• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Honestly I could see Nintendo putting in Shovel Knight to advertise his game coming out for Japan, just like Roy with Fire Emblem: Binding Blade/Sword of Seals.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I agreed he may have not been that likely but at least before this I had some hope to cling on too. If this is real I don't know what to really to do.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly if Shovel Knight is real, I don't believe most of his other speculation, because honestly that's what it all feels like speculation. He probably really only knows Shovel Knight and no one else.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly I could see Nintendo putting in Shovel Knight to advertise his game coming out for Japan, just like Roy with Fire Emblem: Binding Blade/Sword of Seals.
There's some differences though.
Roy was a clone, and also a first party character.
If Shovel Knight is actually in, there has to be something more going on.
Perhaps every indie platformer ever made is actually Shovel Knight, therefore making him as prolific for Smash.
Get your conspiracy hats ready guys.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I only care about this rumor because of the fact that this could make or break his credibility. He's been on thin ice for a while now with the devil's third stuff and other rumors don't know why he'd suddenly try to damage it further with a rumor about a character that seemed as unlikely as shovel knight.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Tamaki is going to look like such a tool if this doesn't come to pass now.

"I feel sorry that we may have let the cat out of the bag."
Yeah, he's starting to get ballsy. He directly asked Yachtclub about the rumors, and they declined to comment.
The guy wants to bet his entire reoutation on this.
If nothing else, I'm convinced he believes it.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've long predicted that Snake would be unlikely to come back and I have not wavered.

I really liked Snake in Brawl and he was fun to play as, bringing uniqueness to the roster. The codecs were also humorous and emphasized the wackiness of having a more realistic character in the middle of fantastical, cartoony ones. The MGS music selection was memorable and Shadow Moses Island was a great stage.

But things have changed. This isn't 2006 or 2008. Things have changed in the past years. The situation with Konami and Kojima doesn't help at all. The business relationship between Nintendo and Konami isn't as good as before.

I like Snake. I would love to see him return to Smash 3DS/Wii U, but let's be realistic. Snake's chances aren't favorable. On the contrary, there are more obstacles to his inclusion than before.

For now, the only character I want and find viable is Wolf. Any other character (veteran or newcomer) will no doubt impress me and, hey, it's one more character to try out and play as.

I find it very difficult to dislike a fictional character as it takes a particularly repulsive characterization for me to harbor negative feelings in the first place, so I doubt there's any viable Smash addition I'm going to outright dislike.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I don't understand where you guys are coming from saying this guy is "true". Like I get you want something to believe in but he's never been right.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't understand where you guys are coming from saying this guy is "true". Like I get you want something to believe in but he's never been right.
I don't know that never been right is the correct way to say it, he's had a history of being wrong, but he did get something correct in the past I believe.

At this point, he might just be a messenger for someone pulling his and the rest of our legs.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Shovel Knight in Smash is real I'd be happy but as it stands I don't think he's likely without some crazy behind the scenes stuff going on.

At least with all the sub-weapons in his game he has more special move options than Cranky Kong.

Side-Note: If ol' CK is ever playable his Final Smash need to be Arcade DK.

Last edited:

Chrono.

In other news, GameFAQs have pretty much convinced themselves the MGSV spoilers are fake through sheer denial and rage.

It's the ESRB leak all over again over there.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
All I know is that the aftermath of this is going to be a bloodbath.

Doesn't matter how it ends, there will be salt.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Because people like to believe what they want to believe

In other news, GameFAQs have pretty much convinced themselves the MGSV spoilers are fake through sheer denial and rage.

It's the ESRB leak all over again over there.
It's just like MGS2 expect it won't take over 8 years to get over it. Probably 2 months.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Maybe Shovel Knight is coming with someone else.
I do have to wonder this now because anything goes after the Royucas Update :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:
That and we have not a single bit of knowledge about what's next for Smash other than the already known ballot characters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Millions of poor salt water fish and creatures will die as suddenly the salt is evaporated from the oceans of the Earth to fill both the Smash Brothers and Shovel Knight fandoms instead.

Please think of the poor sea creatures.

Khoru

Smash Champion
It's just like MGS2 expect it won't take over 8 years to get over it. Probably 2 months.
nah it'll still be bad
i had no idea people said kojima was a hack after even mgs4
this will exacerbate things

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Maybe Shovel Knight is coming with someone else.
I do have to wonder this now because anything goes after the Royucas Update :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:
That and we have not a single bit of knowledge about what's next for Smash other than the already known ballot characters.
This is possible, but it really depends on when they actually started working on ballot characters.

If they started anyways.

Isn't the Snake thing more of a prediction than part of the actual leak.
The way he worded it leaves it up for debate.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't know what to believe honestly. I think I'll just wait and see.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Snake feels like he's more or less stuck in a limbo of some sort. The things I've been hearing in regards to Konami and Kojima isn't really helping either....

At this point I feel like it would probably be a miracle if Snake came back....

But I'm like Frost, I have a pretty hard time "hating" fictional characters too. There has to be something very repulsive about them for me to dislike them. Otherwise, I just don't care about them and leave them be..... Which is probably why I just shrug when it comes to certain characters certain fandoms want to see dead.... :T

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The thread's rules have now been added to the OP. Be sure to read them before posting. I'd also like to remind that SmashBoards Global Rules also apply here.

Any questions regarding them should be asked to the mods in charge of this place: @Firus, @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , @PushDustIn and me.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
This isn't Swamp's Twitter Feed anymore :p

This is possible, but it really depends on when they actually started working on ballot characters.

If they started anyways.

The way he worded it leaves it up for debate.
I would have thought they would have started after the ballot was done.
But for all I know we could get the first one on the same exact day the Ballot Ends.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
"Swamp wants you to read the thread's rules in the OP before posting"

Sorry Swamp, I'm a rebel. :troll:

The Ballot ends in a month plus a few days, damn. Time flies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom