• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Well thanks to NO ONE ON THE INTERNET HAVING THE COURTESY TO USE A SPOILER WARNING, my build up has been ruined and I am not going to be fun to talk to the for the next long while.

It's freaking everywhere, on Nintendo Life's front Page, filling the Know Your Meme galleries, on unrealated Twitter Tags and on the front of our own dear website.

Spoiler Warnings save lives, more specifically yours.
I even saw it on yahoo before I came to smashboards this morning.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Ehh....

That IS true, but PT fought with Squirts, Ivy, and Zard. He didn't fight himself. Since we'd have Zard, Squirts, and Ivy as different characters, PT kinda couldn't use them. + Technical difficulties if they still wanted him too. And if PT used himself to fight, like calling out Pokémon out, throwing Pokéballs out, tools, etc. etc., he'd more like a newcomer imo.
I was going more along the lines of lightheartedly poking fun at people for forgetting about him. And honestly I'd love to see a movest for the trainer based around H Moves

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I just.... I don't know what to think about...
Yesterday I was kind of sad with everything and I woke up and saw the world being blessed by news.
This time around Nintendo ****** up launching the update prior to the actual launch.
So... no one is even guilty.

I just want to thanks Sakurai and the Smash Bros team development for this awesome new content that is coming, and build my hope for more and more.
My money (and almost all competitive scene money) is all yours....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
STOP POSTING PICTURE WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS GUYS! Can't I have ONE SURPRISE TOMORROW?

ONE?!

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Well, quite a fun surprise to wake up to this morning! I'm super excited for Ryu. Now just give me my dang Wolf back!!!!!

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
STOP POSTING PICTURE WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS GUYS! Can't I have ONE SURPRISE TOMORROW?

ONE?!
You shouldn't have joined a group focused around leaks then.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I just realised something.
All-Star mode is going to really, really, suck now, especially hard difficulty.
Sigh....

If they keep adding characters they gotta increase the health drops right...?
Right?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just realised something.
All-Star mode is going to really, really, suck now, especially hard difficulty.
Sigh....

If they keep adding characters they gotta increase the health drops right...?
Right?
I really need to complete those challenges requiring me to complete it under a certain time.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Huh wha what WHAT?!?

I was peacefully working on my project and thought to check SmashBoards and then all of THIS happened out of nowhere!:4lucas:

Oh gosh.........

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So this is my final question, did Nintendo mistakenly distribute the patch or did someone download it manually from Nintendo's servers with NUS Downloader?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So this is my final question, did Nintendo mistakenly distribute the patch or did someone download it manually from Nintendo's servers with NUS Downloader?
It appears to be a total accident, since it wasn't supposed to go up until tomorrow.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

ONE?!
Why are you in a group focused around finding out any details we can before an announcement is made.

We call those "leaks"

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
More and more spoilers, I was trying to avoid this but someone tagged me and I thought something important had happened.

Ah well, it'll be fun to see the official reveals regardless.

With Ridley out of the running, all I think DLC needs from here on out is a DK rep and Wolf.

I'd love other characters though. Still pulling for Isaac pretty hard.

Hey, I just realized something.... if Snake comes back that opens the door to Konami Mii costumes. Maybe even a Bomberman costume!

(brb, voting for Snake.)

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace

hah
I can see her next comic. It with wither be about A) Roy being happy that he's finally a playable fighter and rub it in the faces of others, or B) He gets irritated that everyone starts to ignore him in favor of the Shotokan. Or possibly both.

No matter what, Roy will always be Katie's punching bag when Smash in involved in Awkward Zombie..

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
These victory screen photos are the best. But then again, I suppose that was already the case.

Someone really needs to make an inspirational poster with that one with Ryu and everyone doing uppercuts.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I don't understand why some people are freaking out about spoilers.

We knew Roy and Ryu were coming :/
For months ;_;. I get it that people didn't believe it...but still...it's not a huge shock.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
We still have the trailers.
I guess.....
Oh please give us something out of the blue.
The trailers are awesome though! Think about how many Pokemon and Mother 3 references there are in the Mewtwo and Lucas trailers! This team is brilliant. I don't even care if we get more content past this now.

I'm still super excited for the direct. Hoping they go in detail about the movesets too.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Royu was confirmed?
Eh, I was gonna get the DLC characters regardless of who they were, but that's nice.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
For those who are bummed that they saw the leak... sorry. But most of us are super hyped to finally have something after months, so please don't push your negativity on us.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
For months ;_;. I get it that people didn't believe it...but still...it's not a huge shock.
its less surprising it happened at all but rather surprising when it happened

.also ive have the roy video on loop for the past half hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom