• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Changed my Avatar. Respect Iwata but I'm kinda done mourning and wanna be happy for his sake. So Summer Mac

But I wanna issue you guys a challenge
http://m.sporcle.com/games/g/supersmashbros

She how fast you can name every Smash Bros character in all 4 games.

I did it in 4:02

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I wrote a post partly about translation theory, and partly why I got so upset yesterday. Mostly about translation theory actually. But, I think it will give you guys valuable insight in how translation happens and how subjective it can really be.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Morning Folks. How's everyone holding up.

The Fans of Nintendo are truly something to love.
We Nintendo fans are usually called loyal for a reason. Also, the local newspaper in my country has a 'Quote of the day' section. because of how short the space was, they couldn't fit everything, but it was about Iwata's business card talk. I really love that quote

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Changed my Avatar. Respect Iwata but I'm kinda done mourning and wanna be happy for his sake. So Summer Mac

But I wanna issue you guys a challenge
http://m.sporcle.com/games/g/supersmashbros

She how fast you can name every Smash Bros character in all 4 games.

I did it in 4:02
I did it in 3:19.

What does that say about me? I also did it in order by game, lol.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Chrono.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/1...ld-like-to-make-kill-la-kill-or-berserk-game/
4 suggestions, 2 were technically denied. Gatchaman, Karas, Beserk and Kill la Kill. Gatchaman and Karas both have Tatsunoko vs Capcom (And Karas was OP along with Zero) and Beserk has technically been done before as Dark Souls was inspired from it, not to mention it's still going after 20 years. KLK game plz
Gatchaman Crowds would be nice though.

KLK though... yeah I'd rather not see that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd be down for a Kill la Kill game. I liked the anime.

Platinum Games has a good track record, so I imagine they would do something nice with the series.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
And here's your Amazon/amiibo news......

Hah. Well, cool, I guess. I was hoping for BJ, Dr Mario and Olimar.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well, now the random amiibo Wave with just Palutena and Dark Pit makes more sense, at least in the US.....they're both exclusives and we'll never even see Palutena in stores.

Not that we'd see her in stores otherwise, since amiibo distribution sucks so bad here in the states. :laugh:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Speaking of amiibo, my boyfriend got Shulk, he's in stock in the UK again apparantly.

Also, Gearbox has a hashtag to ask something to one of the big names there. Everyone's asking about what went wrong with Alien CM and Duke Nukem, that Randy guy deserves it, he made Aliens CM the topic of Jimquisition!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/1...ld-like-to-make-kill-la-kill-or-berserk-game/
4 suggestions, 2 were technically denied. Gatchaman, Karas, Beserk and Kill la Kill. Gatchaman and Karas both have Tatsunoko vs Capcom (And Karas was OP along with Zero) and Beserk has technically been done before as Dark Souls was inspired from it, not to mention it's still going after 20 years. KLK game plz
Kill la Kill and Platnium Games is a match made in heaven.
And here's your Amazon/amiibo news......

I'm okay with this, I order most of my stuff on Amazon anyway.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
While not really relevant to the current discussion, its crazy that Toad hasn't been playable in a Mario Tennis game since the N64.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
While not really relevant to the current discussion, its crazy that Toad hasn't been playable in a Mario Tennis game since the N64.
Um, it's crazy that he's not playable in Smash Bros. yet at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Um, it's crazy that he's not playable in Smash Bros. yet at all.
Hw IS playable though, he's the first puppetteer character, being in before Rosalina, he debuted in Melee! Peach is just a costume, where else does 'she' pull Toad from? 'Her' 'lady parts'? It's a machine! Has no emotion or personality, Peach has always been a mech for Toads!

Hw IS playable though, he's the first puppetteer character, being in before Rosalina, he debuted in Melee! Peach is just a costume, where else does 'she' pull Toad from? 'Her' 'lady parts'? It's a machine! Has no emotion or personality, Peach has always been a mech for Toads!
it would explain how peach is able to pull turnips that fast >_>

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
So she's "Toadstool" after all.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Karas was nerfed in the Allstars version. He was still good but he wasnt op iirc. Zero.......yeah, he was busted. And they only made it worse in MVC3. At least TvC had burst.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Karas was nerfed in the Allstars version. He was still good but he wasnt op iirc. Zero.......yeah, he was busted. And they only made it worse in MVC3. At least TvC had burst.
I remember him being a pain in the right hands, I mained Tekkaman Blade and Zero and found an infinite with Zero if you use the Wiimote. 1,1,1, dash attack, rinse repeat, Mega Crash if your foe does the same. Karas' only weakness was having the lowest amount of HP in the game. And Roll was playable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom