• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Tips:

Dream Land (64):

If you look behind the stage, you might see a Bronto Burt or King Dedede. Of course, if Dedede is fighting, he won’t be back there.
Not being replaced by Alfonzo smh :/

Also, besides the stage changes that PushDustIn teased, it's possible they are for 8-Player Smash.
I hope the stages come with the characters or that they make a bundle, think about it: Roy, Lucas, Ryu, Dreamland and the SF stage all for $10!
c'mon MK8 did it, just this time Sakurai

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, just curious, what time is Lucas supposed to hit? I'm just trying to be prepared.

I like this one a lot.
More specifially every one of these type of drawings.
I can't imagine how hard the are to do.
Coming from someone who's tried to make an actual drawing on Miiverse, it's not easy.
Then again, I can't draw for the life of me, so...

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
And they the same people?
Lucina is a girl and Lucina also time traveled.
Marth is too feminine to be a boy.

Lucina's chest is too flat to be a girl.

People commonly mistook marth to be a girl in the games and smash, Lucina was created based on this joke, making marth actually a girl.

Its a common joke that based on Lucina's flat chest she is also actually a boy, while based on Marths femininity he is a girl

get your meme lexicon up to date

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I hope the stages come with the characters or that they make a bundle, think about it: Roy, Lucas, Ryu, Dreamland and the SF stage all for $10!
c'mon MK8 did it, just this time Sakurai
I was hoping for this too, but then I did the math and realized there was no actual price reduction in previous bundles (I didn't get the Mii stuff, just bought Mewtwo). I'm sure there'll be a bundle, but I feel like Nintendo's not going to allow for any sort of price reduction since they can charge pretty much whatever they want knowing that people are going to buy regardless. But I'm hoping that maybe the stages will be free, or that at least the SF one will come free with Ryu or something.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I feel like the stages being the same price as the characters would be way overpriced.
Especially when one is ported from an N64 game and the other is a flat hazardless stage.
Yeah, definitely. I'm not an expert on game design stuff but I also imagine they take less work to develop than a character, meaning they should be cheaper anyway.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think stages will probably be like the Mii Costumes, maybe a little more, but not much.
That's more than reasonable imo.
Of course I'm kinda expecting Ryu and his stage to be bundled together.
Also, I noticed that both Lucas and Roy are very popular main characters from Japan-only RPGs. Maybe they'll acknowledge this with some sort of bundle or something?

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
That's more than reasonable imo.
Of course I'm kinda expecting Ryu and his stage to be bundled together.
Also, I noticed that both Lucas and Roy are very popular main characters from Japan-only RPGs. Maybe they'll acknowledge this with some sort of bundle or something?
(to be fair, all nintendo rpgs are japanese rpgs, ad i would argue that earthbound and fe are so different as rpg's it barely matters to compare them) but I wouldnt find it unrealistic to have Roy come today.

I still think they'll definatly Stagger Ryu, and i honestly think they'll do that with Roy aswell

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 great discussion.I wish they would just add donnie and nathan to the group they mix so nice.While i don't think they understand what's the problem with the ice climbers i do like there ballot picks.And boy they really dont care about microsoft

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I just got back home with a Pac-Man Amiibo only to find that someone got their hands on Ryu and Roy.

After seeing Ryu in action, I can't take anyone who continues to deny Snake seriously.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I just got back home with a Pac-Man Amiibo only to find that someone got their hands on Ryu and Roy.

After seeing Ryu in action, I can't take anyone who continues to deny Snake seriously.
To be fair, i mean, its a problem with getting the right to use snake, they would have 100% added him if they could, i mean, its a third party, and one they dont need to do the annoying work with third parties with having to keep talking to the company about their moveset, since he's already got a confirmed OK one.

But they couldnt get him in. Why is that? i have no idea. Its possible this is due to the whole thing about Konami having a fit with snakes creator, or it could possibly be due to snakes license needing to be used elsewhere (If they're making a new Playstation All Stars for example, i coud see sony wanting to get snake in), or a varioty of other possible reasons, who knows.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
To be fair, i mean, its a problem with getting the right to use snake, they would have 100% added him if they could, i mean, its a third party, and one they dont need to do the annoying work with third parties with having to keep talking to the company about their moveset, since he's already got a confirmed OK one.

But they couldnt get him in. Why is that? i have no idea. Its possible this is due to the whole thing about Konami having a fit with snakes creator, or it could possibly be due to snakes license needing to be used elsewhere (If they're making a new Playstation All Stars for example, i coud see sony wanting to get snake in), or a varioty of other possible reasons
More along the lines of "Snake doesn't fit in" etc. Ryu looks more hilariously out of place than Snake ever did, imo.
Which makes me really, really want to play as him already.
Konami would let Snake in with our without Kojima, and Sakurai already did it once, so there should be zero issues.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
(to be fair, all nintendo rpgs are japanese rpgs, ad i would argue that earthbound and fe are so different as rpg's it barely matters to compare them) but I wouldnt find it unrealistic to have Roy come today.
Quest 64 was a Western-style rpg, to be fair. Was made in Japan, though. And released in Amerca first. Then the UK. And then remade a bit before its Japanese release. Ironic, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom