• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's a difference between knowing something's coming and actually seeing it.
At the same time and I love Spazzy and Guy. They're awesome peeps. Don't get me wrong, not knocking them or their wishes.

It's very much a ''You know you're risking seeing it in a thread dedicated to leaks." factor to consider anyways.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm definitely waiting to watch footage of Ryu/Roy till tomorrow

The big surprise is that A: The leak happened today
and B: That we're apparently getting Lucas, Ryu, and Roy on the same day

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, I'm severely disappointed that there'll be a lack of cars to beat up. Now how will I get the high score?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Waiiiiit. Hold on.

We got a Ken trophy but not a palette swap. Also a random Inkling Girl trophy.

... do we know these aren't Assist Trophies?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
For those who are bummed that they saw the leak... sorry. But most of us are super hyped to finally have something after months, so please don't push your negativity on us.
???

no one is pushing negativity on you. are people not allowed to express their disappointment that the presentation got spoiled big time?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Waiiiiit. Hold on.

We got a Ken trophy but not a palette swap. Also a random Inkling Girl trophy.

... do we know these aren't Assist Trophies?
I feel like Ken would have voice clips if he were an Assist. He doesn't.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You guys know how I am in my bitter black *****-y heart about veterans that were cut and special cases and what not.

Seeing Roy again changed that.

Bring them back.

Bring them all back.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So if Roy/Ryu are coming this quickly, is it a safer bet that we're getting more characters than initially expected?

I find it very hard to believe that this'll be the last Smash character update for a year.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
There's a difference between knowing something's coming and actually seeing it.
I would agree with you if we were talking about someone like Duck Hunt, but we're not. We knew what Roy and Ryu were going to look like. You can find 3D models of them online. It's really not that big of a surprise.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You guys know how I am in my bitter black ****** heart about veterans that were cut and special cases and what not.

Seeing Roy again changed that.

Bring them back.

Bring them all back.
I knew I could change the perspective of each and everyone's heart.
Smash brother Universe will be a thing damn it.
But regardless it's great to see I'm not alone. :')

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ill be honest now that we got roy back iwelcome the idea of pichu.....and maybe younglink

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So if Roy/Ryu are coming this quickly, is it a safer bet that we're getting more characters than initially expected?

I find it very hard to believe that this'll be the last Smash character update for a year.
I'd say so, yeah. Especially when you consider the Ballot, we could be getting a lot.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I love how people try to tell me on other boards that Nintendo does know how to manage patches/online networks. That they know how to perform basic online functions in the 21st century.

Then this happens.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I love how people try to tell me on other boards that Nintendo does know how to manage patches/online networks. That they know how to perform basic online functions in the 21st century.

Then this happens.
Please, this could've happened to anyone. This game has massive amounts of hype following it so of course people are watching its every move.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
*sigh*

Sorry for the outburst. I'm removing this thread from my watchlist for the time being.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Please, this could've happened to anyone. This game has massive amounts of hype following it so of course people are watching its every move.
It happened to Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Literally every single new character was leaked day 1 because Capcom ****ed up.

It's not just Nintendo this happens too.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
???

no one is pushing negativity on you. are people not allowed to express their disappointment that the presentation got spoiled big time?
I would disagree with you. And yes, they are allowed to, but I would not post that on this thread, where we're supposed to be talking about new leaks, instead of saying someone is bummed because they learned about new leaks. But it's cool, I was just excited to come to Smashboards to see the hype after I saw it on facebook, and the first message I saw was someone complaining about it. That's all.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
No it wouldn't have happened to anyone. (Besides Marvel cuz DLC on disc)

This doesn't happen to other companies because they know what people will do. They will datamine. They make sure certain data isn't in updates. It's a rather specific example, but this is just one of many things Nintendo still can't understand when it comes to an online framework.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No Chun Li representation.

At. All.

First lady of fighting games.

Nothing.

Sakurai....

...WHHHHHHYYYYY.

Last edited:

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Given his history on spoilers, Sakurai must be throwing quit a hissy fit right now.

" Those Powerpuff Girls ruined my dinner! " :113:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I have to wonder if they do it on purpose. Look at all the hype it has generated, it's trending on twitter. Leaks excite people more than official announcements do.

By the way guys, I just totally noticed that all 3 of Roy's different looks are in his costume in this game. He has his Awakening boots/hair/gauntlets etc, his Melee purple scarf etc, his FE cape etc.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I have to wonder if they do it on purpose. Look at all the hype it has generated, it's trending on twitter. Leaks excite people more than official announcements do.

By the way guys, I just totally noticed that all 3 of Roy's different looks are in his costume in this game. He has his Awakening boots/hair/gauntlets etc, his Melee purple scarf etc, his FE cape etc.
Much can change a boy in 14 years.

Inb4 he got taller :gova:

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
his new design is great

but what in the hell is up with the boots?

regardless, glad hes back!

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
No Chun Li representation.

At. All.

First lady of fighting games.

Nothing.

Sakurai....

...WHHHHHHYYYYY.
No one else from Street Fighter is either though. Ryu and( to a slightly lesser degree) Ken are Street Fighter. They're the only two who were playable in the very first one.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No one else from Street Fighter is either though. Ryu and( to a slightly lesser degree) Ken are Street Fighter. They're the only two who were playable in the very first one.
I see you that...

But also raise Chun Li is far more iconic than Ken in terms of her being the first major female fighting game character, etc.

She's as much Street Fighter as Ryu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom