• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Final results! Thanks to everyone that joined in! We'll have more organization for the next one/ let everyone know a little more in advanced. it was a lot of fun! Congrats to @Aeris for getting 1st place!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Woke up, decided to join the Source gaming tourney. Wife's still asleep so I'm playing on the gamepad. Still a bit tired....and I pick 75m when I meant to pick Town and Country. Time to take a break and get some coffee, lol.
Wait, you're married?

I ain't mad but damn man, props.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Final results! Thanks to everyone that joined in! We'll have more organization for the next one/ let everyone know a little more in advanced. it was a lot of fun! Congrats to @Aeris for getting 1st place!
Woo! 9th place and I stopped playing with 40 minutes left! I'll take that as a win ;).

Wait, you're married?

I ain't mad but damn man, props.
Yup, @8bitgrrl is my wife.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn : Wait, somebody seriously thought it'd be fair to use auto-healing in a tourney? Like, the only equipment that's even remotely fair among that is the KO Healer at best. And that requires work to even activate. And I'd still call that's broken enough to keep out.

And this is coming from a person who generally has an Auto-Healer equipment on her characters.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Anyone know who Joe is, by the way? I had the pleasure of getting my ass handed to me in 1 v 1 after winning two free for alls and thinking to myself "sure, why not switch to Shulk, it's just 4 v 4 free for alls." Much better player then me regardless, lol.

Chrono.

Anyone know who Joe is, by the way? I had the pleasure of getting my *** handed to me in 1 v 1 after winning two free for alls and thinking to myself "sure, why not switch to Shulk, it's just 4 v 4 free for alls." Much better player then me regardless, lol.
Maybe it's @ WeirdJoe27 WeirdJoe27

He's the only Joe I see here lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm done, Sonic boom has Justin beaver in today's episode.....
lmao

kylexv

Smash Master
You know how much better the CSS would look if it were arranged like this:
No DLC:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::rosalina::4bowserjr::4drmario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4ness::4falcon::4villager::4olimar:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii::substitute:

One DLC Character:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::rosalina::4bowserjr::4drmario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4littlemac:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4rob::4ness:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4mii::substitute:

Two DLC Characters:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::rosalina::4bowserjr::4drmario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4littlemac:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4rob::4ness:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4mii::substitute:

Three DLC Characters:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4duckhunt::4rob::4ness:
:4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4mii::substitute:

All Current DLC Characters:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4duckhunt::4rob::4ness::4falcon:
:4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4mii::substitute:
I'm done, Sonic boom has Justin beaver in today's episode.....
lmao

And I thought that nobody would ever use this joke.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know how much better the CSS would look if it were arranged like this:
No DLC:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::rosalina::4bowserjr::4drmario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4darkpit::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4ness::4falcon::4villager::4olimar:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii::substitute:

One DLC Character:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4mii::substitute:

Two DLC Characters:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4mii::substitute:

Three DLC Characters:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4duckhunt::4rob::4ness:
:4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4mii::substitute:

All Current DLC Characters:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4duckhunt::4rob::4ness::4falcon:
:4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4mii::substitute:

And I thought that nobody would ever use this joke.
It gets better, they mock how scrawny he was, and sonic, knuckles, and tails think he is using music to brainwash skips and amy, so they form a fake boy band to investigate. It's also called beaver fever
I love this show.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Black Knight Mii>>>>>>No Black Knight
Though if Black Knight was really playable one day, world peace would be achieved
Almost brings me back to the days of early speculation. I'd still take Black Knight, Caeda, or just Roy over Robin and Lucina.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Almost brings me back to the days of early speculation. I'd still take Black Knight, Caeda, or just Roy over Robin and Lucina.
I prefer Robin and Lucina myself but I haven't played any other FE game besides trying Sacred Stones. The Pressure got too much.

I do remember that the Black Knight was on everyone's list after Ike came into the picture. I wonder if any more pre-Brawl favourites will be Mii costumes.

Chrono.

Robin was one of the characters I was initially really excited to try out but they ended up being... really... idk, but I do not find them fun at all. I'll take Marth's nerfed ass over them any day.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I prefer Robin and Lucina myself but I haven't played any other FE game besides trying Sacred Stones. The Pressure got too much.

I do remember that the Black Knight was on everyone's list after Ike came into the picture. I wonder if any more pre-Brawl favourites will be Mii costumes.
I highly recommend FE7, it's also on the shop, more challenging but overall better in almost everyone's opinion

Wasn't Hector pretty popular? If they make him a costume I'll grab Armads and go to NOJ

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'll trade Roy and Lucina for Tiki or Anna but that's just me.

Although I'll just have :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
My opinion on the FE characters
:4marth:Give him his old playstyle back and we're good
:4feroy:Why does the worst Lord get to be the best FE character in the game?
:4myfriends:Most fun to play as, should be OP like in PoR
:4robinf:Too slow to my liking but still pretty fun
:4lucina:Declone or cut
FE characters I want
Hector. Badass with a giant '**** off' axe, Ike feels like his moveset should be more fitting for Hector honestly
Black Knight. Badass, most wellknown and popular FE villain iirc, but would be pretty damn hard too balance
Anna. Anna is bae and can wield everything but axes. Perfect 20/5

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What's wrong with Robin? Granted, Black Knight and SHEEDA would be cool despite being pretty damn hard to implement
They added a lot to Smash and I appreciate that, but I don't like the character themselves. I find them to be a flawed concept that brought FE13 down in multiple ways (which worked in FE12 ironically IMO) and a boring character in and of themselves.

I do look forward to Kamui though since it seems they're going all out with the "choices" aspect. I think it'll expand but also be a downgrade on certain aspects used in FE12. IDK what to think just yet.

Chrono.

After seeing that Kamui can morph parts of their body to their dragon form, I would like seeing them in Smash 5 as it'd bring something new to the table that has less room for error.

Heck, anyone with that kind of mechanic would be cool to see.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
Did anyone here ever play that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for 3DS? is it worth buying? I skipped it because I heard lot's of negative things about it but I was considering buying it before the new game released.

Oh and I hope at the new Direct we get some more Pokemon news. Some new games would be nice... especially Diamond and Pearl remakes... yum

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Kamui can alter terrain and is part Dragon so there's more room for creativity unlike Chrom who was designed so you didn't need to be told he was Marth's descendant.

Chrono.

Did anyone here ever play that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for 3DS? is it worth buying? I skipped it because I heard lot's of negative things about it but I was considering buying it before the new game released.

Oh and I hope at the new Direct we get some more Pokemon news. Some new games would be nice... especially Diamond and Pearl remakes... yum
Gates to Infinity is very watered down in comparison to the previous games (shorter story, no post game, way less starters, less Pokemon you can recruit in general, etc etc), if you're gonna get it I recommend you get an used copy or rent.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Zygarde's new form/Mega is likely going to be revealed in 2 weeks at a pokemon event, otherwise CoroCoro will leak it.

No Diamond and Pearl remakes please, make 2 Platinums remakes instead because Platinum is ****ing amazing

D

Deleted member

My opinion on the FE characters
:4marth:Give him his old playstyle back and we're good
:4feroy:Why does the worst Lord get to be the best FE character in the game?
:4myfriends:Most fun to play as, should be OP like in PoR
:4robinf:Too slow to my liking but still pretty fun
:4lucina:Declone or cut
FE characters I want
Hector. Badass with a giant '**** off' axe, Ike feels like his moveset should be more fitting for Hector honestly
Black Knight. Badass, most wellknown and popular FE villain iirc, but would be pretty damn hard too balance
Anna. Anna is bae and can wield everything but axes. Perfect 20/5
Since you listed 3 good choices already(Axe user, BK and based waifu), I'm just gonna add on it with a Lance user: Aqua-as I said, lance user, we don't have any of those, and singer(basically dancer), a buff mechanic that can be extended to allies would be interesting to say the least
Though there's another lance user I would like to see in Smash
It's so obvious
nah, it isn't because no one played it
AdorableOTP.png

using this as an excuse to post some Ricky
After seeing that Kamui can morph parts of their body to their dragon form, I would like seeing them in Smash 5 as it'd bring something new to the table that has less room for error.

Heck, anyone with that kind of mechanic would be cool to see.
Tiki.png
She has been around for more time than Kamui and she is also a recurring character so I believe she would be getting due to her own merits other than being the most recent main character

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
Gates to Infinity is very watered down in comparison to the previous games (shorter story, no post game, way less starters, less Pokemon you can recruit in general, etc etc), if you're gonna get it I recommend you get an used copy or rent.
yeah pretty much what I heard, shame I really enjoyed the "explorers of" games you know?

Zygarde's new form/Mega is likely going to be revealed in 2 weeks at a pokemon event, otherwise CoroCoro will leak it.

No Diamond and Pearl remakes please, make 2 Platinums remakes instead because Platinum is ****ing amazing
ORAS pretty much had the content that Emerald had so I imagine Gen 4 remakes would be the same.

Zygarde is my favourite out of the 3 main legendary pokemon of Gen 6, that said Gen 6 wasn't that fun for me. I just hope that the next generation can reignite my love for the series!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Since you listed 3 good choices already(Axe user, BK and based waifu), I'm just gonna add on it with a Lance user: Aqua-as I said, lance user, we don't have any of those, and singer(basically dancer), a buff mechanic that can be extended to allies would be interesting to say the least
Though there's another lance user I would like to see in Smash
It's so obvious
nah, it isn't because no one played it
View attachment 68520
using this as an excuse to post some Ricky

Tiki.png
She has been around for more time than Kamui and she is also a recurring character so I believe she would be getting due to her own merits other than being the most recent main character
Problem with Tiki is that she's either human or dragon, nothing in between. Corrin has this but let's be honest, Corrin's pretty much got no chance, not to mention the 'muh hummerfabrik carroter' with Corrin. People whine about unfortunate interpretations yet the rapist in FE3/12 is just fine

D

Deleted member

Problem with Tiki is that she's either human or dragon, nothing in between. Corrin has this but let's be honest, Corrin's pretty much got no chance, not to mention the 'muh hummerfabrik carroter' with Corrin. People whine about unfortunate interpretations yet the rapist in FE3/12 is just fine
Creepy stalkers? WAIFU MATERIAL
Clear **** implications by Valter? BEST VILLAIN
Nowi? SHIP HER WITH GREGOR
Character interpretation based on loose translations of a Japanese game with multiple translations? HOMOPHOBIC

Chrono.

Tiki.png
Thing is Kamui does have more than just being the most recent main character (which isn't even a good argument, by the time a Smash 5 happens, there's bound to be at least 1 or 2 more FE games).

He can use swords as well alter terrain (like @ Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 pointed out), this and his dragon-morphing gives him lots of moveset potential.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've only ever played one Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. I believe it was the one for DS with a guild leader Wigglytuff and a Grovyle spy or something....

I haven't really played all that many Pokemon spin-off's besides Pokemon Snap, XD Gale of Darkness and Mystery Dungeon....

Neither really for the Mario series besides Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Mario Strikers and Mario Kart of course now that I think about it.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom