after that.)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
... that sounds A LOT like Mewtwo. Wow.

I think maybe Palutena needs a buff? I could just suck with her... but if there is any other character that I wish got a different moveset besides Ganondorf, it's Palutena. Her ground game sucks and those moves have too much lag. But I think that is a personal issue.

If I could have one dream... give Sonic's Back Throw a BIT of it's power back? It got nerfed and I accept that. But now that move can't kill period. At least let it kill at 120% or something. :p

P.S: Keep buffing Mii Swordsman. (S)He's been getting subtle buffs as the game has gotten older and as that is my main, I have noticed. (Main(s): Mii Swordsman & Sonic. Secondaries are Mewtwo & Lucina. Female Robin, Mii Gunner & Mii Brawler are after that.)
Yeah, Mewtwo is very low-tier. But he still has a better moveset than Zelda :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
All I want is pre-patch :4littlemac: back. That nerf was unnecessary and was due to constant complaints from scrubs on Twitter, 4chan, Reddit, Tumblr, Facebook, EventHubs which is the worst and here as well.

Especially his side-B. Buff that and his Up-B to give him a fighting chance

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Palutena really needs more speed in her tilts and her Down Smash hitboxes are weird.
I personally would like a shield breaker effect to her side tilt, more knockback to up tilt and a faster Reflect Barrier.
Also, more damage to Autoreticle and please... buff that Counter, it's terrible.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

So seeing as we were talking about Phoenix Wright earlier, and going off of this comic

What would your Magical Lawyer power be?
Whoops I forgot to include my power: refuting everything the opposition says until they give up in frustration, in other words annoy them until they quit. And I would refute EVERYTHING, even the stuff that makes sense.

I'd rather have the Slime from Dragon Quest over Geno.

Dragon Quest needs more love in the West.
You know having the main character from the original Dragon Quest playable in Smash wouldn't be to bad an idea, since Dragon Quest can technically be seen as the first JRPG. Also I can see Square Enix getting 2 characters in Smash, like how Capcom does, one from Final Fantasy and one from Dragon Quest.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Welp if there are any major reveals for Mii Fighters (Kyo Mii costume would get me hype) or anything else, chuck me a tag for the hype train.
Oh you poor, poor delusional clone of an already niche fighting game protagonist...

That awkward moment when someone follows you completely out of the blue

Update us in an hour when i will (hopefully) be asleep. So another morning of sifting through 15 pages.

Yay

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
All I want is pre-patch :4littlemac: back. That nerf was unnecessary and was due to constant complaints from scrubs on Twitter, 4chan, Reddit, Tumblr, Facebook, EventHubs which is the worst and here as well.

Especially his side-B. Buff that and his Up-B to give him a fighting chance
If Mac's Side B was what it was at launch, and if he could Up B after it, his recovery would actually be passable while still not being very good, and his over all air game would still suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom