• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I dunno about you, but I'm hyped for the dual console Third Party Reel.

I heard it's a fishing game where you take control of third parties such as Pac-Man, Mega Man, Bayonetta and Albert Wesker to fish for the biggest game.

And eat it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Absolutely Real Leak.png

Star Fox Father-in-Law.

LOZ: The Petite Chocolate

WII FORK U.

WELP.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
2.png

Guys help, I can't pick a favorite.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Zelda: Large wood and Donkey Kong wood? Nintendo are running out of ideas. :troll:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
image.jpg

I actually want Kid Icarus+ & NSMB Online

>Metroid: Cougar Life
image.jpg

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Hey guys, glad to be here in the new thread! I would post sooner, but I had to sleep, soooo.... Yeah.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So this is what the new thread looks like... Seems comfortable. Needs more tacos though.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Meh these fake leaks with attempted funny titles are already tedious...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On a different note, I've noticed over the years that Nintendo's been pushing Wuhu Island as a big locale in recent years. Not that I'm complaining, I love Wuhu Island. I'm just saying it's kind of interesting. :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ya'll are going full ham.

Ya'll need to stop.

Now excuse me while I go play...

I mean I know Nintendo loves them some Isabelle these days, but is it really necessary to make her the new evil big bad Link is fighting in the next Zelda game?!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ahah, this leak generator is hilarious. I got... freaking this:

What the heck. I mean seriously. I'm really curious to see that :laugh:
And here's the complete list for those who are curious.

Title|Platform|Presenter|Type
Star Fox Fired|3DS|Cammie Dunaway|Video/Demo
Ultimate Mii Online|3DS|Shigeru Miyamoto|Video
Metroid: Coach|3DS|Shigeru Miyamoto|Video
Donkey Kong Wasp|3DS|Satoru Iwata|Teaser
Silly Giant |3DS|Nate Bihldorff|Video
Yarn Super Mario Bros. 3D|3DS|Reggie Fils-Aime|Video
Ultimate Beech Wash 3DS|3DS|Reggie Fils-Aime|Video
The Legend of Zelda: Chief Pencil|3DS|Satoru Iwata|Teaser
Third Party Reel|3DS|Satoru Iwata|Video
Yoshi Collection|Wii U|Bill Trinen|Video/Demo
Metroid: Helpful|Wii U|Shigeru Miyamoto|Video
Wii Shark U|Wii U|Reggie Fils-Aime|Video/Demo
Donkey Kong Commission|Wii U|Satoru Iwata|Video
My Mario 8|Wii U|Shigeru Miyamoto|Teaser
The Legend of Zelda: Systematic Clerk HD|Wii U|Nate Bihldorff|Video/Demo
Energetic Cattle|Wii U|Shigeru Miyamoto|Video/Demo
Mario Canoeing Life|Wii U|Satoru Iwata|Video
Star Fox Authority|Wii U|Reggie Fils-Aime|Video
Third Party Reel|Wii U|Nate Bihldorff|Video
NX Reveal|NX|Reggie Fils-Aime
Mario Pro |NX|Reggie Fils-Aime|Teaser
The Legend of Zelda: The Dear Bench|NX|Reggie Fils-Aime|Teaser

Well... there are many IPs Nintendo seems to be very confident about. Donkey Kong, Metroid, Starfox get two games each, with Mario and Zelda getting three. We also get a Yoshi game, most likely a compilation of previous games. Ultimate Mii Online sounds interesting, but we need more details about what the gameplay is about...

On the other hand look at these amazing announced new IPs! Energetic Castle sounds... interesting I guess, Wii Shark U could be awesome (a game with a shark as the protagonist,? yes please!), and Silly Giant... well, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I really really want to see footage of Ultimate Beech Washing 3DS, that seems hilarious :laugh:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
As this is a general Nintendo thread on the eve of E3, I thought this would be a fun thing to do.

Remember that rumor from a while back that said Diddy was left out of Mario Kart so that he could be in a new Diddy Kong Racing, and that the new DKR would star a bunch of B, C, and D tier Nintendo characters?

I decided to make a DKR roster based off of that rumor. I went with 20 characters as that was the roster count for the original Sega and Sonic All Star Racing title, so it seemed like a good bar to match. I originally had K. Rool as the defacto villain, but I swapped him out for Tatanga as I thought he fit better. Also messed around with Advanced War, Mother, and Golden Sun reps, but none made the final cut here.

Thoughts?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
As this is a general Nintendo thread on the eve of E3, I thought this would be a fun thing to do.

Remember that rumor from a while back that said Diddy was left out of Mario Kart so that he could be in a new Diddy Kong Racing, and that the new DKR would star a bunch of B, C, and D tier Nintendo characters?

I decided to make a DKR roster based off of that rumor. I went with 20 characters as that was the roster count for the original Sega and Sonic All Star Racing title, so it seemed like a good bar to match. I originally had K. Rool as the defacto villain, but I swapped him out for Tatanga as I thought he fit better. Also messed around with Advanced War, Mother, and Golden Sun reps, but none made the final cut here.

Thoughts?
>Viridi
>King Hippo
>Tatanga
10/10

Thoughts?
I mean you put Viridi so i'm contractually obliged to like it. . .
But in seroiusness I would play the **** out of this roster. Maybe throw in a pilotwings character? that's a low tier franchise right?
I cant wait for the new Metroid fishing game.

View attachment 55370

too late.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If the opening cinematic of that Diddy Kong Racing game isn't Diddy and Dixie meeting up with the starting roster of KK Slider, Riki, Ice Climbers, Slippy, and Viridi.

All angered because they weren't included in Mario Kart 8/Smash Brothers over the people from their series that made it into that game. Then fail.

Absolute fail.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Wolf reveal for Smash alongside first Stair Fax gameplay plz samurai

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wolf reveal for Smash alongside first Stair Fax gameplay plz samurai
It's universally accepted that a patch is coming that will remove all Star Fox characters from the game because Star Fox Wii U has been cancelled for the far more exciting Car Fax Wii U.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
On a different note, I've noticed over the years that Nintendo's been pushing Wuhu Island as a big locale in recent years. Not that I'm complaining, I love Wuhu Island. I'm just saying it's kind of interesting. :p
Yep. I recall Miyamoto saying he wants "Wuhu Island" to be a character in a different kind of sense.

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
I found some weird stuff on the leak generator, I can't wait for great titles like Sidecar Composer, German Seperated Life, and Super Donkey Kong Group.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Wii Ukrainian U/ Wii U/ Bill Trinen/ Teaser

Who knew Nintendo was now getting into the political arena?

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Wii Ukrainian UWii UBill TrinenVideo/Demo

Who knew Nintendo was now getting into the political arena?
Next Punch out should feature Little Mac boxing against political heads. Lil Mac vs Putin Popinski. :troll:

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Next Punch out should feature Little Mac boxing against political heads. Lil Mac vs Putin Popinski. :troll:
Someone needs to make an image of that.....

Like right now

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I mean you put Viridi so i'm contractually obliged to like it. . .
But in seroiusness I would play the **** out of this roster. Maybe throw in a pilotwings character? that's a low tier franchise right?

too late.
Lot's of choices when it comes to tertiary characters in both Kid Icarus and Star Fox, but I thought that Viridi and Slippy would be the most fun personality wise.

I tried to balance out the cast by design, gender, weight, series, etc, but the final choice always comes down to "does this character add something fun to the roster" for me.

If I expanded that roster to 24 or so Pilot Wings would definitely be heavily considered. Probably Barbara the Bat as well. Mother is odd, as I feel Ninten is the obvious choice as he is the lone Mother protag that will (likely) never be in Smash, but someone like Porky (spider kart!) or Kumatora would be more fun.

(It doesn't really matter though, since if this game somehow happened with a roster that was similar to this I would never not play as Riki anyway.)

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Someone needs to make an image of that.....

Like right now
I've actually made it already, since me and my friend were joking around a lil while ago about a similar subject.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Changing Disco Kid to Obama seems like a super easy photo shop.

(NOTE: This is not an actual political statement is not meant to reflect on Obama or his administration in any way.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom