• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not even going to ask about the current topic.

I just popped in because I just beat Shovel Knight. Probably the best indie game I've ever played, or at least tied with Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. It was incredibly well crafted and I could feel the pure effort of devs who made the game they wanted.

I still don't want him anywhere near Smash.

[collapse=]

I don't take good pictures, but I can make them.
[/collapse]
Oh, and happy birthday Swamp.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It seems like (with the amiibos) Nintendo is finally beginning to do IP-crossovers beyond Smash Bros., what with the Yoshi's Wooly World costumes to the 8-bit characters for Super Mario Maker. I really hope that they do try to do more crossovers, it'd be pretty awesome to play as... Falco in a Mario Kart-type game or something

D

Deleted member

It seems like (with the amiibos) Nintendo is finally beginning to do IP-crossovers beyond Smash Bros., what with the Yoshi's Wooly World costumes to the 8-bit characters for Super Mario Maker. I really hope that they do try to do more crossovers, it'd be pretty awesome to play as... Falco in a Mario Kart-type game or something
I'm hyped about being able to play as Sonic and Mega Man in a Mario game.
Though I want to see something like a crossover RPG, probably in Pokemon style.
Imagine catching Nintendo characters and making them evolve into slight variations of themselves
Dr. Mario would actually make sense now :troll:

Chrono.

@Zoroarking I can't post the pics rn, but Zelda's goes a lot further than Dark Pit's, not enough to actually hit the opponent on the other side of Palutena's Temple but close enough. Sheik has the same range as Zelda.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I saw this.
Feel so bad for the guy. Thinks he's bad luck because both games he's worked on got cancelled.
Because Konami's game was the final straw for him, I can safely say.
**** Konami.

I would post a picture of me, but I can't find a photo of me on any of the computers or cameras in the house lmao XD :p
Yeah, same here.
Of course, I am not ever actually sharing my identity.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So we back to Konami hate again? Neat.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Congrats!

I think I know what went wrong with same-sex marriage in Fates. IS has shown multiple times with Fates that they listened to people who bought Awakening, they made Nohr more like the classic games, made enemies able to Pair Up, added flashy crits again, but there was a certain thing they didn't fix, I don't remember people getting upset about no same sex S supports. I DO remember that lots of people weren't happy with how a certain character had no same-sex S support with someone...That character was Tharja, who would fall in love with Robin regardless of gender. My guess is that they decided to address this complaint as the Tharja expy in Fates is the lesbian S support. Zero would have possibly been added for the sake of equality, but this is all just speculation. They weren't under the impression that people wanted same-sex marriage, but that we wanted it for a specific character. As stated at the beginning of this, IS does care about fan responses, and as this is the biggest complaint Fates has gotten, I'm certain they'll change it in FE15
Huh, you seem oddly calm now. Make sure you don't leave the thread if someone disagrees with this.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Who's ready to make it rain in Splatoon Tonight?!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

When's release date? ;_;

Awww ****:

Dis gon b gud :troll: @Space Stranger
If only he wasn't banned. ;-; I hope he comes back

I never thought I'd see the day that I would say that EA of all companies is better than Konami. E ****ing A.
Konami is gonna need to go to the burn unit for that one ooooohhhhh

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The moment EA appeared to be the better company to me than Konami was when we heard about the employee abuse.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If only he wasn't banned. ;-; I hope he comes back

I never thought I'd see the day that I would say that EA of all companies is better than Konami. E ****ing A.
Lmao rest in peace Space Stranger.

But for real tho, that's what happens when you ****post a ton lol.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
EA's problem is that they're lead by Corporate Commander.
Konami's problem is that they're being lead by Big Brother.

Autocorrect on my Phone also 'corrected' Konami to Obama for some reason.

Last edited:
I have decided, in order not to destroy anyone else’s life, I have decided I will never again get involved in video games.
Jeez thats so horrible. The amount of **** that would have to happen in an industry where **** like this hapoens to make someone feel this way. . . Yeesh

So here's Megaman and Pacman on Mario Maker.

Was kind of hoping it would just be tge classic pizza. . . Oh well. I dont own a pac man amiibo

Also all these pictures are just confirming i am in fact the ugliest person in this thread :p

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So Sonic will probably get a new sprite after all. Looking forward to it.

They said DLC amiibos aren't usable, right?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom