• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Depends on the beer, just like any booze.

I've had AWFUL sake. Convenience store sake is the worst. In my experience Japanese beer is far superior to most American beers, with the exception of mico-brewers.

What kind of beer did you have?
It was this brand called "water."

Tasted terrible. :troll:

But really I don't know the brand.

We went to a Japanese restaurant that we love and in our more recent ventures we came to be friends with the owner. Nice guy. When he heard it was my 21st birthday he offered me Sake. I accepted and drank the shot.

It...took some getting used to but I overall enjoyed it.

It was real traditional too. He twisted the jar and everything (I don't exactly know WHAT that means but I know it means something. @ PushDustIn PushDustIn do you know?)

Either way, after that, he basically forced beer on me and my mother due to us accepting the sake. And this was not a small glass of beer either. This was a big glass and he told us it was the strong stuff.

I tried it and found it....unpleasant.

But my mother whispered that it was expected of me to drink it as the Japanese have a big thing for drinking.

And she was right, in our conversation our friend explained that the Japanese employers use drinking nights and gambling nights to see just how "strong and happy" their employees are.

Interesting way of putting it.

Unfortunately, the beer was so bad that I could not finish it but had some "help" from the owner as he took some of my drink.

I feel like I insulted him though. My first time drinking and all and he expected me to go at it.

Sake with a beer chaser. Heavy stuff let me tell you.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It was this brand called "water."

Tasted terrible. :troll:

But really I don't know the brand.

We went to a Japanese restaurant that we love and in our more recent ventures we came to be friends with the owner. Nice guy. When he heard it was my 21st birthday he offered me Sake. I accepted and drank the shot.

It...took some getting used to but I overall enjoyed it.

It was real traditional too. He twisted the jar and everything (I don't exactly know WHAT that means but I know it means something. @ PushDustIn PushDustIn do you know?)

Either way, after that, he basically forced beer on me and my mother due to us accepting the sake. And this was not a small glass of beer either. This was a big glass and he told us it was the strong stuff.

I tried it and found it....unpleasant.

But my mother whispered that it was expected of me to drink it as the Japanese have a big thing for drinking.

And she was right, in our conversation our friend explained that the Japanese employers use drinking nights and gambling nights to see just how "strong and happy" their employees are.

Interesting way of putting it.

Unfortunately, the beer was so bad that I could not finish it but had some "help" from the owner as he took some of my drink.

I feel like I insulted him though. My first time drinking and all and he expected me to go at it.

Sake with a beer chaser. Heavy stuff let me tell you.
In my experience...most Japanese restaurants are not actually run by Japanese people. It's hard to find legitimate Japanese food in the states (that tastes like actual Japanese food and is made by Japanese people). Most of the stuff is expensive to import, and Japanese food tends to rely on fresh ingredients...but you said that he talked about Japanese employers, so I guess it was a legit place.

Eh, if it's your first time drinking it can't be helped. In restaurants they don't like to see an empty glass, if it's empty they will usually refill it (if its water). For ordered drinks you should finish it, but I've/ other people have left half finished drinks all the time. It's not that bad (it's a little). It's more insulting if you don't eat everything. If the guys' working in America, he should know American customs though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In my experience...most Japanese restaurants are not actually run by Japanese people. It's hard to find legitimate Japanese food in the states (that tastes like actual Japanese food and is made by Japanese people). Most of the stuff is expensive to import, and Japanese food tends to rely on fresh ingredients...but you said that he talked about Japanese employers, so I guess it was a legit place.

Eh, if it's your first time drinking it can't be helped. In restaurants they don't like to see an empty glass, if it's empty they will usually refill it (if its water). For ordered drinks you should finish it, but I've/ other people have left half finished drinks all the time. It's not that bad (it's a little). It's more insulting if you don't eat everything. If the guys' working in America, he should know American customs though.
PREEEEEEETY sure he and most of his staff are Japanese. Plus the food is expensive so it would make sense for it to be fresh.

And well, I'm glad he's probably accepting.

That beer though....

Still, what does the turning the jar thing mean?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PREEEEEEETY sure he and most of his staff are Japanese. Plus the food is expensive so it would make sense for it to be fresh.

And well, I'm glad he's probably accepting.

That beer though....

Still, what does the turning the jar thing mean?
Not sure about twisting the jar. That might have been just to ensure that nothing dripped off from the bottle (people do it with wine).

This site goes into how to pour sake and AFAIK is correct.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Hey, I come here always but I post almost nothing since we got no leaks to discuss (in this thread I think I posted... something around 10 times ?).But I was active in the leak thread I was there almost every day, and was nice see photos of some people who talked and hyped about this game with me.But I came too late, so I will not continue the photo sharing conversation.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just saw a person who fiercely argued that zoos were evil and that animals should be free.

She owns three dogs.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Join now!

password: smash
code: 65476799520709
Time:
11 AM - 12:30 PM EST (July Aug 15th)
4:00 PM - 5 PM GMT (July Aug 15th)
0:00 - 1:30 AM Japan Time (July Aug 16th)
It'll start in four hours and thirty minutes of this post. I'll post another reminder ~20 mins before it starts.

I just saw a person who fiercely argued that zoos were evil and that animals should be free.

She owns three dogs.
To be fair, she could be against how zoos treat the animals. Maybe she thinks she's a better caretaker? (For example) Plus dogs and lions are very different animals. I could see someone arguing that lions don't deserved to be caged up, while dogs and animals can coexist.

(I hung around a lot of animal activists)

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
It'll start in four hours and thirty minutes of this post. I'll post another reminder ~20 mins before it starts.

To be fair, she could be against how zoos treat the animals. Maybe she thinks she's a better caretaker? (For example) Plus dogs and lions are very different animals. I could see someone arguing that lions don't deserved to be caged up, while dogs and animals can coexist.

Can I join?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Can I join?
yes, anyone can join! That's why the password is public :p.

She owns three dogs.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

So people from miiverse can join? Oh lord. Some of them don't play honorable. Just keep that in mind. I'm sending a friend request cause I am typing on the Wii U and I can't input the code.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So people from miiverse can join? Oh lord. Some of them don't play honorable. Just keep that in mind. I'm sending a friend request cause I am typing on the Wii U and I can't input the code.
You still need a password to join.

I'm working on a follow up for what characters are popular in Japan. And I've run into quite a few hilarious (and disturbing) joke suggestions. Crazy Foot/ Master Foot has to be one of my favorite joke suggestions. I've got over 200 unique character suggestions with only 34 having somewhat 'substantial outcry'.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
You still need a password to join.

I'm working on a follow up for what characters are popular in Japan. And I've run into quite a few hilarious (and disturbing) joke suggestions. Crazy Foot/ Master Foot has to be one of my favorite joke suggestions. I've got over 200 unique character suggestions with only 34 having somewhat 'substantial outcry'.
So its "public"?

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I need you to accept my request. I am using the internet browser on the wii u so I can't switch from smash boards to tournament mode for the ID number. If you add me I can find the tournament easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom