• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You know, I DID support King K Rool while it lasted, but at least a Mii fighter costume is better than nothing at all.

And it could've been worse. For all we know, Sakurai could've made him a DLC assist trophy

Inb4 kaptain k rool gunner mii kostume

On break i have 5 min. So i was right that is definitely the rare design which is still weird when the trophy is paon. With rare being the more popular one in the kutthroat kommunity im at least happy for that.

Dixie kong DLC when?

I want chrom but i also dont want to spend money on miis. . . Decisions decisions

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm wonderign if I should make a collection of all thoe K. Rool is ded posts so that if/when he is revealed we can all have a good laugh at our past selves for thinking we could predict Sakurai.

Still, it's a good sign, he was both acknowledged and he is using his klassic design.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
To be honest I never saw K Rool as likely unless Nintendo were to actually listen to the ballot.

But this is disrespectful. Damn.

It's so ridiculous it's kinda funny.

I'm gonna stand by that he needs to be a villain again for him to become a character. Really sorry for those dedicated fans.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The difference between K Rool and the Inklings is that the Inklings were meant to be released alongside Splatoon to gauge interest.

The depressing thing about the K Rool costume is it seems like "Look, we hear your cries, but we need a character we know can sell DLC. So here's a costume for your troubles"

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Inb4 kaptain k rool gunner mii kostume

On break i have 5 min. So i was right that is definitely the rare design which is still weird when the trophy is paon. With rare being the more popular one in the kutthroat kommunity im at least happy for that.

Dixie kong DLC when?

I want chrom but i also dont want to spend money on miis. . . Decisions decisions
Dixie dlc = never lel

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Honest question:

How is the K. Rool costume disrespectful?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The difference between K Rool and the Inklings is that the Inklings were meant to be released alongside Splatoon to gauge interest.

The depressing thing about the K Rool costume is it seems like "Look, we hear your cries, but we need a character we know can sell DLC. So here's a costume for your troubles"
Yeah, but the Inklings also had that trophy released as DLC, which I think is an even bigger issue than a Mii costume.

If they were even being considered, common sense should tell you that they wouldn't ship out a trophy of them as DLC.

Honest question:

How is the K. Rool costume disrespectful?
The same way everything Chrom, the Ridley boss battle, and the Waluigi POTD were disrespectful.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don't really buy mii fighter costumes, don't see the point of cosmetics if I can't show it off.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I think they know any first party Nintendo character would sell as DLC. The only one that probably won't is maybe the other 2 clones left and some small franchise no one has heard of.

K. Rool not selling is a bad excuse.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
"He has no heart, he has no soul. Mr. Sakurai just ignored the poll."

I love r/smashbros sometimes

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I've learned form my "Sakurai is faking us out! He's trolling!" days.

Sakurai is not faking us out.

He is not a troll.

He's just a ****.

A **** with power.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yeah, I don't think it's sales so much as it is K. Rool just being rejected.

Likely because of his irrelevancy or Sakurai just not seeing the potential in him (Keep in mind, that although he does have a load of moveset potential, it's entirely possible Sakurai could've looked at him and wrote him off as "Another powerhouse heavyweight").

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Guys, if K. Rool doesn't make it I'll be as bummed as the rest of you, but there's nothing disrespectful about making a costume. Sakurai isn't a jerk. Who knows, maybe the poll was to gauge the top 5 contenders, and pick one. We don't know.
The Smash Bros community judges a little too harshly. None of us have put in half the hours that this man has in making a game. Honestly, I'm just happy we're getting DLC.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I'm hoping that since both traces of a Dr. Mario stage AND a Rhythm Heaven character were found in the game's files, Chorus Kids may have more of a chance now... but who knows what will happen. I will always remain hopeful for them anyway. :upsidedown:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I've learned form my "Sakurai is faking us out! He's trolling!" days.

Sakurai is not faking us out.

He is not a troll.

He's just a ****.

A **** with power.
Stop being immature. He's not obligated to do anything for anyone, and the fact that he goes out of his way to include things in recognition of the fans shows he's trying to.

D

Deleted member

I'm hearing about a Dr. Mario stage leak or something, link?
Also, K.Rool costume isn't disrespectful, would you prefer the rest of the DLC lifetime be a question of "When's K.Rool getting in?" only for him to not be added? This is the best way to show they acknowledge the character's popularity and not raise any hopes to fans.
Btw, buying that Chrom costume so I can make a Chrob Mii

Burb

The Absolute Worst
K. Rool conflicted with his personal bias.
I think we should wait until Dixie gets disconfirmed before throwing out more "bias" accusations.

It's entirely possible she could still make it. I've said all along that I feel she was more likely to be picked if it was up to Sakurai or Nintendo.

Man. I just can't seem to get caught up with everything that's going on today.
The next update for Smash 4 was announced on Twitter, featuring Tournament Mode, Peach's Castle 64, and Hyrule Castle 64. Mii Costumes Wave 3 was also announced, featuring Chrom, King K. Rool, SSB Logo Hoodies, and costumes to be announced tomorrow. The update itself launches on Friday.

We also had another screenshot leak of a Dr. Mario stage, which we've thus far been unable to definitively prove or disprove.

That's about it.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Stop being immature. He's not obligated to do anything for anyone, and the fact that he goes out of his way to include things in recognition of the fans shows he's trying to.
Sakurai isn't providing a free service though. He's supposed to be catering to the interest of the people who are spending their money.

If anything, you could say he's not doing his job properly.

I think we should wait until Dixie gets disconfirmed before throwing out more "bias" accusations.

It's entirely possible she could still make it. I've said all along that I feel she was more likely to be picked if it was up to Sakurai or Nintendo.
As much as I want her. I just don't see it now.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i just remembered something so ill predict it for tomorrow too
we willl see the K.K slider costume be confirmed for the 31st

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Sakurai isn't providing a free service though. He's supposed to be catering to the interest of the people who are spending their money.

If anything, you could say he's not doing his job properly.
I think he's doing a fine job. The ballot wasn't a true popularity contest, and people really shouldn't have banked on K. Rool to the extent they did.

If K. Rool was turned down, he's still throwing the fans a bone. Obviously it's not what people wanted, but nothing short of making him playable would be enough to make good.

Alph was actually going to be a clone character.

Full details here.
And in a less important detail, it also shows that Olimar, at one point, still had his Brawl jab.

Are there any more lists like that? They seem pretty interesting, you should consider posting additional ones if you have 'em.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what would be better than just saying we got a leak? Actually linking the leak!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom