• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That is a valid point. Not every game needs to be in Smash Bros.
However.
Shovel Knight absolutely does.
Reason?
Don't need one.
Sir Dan absolutely needs to be in Smash because I loved that game, what do you mean that was a Playstation game?

Joking aside, I wouldn't complain if Shovel Knight somehow got in... much. I'd rather Shantae, but I still don't want her.

Besides, we all know who's really at the top of the indie pile.
[collapse=]

[/collapse]

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sir Dan absolutely needs to be in Smash because I loved that game, what do you mean that was a Playstation game?
The joke was that most people I've seen say "I beat Shovel Knight" end with "I know support Shovel Knight" or something like that, like @GoldenYuiitusin.

Not only do you miss the joke, you also go out of your to explain why Shovel Knight is not a good choice?
This attitude is what keeps from hanging out in this thread tbh. :urg:

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The joke was that most people I've seen say "I beat Shovel Knight" end with "I know support Shovel Knight" or something like that.
Like @GoldenYuiitusin.

Not only do you miss the joke, you also go out of your to explain why Shovel Knight is not a good choice?
This attitude is what keeps from hanging out in this thread tbh.
Chill out, dude. Quit taking unneccesary jabs at people, yeah? :)

By the way, you don't seem to get that not everyone supports your character. If someone doesn't want them and you say they should be in, I'm sure they'll disagree, so what's the point in getting upset, hm?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can you use multiple amiibos in one Mario Maker level?
Some levels with Zero Suit Samus, where she needs to find her suit (eat Samus mushroom) or something like that would be cool.

Or viceversa, a level where she needs to lose her suit, so she can be high tier!

You look small for a 29 years old.
I believe multiple amiibo in one level is possible, but don't quote me on it.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Joking aside, I wouldn't complain if Shovel Knight somehow got in... much. I'd rather Shantae, but I still don't want her.

Besides, we all know who's really at the top of the indie pile.
[collapse=]

[/collapse]
I would take Commander Video so Anamanguchi songs could get in the game
:happysheep:Such great Music.

D

Deleted member

That is a valid point. Not every game needs to be in Smash Bros.
However.
Shovel Knight absolutely does.
Reason?
Don't need one.
:snake: - A gaming icon from a series that revolutionized the stealth genre.
:4sonic: - A gaming icon and the mascot of one of Nintendo's former competitors.
:4megaman: - A gaming icon that's heavily associated with Nintendo.
:4pacman: - A gaming icon and the mascot of the co-developer of Smash 4.
:4ryu: - A gaming icon from a series that revolutionized the fighting genre.
Shovel Knight - A relatively popular indie character from a game that pays homage to NES classics. His game hasn't even been released in Japan yet.

I wouldn't mind Shovel Knight's inclusion, but he wouldn't be the most ideal third party addition.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Well it's not like I'm disruptive or anything, I don't see why I should get banned. Plus my birthday is in 3 months :)

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I am pretty sure Kenith wasn't at least entirely serious with that post. The GIF was a giveaway I thought.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This attitude is what keeps from hanging out in this thread tbh. :urg:
Joking aside, I wouldn't complain if Shovel Knight somehow got in.
...What?

I say that I wouldn't mind him and that somehow translates as explaining why he's not a good choice.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Chill out, dude. Quit taking unneccesary jabs at people, yeah? :)
Three things.
1. You spelled 'unnecessary' wrong.

2. I understand that Shovel Knight is a very questionable character for Smash Bros. I get that. That was the crux of my joke. Defending him like he's a King K. Rool-tier addition is supposed to be funny because of how ridiculous it is.
It really upsets me that this thread has so little faith in my opinions that they assume I'm serious.

3. I pointed out you were taking "jabs" at people once, a month ago, and you have taken every opportunity to use it against me since that time. I don't understand why you have something against me for that, but I don't want to deal with it, so for the time being I'm putting you on Ignore.

I don't want to get into any other ridiculous arguments, so I'm debating on whether to continue using this thread anymore, because that's all that ever happens here now. The people who understand and like me don't seem to frequent anymore.

So until things change I'm not setting foot here again.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Three things.

2. I understand that Shovel Knight is a very questionable character for Smash Bros. I get that. That was the crux of my joke. Defending him like he's a King K. Rool-tier addition is supposed to be funny because of how ridiculous it is.
It really upsets me that this thread has so little faith in my opinions that they assume I'm serious.

3. I pointed out you were taking "jabs" at people once, a month ago, and you have taken every opportunity to use it against me since that time. I don't understand why you have something against me for that, but I don't want to deal with it, so for the time being I'm putting you on Ignore.

I don't want to get into any other ridiculous arguments, so I'm debating on whether to continue using this thread anymore, because that's all that ever happens here now. The people who understand and like me don't seem to frequent anymore.

1. Oh, man, you're right. This decimates my entire post!

2. Literally no one assumed you were serious. We all understood you were joking.

3. I've "used it" like 2 times? Not like you even bothered to PM me back about how I was taking jabs. I have it "against you" because I don't like being told I'm rude and take jabs and getting literally 0 reason as to why. Also, you've put multiple people on ignore, so alright then.

??? How was this even sort of an argument? The guy joked right back to you. I don't understand this.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
To tell you the truth, the only reason why I kind of want Shantae (even though she is unlikely) to be in Smash is because it would destroy everyones expectations. That's the reason I like Smash so much, it's the unpredictability of the characters chosen. If she was added into the game, it would have to make us recant our stances on certain things. The same thing Ryu kind of did, but this time a little more extreme.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You guys are all young. Stop it. I'll be 27 in about a month.

I'm not sure if I'll show my mug here, it's something I'm debating in general (to add my name to SG posts).

Speaking of which...the one year anniversary of Source Gaming is coming up! It's Tuesday.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I'm not sure if I'll show my mug here, it's something I'm debating in general (to add my name to SG posts).

Speaking of which...the one year anniversary of Source Gaming is coming up! It's Tuesday.
..It's been a year? It feels like it's been a month..

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman

Got you beat. I'll be 30 in a few months.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Three things.

You really don't need to leave. It isn't something to get upset all over and I understand you're upset but but don't sweat the small stuff

And @ Luigi The President Luigi The President don't take things so literal. It was just all at fun, let him support his character. We went through this with GenoBoost and you guys are doing the same thing again, it ain't that critical and you shouldn't give a person crap for who he/she supports and make an flamewar over.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
To tell you the truth, the only reason why I kind of want Shantae to be in Smash is because it would destroy everyones expectations. That's the reason I like Smash so much, it's the unpredictability of the characters chosen. If she was added into the game, it would have to make us recant our stances on certain things. The same thing Ryu kind of did, but this time a little more extreme.
I'm kind of in the same boat, but I do legitimately want Shantae in Smash, despite the fact that the chances of it happening are very low.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Just realized that there are 14 pages left until we're very lucky.

Although the only characters I want are Lloyd and K. Rool(although both ended up as costumes) I'll take whatever DLC characters that are announced. Except for Krystal.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You really don't need to leave. It isn't something to get upset all over and I understand you're upset but but don't sweat the small stuff

And @ Luigi The President Luigi The President don't take things so literal. It was just all at fun, let him support his character. We went through this with GenoBoost and you guys are doing the same thing again, it ain't that critical and you shouldn't give a person crap for who he/she supports and make an flamewar over.
Oh, yes, because I got upset over a character joke?

I said literally one thing on my thoughts about Shovel Knight, even. Also, me and Geno just had a debate, not a flame war.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069

So I won't get banned? :urg:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

We all know your really a Lum-Wah :gova:
And with that I must Rest.:4jigglypuff:
We should have a special smash tourney for Source Gaming's one year anniversary. I would say Mario Party but you Know :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom