• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys remember. Birthday posts go on their page. Not the thread.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! About to head out to a Barcade downtown. For years it's taunted me, but since I'm 21 I can finally get in.
Please don't kill each other before I get back :denzel:
EDIT: Sorry Swamp. Last I'll speak of it ^^;

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, I question Sakurai's third party characters comment pretty much for a few reasons already:

He let Snake in not from his iconic status to stealth games or his series accomplishments, but rather because his friend reached out to him.

He also considered James Bond for Melee, who while an iconic character, has one iconic video game under his belt.

It's also potentially likely Rayman was going to be in the base game, but was cut because Ubi ****** around with Nintendo and pissed them off and he's no where on the level of any other third party character including Snake. Which would explain why he's the only third party series with trophies plural.

His decisions about third parties and the histories around them are pretty head scratching at best despite the main 4 being in right now being some of the biggest of the big when it comes to their genres.

Last edited:

Soul.

I'd say in this scenario that people have a right to be pissed off (if Shovel Knight is in fact in).

This is a Nintendo cross over, and it's been explicitly stated multiple times, with no room for mistranslations or errors that Sakurai will not just add "any" guest character. So why wouldn't people be pissed off if they don't want a random GUEST character?
The anger is kinda justified.

If, and only if he does end up getting in, I really could care less, so long as he's unique or a one-time character or whatever floats their boat. When characters get in Smash, I'm always indifferent, because I'd rather save myself from disappointment.

Maybe a small minority inside that minority of people wouldn't be pissed off at his inclusion, but then again, this is Smash speculation...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yeah there's no way he is right. Maybe yacht club is getting tired of the constant "is this leak correct!!?" They're probably getting right now.
I think Yacht Club Games would love it. They've been pushing for Shovel Knight in Smash since the ballot opened. Any press is good press.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm starting to feel like I came in at the wrong time.....

Anyone mind filling me in why some of us are apparently taking this insider guy so personally?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Speaking in such broad strokes is not wise.

For she is far more a favorite of mine than Midna and I say that as someone who likes Midna as well.

Also @:4diddy: would like words with you.
Well generally when I go on Zelda forums, read Zelda fanfictions, and see fan top ten lists, Impa usually isn't all that high, while Midna is. But yeah what I mean is Impa is a character who is like well enough, but most fans just see her as there, that's it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm starting to feel like I came in at the wrong time.....

Anyone mind filling me in why some of us are apparently taking this insider guy so personally?
A combination of the character in question being one that is on the verge of making sense and not, the guy's attitude and random spats about other character cropping up for some reason.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I want to see their reply already. Hopefully so we can kill this leak.
Although we didn't really do anything.
That's not really gonna change anything people are just gonna say there lying or trying to cover it up so they dont get in trouble with nintendo.Smash fans love there conspracies(pretty sure i spelt that wrong)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I want to see their reply already. Hopefully so we can kill this leak.
Although we didn't really do anything.
They retweeted this:
But nothing other than that.

Just some of the DLC stuff for Shovel Knight.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wonder how other Indie companies would feel if Shovel knight got in.
I think they'd be supportive if anything.
But they probably won't really care. I know it's a somewhat different situation, but one indie dev getting upset that they didn't get their character in would be like Square Enix being upset Nintendo didn't ask them for a character, but added Pac-Man.

On a similar note. My to-do list: Make a gif with Shantae's head over Wreck It Ralph's body saying "they invited Shovel Knight?"

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
A combination of the character in question being one that is on the verge of making sense and not, the guy's attitude and random spats about other character cropping up for some reason.
I see, I suppose I'll probably just sit on the sidelines for this one then as I'm still not 100% sure what's going on. But thanks anyway. ^^

(Guess that's what you get when being off for a few days dealing with potential information for a character you care a bit more about.... :T )

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

GameXplain has uploaded their discussion on the matter.

Now pretty much everyone knows about this.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I think they'd be supportive if anything.
But they probably won't really care. I know it's a somewhat different situation, but one indie dev getting upset that they didn't get their character in would be like Square Enix being upset Nintendo didn't ask them for a character, but added Pac-Man.

On a similar note. My to-do list: Make a gif with Shantae's head over Wreck It Ralph's body saying "they invited Shovel Knight?"
See this is something I thought about around the time Wreck It Ralph 2 was first mentioned.
Is he a video game character. Or Originated from a Movie. He sort of did both.
It's nothing to do with him getting Smash just to be clear.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what's with the leak now? Tamaki is talking to Yachtclubames? What's he saying? OH and I feel this is relevant:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See this is something I thought about around the time Wreck It Ralph 2 was first mentioned.
He's a fictional video game character from a movie. Making him a movie character.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So, what did I mis-

Lawd.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No, Wreck-It-Ralph is a movie character through and through. He's just a tribute to video games.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why is Poo on that gif?

I never hear anything about Poo getting into Smash.

I just like saying Poo.

Poo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Snake's been doomed and in Ridley areas of not happening again ever for a while now.

Cue: His confirmation and I have to eat my shoe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom