• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He can use swords
10/10 best reasoning for an FE character
Creepy stalkers? WAIFU MATERIAL
Clear **** implications by Valter? BEST VILLAIN
Nowi? SHIP HER WITH GREGOR
Character interpretation based on loose translations of a Japanese game with multiple translations? HOMOPHOBIC
Clear what with Valter? Also, Black Knight's more popular

Chrono.

ORAS pretty much had the content that Emerald had so I imagine Gen 4 remakes would be the same.

Zygarde is my favourite out of the 3 main legendary pokemon of Gen 6, that said Gen 6 wasn't that fun for me. I just hope that the next generation can reignite my love for the series!
Actually ORAS had almost next to nothing from Emerald, in fact most of the elements for Emerald were just alluded to (this is one of the reasons ORAS didn't go well for a lot of people)

Sorry if I'm kinda nitpicking at this point.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
I've only ever played one Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. I believe it was the one for DS with a guild leader Wigglytuff and a Sceptile spy or something....

I haven't really played all that many Pokemon spin-off's besides Pokemon Snap, XD Gale of Darkness and Mystery Dungeon....

Neither really for the Mario series besides Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Mario Strikers and Mario Kart of course now that I think about it.....
When I was younger I played any Pokemon game I could get my hands on. Recently I just stopped buying many games in general. The Mystery Dungeon games and Ranger games are actually fun, I would recommend them.

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice
Actually ORAS had almost next to nothing from Emerald, in fact most of the elements for Emerald were just alluded to (this is one of the reasons ORAS didn't go well for a lot of people)

I still wonder what the deal is with that. If they're planning a Delta Emerald or what.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
When I was younger I played any Pokemon game I could get my hands on. Recently I just stopped buying many games in general. The Mystery Dungeon games and Ranger games are actually fun, I would recommend them.
I've been with Pokemon Snap for most of my time, I didn't really get to own another Pokemon game until HeartGold/SoulSilver.... ^^; (XD Gale of Darkness was more or less borrowed from an old friend of mine)

Last edited:

Chrono.

I still wonder what the deal is with that. If they're planning a Delta Emerald or what.
There's a lot of... odd things going on with Gen VI in general.

XY had that creepy girl and messages + the Mysterious Souvenir (who the guy who gives it to you goes on to note that it's not from any previous region).

ORAS has all the Emerald hints (Battle Frontier being the most obvious)

Last edited:

Frisk.

Child of Mercy

What exactly were the differences between Ruby / Sapphire and Emerald? I mean I own all 3 but I don't remember there being many huge differences. Apologies if I seem ignorant, Gen 3 are my least favourite entries so... lol. Still love the games but I just prefer the other games.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
GameFreak sure likes to include a lot of ghosts into the Pokemon games (And I don't mean Ghost Pokemon by that). There was that ghost girl in the Pokemon Black and White Games. Then there was the Hex Maniac in X & Y with no walking animation and there was also that ghost girl that appears for a split second during one of the Elite Four fights in OR/AS. (She apparently only appears when you face the Elite Four for the first time.)

Also apparently Diamond and Pearl also had some ghost people but haven't really played that game yet.....

Last edited:

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice
There's a lot of... odd things going on with Gen VI in general.

XY had that creepy girl and messages + the Mysterious Souvenir (who the guy who gives it to you goes on to note that it's not from any previous region).

ORAS has all the Emerald hints (Battle Frontier being the most obvious)
I guess the Delta Episode would make an Emerald remake redundant.
Would love a remake of Red/Blue with a Delta Episode style post-game story focusing on Mewtwo that allowed you to catch Mew through regular gameplay. That would be my favourite thing ever.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What exactly were the differences between Ruby / Sapphire and Emerald? I mean I own all 3 but I don't remember there being many huge differences. Apologies if I seem ignorant, Gen 3 are my least favourite entries so... lol. Still love the games but I just prefer the other games.
It was basically R/S with a few extra things in it.

GameFreak sure likes to include a lot of ghosts into the Pokemon games (And I don't mean Ghost Pokemon by that). There was that ghost girl in the Pokemon Black and White Games. Then there was the Hex Maniac in X & Y with no walking animation and there was also that ghost girl that appears for a split second during one of the Elite Four fights in OR/AS. (She apparently only appears when you face the Elite Four for the first time.)

Also apparently Diamond and Pearl also had some ghost people but haven't really played that game yet.....
There was also the ghost Marowak.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did anyone here ever play that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for 3DS? is it worth buying? I skipped it because I heard lot's of negative things about it but I was considering buying it before the new game released.

Oh and I hope at the new Direct we get some more Pokemon news. Some new games would be nice... especially Diamond and Pearl remakes... yum
I like the story in gti but as stated it's watered down. I'd also agree to rent it. I can't wait for Super MD. It loks promising.
EOS will probably still stay my favorite in the series though but we shall see.

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice

There was the Old Chateau, and a ghost in a cabin on the way to Snowpoint.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy

Yeah in Gen 4 there are the Old Chateau ghosts and the whole Darkrai business with the dying child. Nearly all the pokemon games have some sort of creepy area, pretty much become a staple lol.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The only big things Emerald had that R/S didn't was the Battle Frontier and rebattleable gym leaders. Oh, and an extra Safari Zone area popping up after becoming champion where you could catch Pokémon that were only catchable in Colosseum/XD at that point.

I guess the Delta Episode would make an Emerald remake redundant.
Would love a remake of Red/Blue with a Delta Episode style post-game story focusing on Mewtwo that allowed you to catch Mew through regular gameplay. That would be my favourite thing ever.
That would be great. I liked what they did with Deoxys: making it catchable during regular gameplay instead of event-only. Makes me wish we'll see that more often.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
I wasn't getting wrecked that bad! If I had no lag, I would be the one wrecking! Also, sorry for not turning voice chat, I was mostly on my Wii U and couldn't see SmashBoards.
If we were on 3DS, you'd stand no chance or if I had a GameCube adapter

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
B2W2 had the implications that Darkrai murdered a little girl in the Lunar Wing subquest.
'weh weh kids game'
Honestly, that alone cemented Darkrai as one of my favourite Legendaries, he's badass, cool looking, unique, was terrific in his movie and shows how things aren't what they seem all the time

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*darkrai mentioned in his villainous role*

That Darkrai didn't exist. It's a fake.

The real Darkrai wanted to save that one town from being erased from existence during Dialga and Palkia's scuffle and died(and came back) doing so.

<3

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
The only big things Emerald had that R/S didn't was the Battle Frontier and rebattleable gym leaders. Oh, and an extra Safari Zone area popping up after becoming champion where you could catch Pokémon that were only catchable in Colosseum/XD at that point.

That would be great. I liked what they did with Deoxys: making it catchable during regular gameplay instead of event-only. Makes me wish we'll see that more often.
Yeah I didn't remember there being many "huge" differences between Emerald and Ruby / Sapphire. I kinda stopped following ORAS but I thought they were including the Battle Frontier as DLC at some point? or at least it looked that way?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

The real Darkrai wanted to save that one town from being erased from existence during Dialga and Palkia's scuffle and died(and came back) doing so.

<3
And that's despite people still attacking him all the time.
Darkrai for Smash

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice

<3
Play B2W2. It's pretty obviously spelled out.
Nightmares as a defense mechanism, my arse.

Chrono.

Nah it's fine, I'm in the same boat I don't really like Gen 3 either.

But anyways the biggest differences were the story (mainly the Rayquaza stuff), Battle Frontier and Steven not being the Champion.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Yeah I didn't remember there being many "huge" differences between Emerald and Ruby / Sapphire. I kinda stopped following ORAS but I thought they were including the Battle Frontier as DLC at some point? or at least it looked that way?
No, that was a fake leak. Unfortunately.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
tfw you see a fanmade roster saying Rosalina should be cut because she's not a fighter, that Robin should be cut because people wanted Chrom and that Nester should be playable. Time for the brain bleach
If Rosalina should be cut then so should Peach, Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Duck Hunt Dog since they aren't fighters either. See how incredibly stupid that sentiment really is now?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Battle Frontier, Gym Roster updates, Mirage Tower, Battle Tents, Desert Underground, Artisan Cave, Safari Zone update, Trainer Tower, and a couple other features. ORAS was missing quite a bit from Emerald aside from the story update.

Hopefully DP wouldn't be remade with ORAS' mindset as a lot of features that Platinum had could be omitted despite how much it helped improve them.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

<3
Play B2W2. It's pretty obviously spelled out.
Nightmares as a defense mechanism, my arse.
Maybe, just maybe...There are multiple Darkrai. Hell, there was even a Darkrai in the anime owned by a trainer, being the 2nd time Darkrai appeared in the anime, unless one counts the movie

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
Nah it's fine, I'm in the same boat I don't really like Gen 3 either.

But anyways the biggest differences were the story (mainly the Rayquaza stuff), Battle Frontier and Steven not being the Champion.
Oh yeah.. Wallace was champion.

If we're mentioning creepy stuff in pokemon, we can't forget about the Hypno that tries to kidnap a child in Fire Red and Leaf Green. Giratina's lake in Diamond and Pearl is pretty unsettling too. Then there are just weird things like that sign in X and Y where they mention going to look for help.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Anyone know who Joe is, by the way? I had the pleasure of getting my *** handed to me in 1 v 1 after winning two free for alls and thinking to myself "sure, why not switch to Shulk, it's just 4 v 4 free for alls." Much better player then me regardless, lol.
Oh, that was me. I too thought I was getting into another 4 player free for all, so I was shuffling through some of my favorite characters. I just happened to pick one of my better fighters that round. Sorry about that... :lol:

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, just maybe...There are multiple Darkrai. Hell, there was even a Darkrai in the anime owned by a trainer, being the 2nd time Darkrai appeared in the anime, unless one counts the movie
There are probably multiples of every legendary aside from Mewtwo and Arceus. And if the whole 'alternate universe' thing that Zinnia alludes to is true (hence Mewtwo being found in Kalos), then there are probably multiples of them as well.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Its canon in all continuities that there are more then 1 legendary, so it is more then possible 1 Darkrai is a complete ****, while another is very nice

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Rosalina should be cut then so should Peach, Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Duck Hunt Dog since they aren't fighters either. See how incredibly stupid that sentiment really is now?
I'd post a link to that roster but I don't want the user to get attacked. Unless people say I should, I won't show it
Oh yeah.. Wallace was champion.

If we're mentioning creepy stuff in pokemon, we can't forget about the Hypno that tries to kidnap a child in Fire Red and Leaf Green. Giratina's lake in Diamond and Pearl is pretty unsettling too. Then there are just weird things like that sign in X and Y where they mention going to look for help.
The Pokedex is more than enough to show how ****ed up Pokemon is. Hell, Zygarde being the Order pokemon balancing life and death implies if there is too much life on the planet that Zygarde will kill for order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom