• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Someone really needs to put Sakurai's face on Vince and K. Rool's on Bret.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Stop being immature. He's not obligated to do anything for anyone, and the fact that he goes out of his way to include things in recognition of the fans shows he's trying to.
I was telling a joke.

I know he's not. It was a joke. Dang. People need to chill

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Do you think the ballot will be used only for Mii costumes?

:D
Oh come on, Blue. There's gotta be someone high on the ballots Sakurai will listen to.

Bandana Dee for one example, if I'm not mistaken is one of his own brilliant creations. If he gets enough support, he might get in.

(Remember, this is coming from a guy who doesn't know Kirby very well)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Do you think the ballot will be used only for Mii costumes?
I'm pretty sure they'd have advertised it like that from the beginning if it were the case.

They flat out said we're picking a "new fighter".

You know what would be better than just saying we got a leak? Actually linking the leak!
It's been posted dozens upon dozens of times over the past few pages.

Maybe it would've been better for you to, I dunno, check the topic instead of complaining that people aren't doing a simple task for you?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Some of you take the Mii costume thing way too seriously, considering....

Pic of the day. "Hello! I'm Samus, the intergalactic bounty hunter!" "And I am Meta Knight, joining the battle!!"

Pic of the day. "Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not.

Also, the fact that Roy from Fire Emblem beats up the Koopaling Roy in his trailer and pictures.

I'd like to point out that the K.Rool costume is not the Paon one and the Rare one with the bigger crown and gold belly, so I'm pretty convinced that it means they know which K. Rool people want and which version of K. Rool we might be getting if he does become playable.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
As Sakurai sits in his office of Kyoto this afternoon once he revealed the costume. He sees the riots outside and knows he has made a mistake.

He calls a meeting for the entire DLC team. He tells them to cancel work on Light Green Pit. The staff is shocked. Sakurai was too enthusiastic about the idea when it was conceived. What could possibly have changed his mind?

"We need money." says the man behind the game series. "It's time I press the button".

3 employees faint. Others scream. One screams, "We can't fit that on the disc!"

Sakurai pulls the fire alarm. But it was not a fire alarm.

A secret door opens, replacing Sakurai's sticky shrine to Palutena. The room is barren, save for a single covered red button.

Sakurai walks over to the button. He hovers his hand over it as he reads the Japanese character. Blood rushes to his forehead.

"Ridley" is carved on the button.

He presses the button.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh come on, Blue. There's gotta be someone high on the ballots Sakurai will listen to.

Bandana Dee for one example, if I'm not mistaken is one of his own brilliant creations. If he gets enough support, he might get in.

(Remember, this is coming from a guy who doesn't know Kirby very well)
You are mistaken.
Bandana Waddle Dee was made long after Sakurai stopped working on Kirby.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Alph was actually going to be a clone character.

Full details here.
We would have got an Alph Amiibo :( @ Lucimar Lucimar
I wonder what the reception would have been if Alph had been Playable separately.
I won't lie. If as you see there how the Masked Man has reversed Alph's Render (which actually confused me thinking it was the actual way Olimar faces)
I would not mind if they took that idea and went the DLC route with him.
Maybe make him slightly cheaper seeing how he would be a clone character and keep that reversed render as his pose. I mean it wouldn't be too much different from Lucas and Ness.
Give him a Rock, White and Purple Pikmin to make them different in pose wise. Whilst giving those 3 pikmin a chance to shine in Amiibo form.
Remove Alph as an Alt and give Olimar his two other brawl alts back and add two more. And give Alph 4 new alts.
This is personally what I would want to see and I would buy both him and his Amiibo if it happened.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Pic of the day. "Hello! I'm Samus, the intergalactic bounty hunter!" "And I am Meta Knight, joining the battle!!"

Pic of the day. "Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not.

Also, the fact that Roy from Fire Emblem beats up the Koopaling Roy in his trailer and pictures.

I'd like to point out that the K.Rool costume is not the Paon one and the Rare one with the bigger crown and gold belly, so I'm pretty convinced that it means they know which K. Rool people want and which version of K. Rool we might be getting if he does become playable.
It's not really comparable.

At this point, all characters who aren't already playable that got costume DLC have remained that way. Link is the only playable character who had a costume as DLC. Furthermore, none of the characters released as DLC have gotten Mii costumes.

We don't know how it effects their chances.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Another great article as always. I won't lie, i'm waiting for the Wario article...my patience is growing thin though :sadeyes: Soon plz?
I'm really sorry! I was going to work on it tonight but I got caught up in all the update hype. Im trying to finish it by Friday, if not then definitely by the end of the weekend. I've done all the research,...just need to translate two more parts of different interviews. I hope it'll be worth the wait :3.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
As Sakurai sits in his office of Kyoto this afternoon once he revealed the costume. He sees the riots outside and knows he has made a mistake.

He calls a meeting for the entire DLC team. He tells them to cancel work on Light Green Pit. The staff is shocked. Sakurai was too enthusiastic about the idea when it was conceived. What could possibly have changed his mind?

"We need money." says the man behind the game series. "It's time I press the button".

3 employees faint. Others scream. One screams, "We can't fit that on the disc!"He did not just say it.

Sakurai pulls the fire alarm. But it was not a fire alarm.

A secret door opens, replacing Sakurai's sticky shrine to Palutena. The room is barren, dave for a single covered red button.

Sakurai walks over to the button. He hovers his hand over it as he reads the Japanese character. Blood rushes to his forehead.

"Ridley" is carved on the button.

He presses the button.
RIDLEY! becomes a costume for every character...and i mean a mii figher style costume

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I'll be honest. I haven't felt this disappointed in a while. Like I've already accepted he probably won't be a character now...but I haven't felt this way since idk when haha. Like I've been disappointed before but man. This is a new level. Just venting to you guys. :/ needed to get that off my chest.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm really sorry! I was going to work on it tonight but I got caught up in all the update hype. Im trying to finish it by Friday, if not then definitely by the end of the weekend. I've done all the research,...just need to translate two more parts of different interviews. I hope it'll be worth the wait :3.
@ egaddmario egaddmario
Trust me, Dust loves Wario. The article will be worth the wait. :)

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I've seen no mention of a balance patch along with the update on Friday, yet some people on Twitter (most notably ZeRo) are already assuming the worst for their characters (as if Shiek doesn't need to be nerfed.... but I digress). Anyway, what's the general consensus, are we getting a balance patch with the update? I'm sure we'll get one soon, but hopefully they wait a few weeks so we can at least upload our replays to YouTube before they're unplayable.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I've seen no mention of a balance patch along with the update on Friday, yet some people on Twitter (most notably ZeRo) are already assuming the worst for their characters (as if Shiek doesn't need to be nerfed.... but I digress). Anyway, what's the general consensus, are we getting a balance patch with the update? I'm sure we'll get one soon, but hopefully they wait a few weeks so we can at least upload our replays to YouTube before they're unplayable.
depends on if new characters a pulled out of nowhere

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Don't rush it dude Take the time you need to make it excellent (As your site/ Team always does)
After all you just got a:

Good things come to those who wait as they Say :)

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace

You beat me to the punch, honestly the presence of a mii costume for K. Rook can only be positive in my book.

Either we are only getting a costume but Nintendo is acknowledging that we like the character and want to see him in the future,
Or we are getting a costume to hold us over until they can finish making K. Rool.

Definitely buy the costume if you want K. Rool, so Nintendo knows we care about him!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You beat me to the punch, honestly the presence of a mii costume for K. Rook can only be positive in my book.

Either we are only getting a costume but Nintendo is acknowledging that we like the character and want to see him in the future,
Or we are getting a costume to hold us over until they can finish making K. Rool.

Definitely buy the costume if you want K. Rool, so Nintendo knows we care about him!
If they released the K. Rool costume to tide over fans while they made the actual fighter, why would costume sales matter? The character is already on the way according to this theory.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Haha, it's okay Push! I'm just really curious as to why Sakurai conceived Wario the way he did instead of using more Wario Land elements. Take your time! You're not getting paid for it, after all.

@ egaddmario egaddmario
Trust me, Dust loves Wario. The article will be worth the wait. :)
I don't doubt that @ DMurr DMurr ! I've seen his avatar with the nose and mustache. Plus his reddit flair has Wario.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I know some people are saying the K.Rool costume doesnt mea he won't be dlc, but out of all the character based costumes how many have been of future (relative to release) DLC characters? They were all, iirc, of characters already in the game or of character that probably wont be in the game.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's unlikely imo. At least until a precident is made and we get a DLC character that already has a mii costume, in-game or DLC.

EDIT:
Is it still being :4greninja:'d if I didn't read a post from 10 minutes ago?
In any case, Curse you, @ Burb Burb !
[shakes fist angrily]

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Subscribed!

Haha, it's okay Push! I'm just really curious as to why Sakurai conceived Wario the way he did instead of using more Wario Land elements. Take your time! You're not getting paid for it, after all.

I don't doubt that @ DMurr DMurr ! I've seen his avatar with the nose and mustache. Plus his reddit flair has Wario.
Yup. Wario is my most played character in Brawl and Smash for. The day I got Brawl, Wario was the first character I played as. It was love at first sight.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Subscribed!

Yup. Wario is my most played character in Brawl and Smash for. The day I got Brawl, Wario was the first character I played as. It was love at first sight.
That's so
WAH-nderful

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
IMO it's the end of k rool which is okay think about our voice was loud enough to get him in as a mii costume. True it's not what we want but its way better than where we were before.When smash 5 comes around will be in a better spotspot and his changes of getting in will be higherm

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Why isn't my windows 10 update showing up?! I reserved it the day I was able to!

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Alph was actually going to be a clone character.

Full details here.
*sigh* So close, yet so far... Ah, well. At least it's good to see a confirmation that he was at least planned to be his own character. Thanks for the article. Good Read. I hope Sakurai (or whoevers directing the next game) goes through with his plans next game.

We would have got an Alph Amiibo :( @ Lucimar Lucimar
I wonder what the reception would have been if Alph had been Playable separately.
This is probably the worst thing about him being subject to an alt tbh.

I would imagine he would of gotten better reception than Dark Pit but not by much. Probably would still get hate because he's a clone.

I won't lie. If as you see there how the Masked Man has reversed Alph's Render (which actually confused me thinking it was the actual way Olimar faces)
I would not mind if they took that idea and went the DLC route with him.
Maybe make him slightly cheaper seeing how he would be a clone character and keep that reversed render as his pose. I mean it wouldn't be too much different from Lucas and Ness.
Give him a Rock, White and Purple Pikmin to make them different in pose wise. Whilst giving those 3 pikmin a chance to shine in Amiibo form.
Remove Alph as an Alt and give Olimar his two other brawl alts back and add two more. And give Alph 4 new alts.
This is personally what I would want to see and I would buy both him and his Amiibo if it happened.
This would be the best case scenario but sadly extremely unlikely to happen. IF it did happen though I wouldn't honestly mind paying for Alph the same amount as a regular character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom