• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I've read news that Miyamoto was considering retirement. I don't see him as a successor to Iwata.

Also, I read up a little on bile duct cancer. It's a very rare disease with low expectancy of survival. Surgically removing the tumor is the only solution and even so, not 100% viable.

As harsh as this may sound, the moment Iwata was diagnosed with this illness last year, he pretty much had his days numbered unless he was really lucky. It's sad, but we know cancer, especially the rarer (and consequently more unknown) ones, isn't something easily trifled with.
I don't know if anyone watches MaximillianDood, but they were talking about it on stream last night. They used to do an Iwata parody show, but stopped last year when he first got the tumor removed and they looked into it, and saw he only had a 40% survival rate. It's basically intestine cancer.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I find it heartwarming that all the gaming communites came together to celebrate Iwata as a person and all of his accomplishments. Seeing all these drawings and people being supportive is very cool to see. I just hope all the gaming communites come together more often even after celebrating Iwata.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think if any musical piece should fit Iwata, it's the one everyone's used for him in tribute videos, Smiles and Tears.
I agree, although I like this to:

Such a haunting but great track. One of my favorites, I feel it fits well with all of this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't know if anyone watches MaximillianDood, but they were talking about it on stream last night. They used to do an Iwata parody show, but stopped last year when he first got the tumor removed and they looked into it, and saw he only had a 40% survival rate. It's basically intestine cancer.
The fact we were so surprised by his death, even though he had been diagnosed by the very same illness that took his life one year ago, is that maybe there needs to be more awareness in this type of cancer.

Cancers vary a lot depending on where they first form.

What makes this particular form dangerous is how it drastically affects the digestion, explaining Iwata's recent weight loss. He basically died of sub-nutrition.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Phil Spencer tweeted about it, That basically covers Microsoft
That's true and I saw that, I meant the official Microsoft or XBOX accounts. Many people within Sony tweeted about it as did their official accounts.

All that aside, it truly is great to see the gaming community come together to honor an amazing man. Maybe there's hope for society yet.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Also can someone inform me how to put this in one of those boxes similar to spoilers?
Well since no one has answered you yet... you use [ quote ] and [ /quote ] (without spaces of course).
And it ends up looking like this.
Also pretty sure you can use [ quote="name" ] if you want to add who said it. Again use [ /quote ] to close it off.
Reggie said:
My body is ready.
:)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's true and I saw that, I meant the official Microsoft or XBOX accounts. Many people within Sony tweeted about it as did their official accounts.

All that aside, it truly is great to see the gaming community come together to honor an amazing man. Maybe there's hope for society yet.
@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 showed XboxUK mourning iirc

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
A Music Piece for Iwata:
Man I haven't heard this song in years......
Man does this take me back.
My Little Swampert......
My First Pokémon game was Emerald.
So many Memories. This was my experience through Iwata.
One of the first games I ever played and owned.
Oh and While I remember Tanks Tr1pleDee :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, so, does anyone in here care about this?
Or am I the only one who liked the original show and is hyped for its return?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Okay, so, does anyone in here care about this?
Or am I the only one who liked the original show and is hyped for its return?
Wasn't really a fan of the original, i saw this and don't know what i think of it

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Phil Spencer is head of the Xbox division and has said his piece on Iwata if that counts for anything.

Skype (owned by Microsoft) said theirs as well.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
To honor Iwata, I will be playing Earthbound with no restore points cause I used a ton in my first playthrough. I even named Ness Iwata!
Plus i'm not even 1/20th of Earthbound Beginnings but that game is too hard.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Phil Spencer is head of the Xbox division and has said his piece on Iwata if that counts for anything.

Skype (owned by Microsoft) said theirs as well.
Okay, okay...... you guys win. But still, I'd have loved to see the OFFICIAL (Twitter.com/XBOX and Twitter.com/Microsoft) accounts say something. Anything. Even a simple retweet. There's still time, but it really should not have taken this long.

That's the last I'll say on the subject, I think we're getting away from what's important anyhow.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think if any musical piece should fit Iwata, it's the one everyone's used for him in tribute videos, Smiles and Tears.
For some reason I felt it was appropriate to listen to this song this morning when I first learned of Iwata's passing. I wasn't aware that thousands of others felt the same way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

IGN actually posted a response from Rockstar, don't know where it was posted because it wasnt twitter

“Satoru Iwata’s belief in the power and reach of games transformed the medium. He was a true visionary who will be sorely missed by everyone who loves games. Our condolences to Iwata-San’s family and to everyone at Nintendo.” — Rockstar Games

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

What do you think the music for the Princess Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle will be?

I'm making a list of six, like Dream Land has.

Peach's Castle:
Peach's Castle - Super Smash Bros / Super Mario Bros
Ground Theme 2 - Super Smash Bros Brawl / Super Mario Bros
Inside the Castle Walls - Super Mario 64 (WHY ISN'T THIS IN YET?!?! IT'S BEEN IN EVERYTHING?!?!?)
Chainlink Charge - Super Mario 3D World
Mushroom Kingdom II (Super Mario Bros 2 Theme) - Super Smash Bros Melee / Super Mario Bros 2
Overworld - Super Mario Land

Hyrule Castle:
Hyrule Castle - Super Smash Bros / The Legend of Zelda
Saria's Song - Super Smash Bros Melee / The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Molgera Battle - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Clock Town - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Hyrule Caslte - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (This is another one where I don't know why it's not remixed.)
Linebeck's Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

I have a bunch of other songs I thought could go on either stage. If you want to hear what I thought, just ask. Thoughts on my list? Lists of your own?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...

What do you think the music for the Princess Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle will be?

Peach's Castle:
Inside the Castle Walls - Super Mario 64 (WHY ISN'T THIS IN YET?!?! IT'S BEEN IN EVERYTHING?!?!?)
Mushroom Kingdom II (Super Mario Bros 2 Theme) - Super Smash Bros Melee / Super Mario Bros 2

Hyrule Castle:
Hyrule Caslte - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (This is another one where I don't know why it's not remixed.)

I have a bunch of other songs I thought could go on either stage. If you want to hear what I thought, just ask. Thoughts on my list? Lists of your own?
Is the Super Mario Bros 3 Medley in the Wii U version at all? I don't think I have it if its unlockable, but if not then that might be one for Peach's Castle

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is the Super Mario Bros 3 Medley in the Wii U version at all? I don't think I have it if its unlockable, but if not then that might be one for Peach's Castle
It is.

It plays on Mushroom Kingdom U.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So...

Peach's Castle:

Hyrule Castle:

I feel like Termina field has a pretty good shot at making it.

Naoshi

So...

Peach's Castle:

Hyrule Castle:

Personally I hope Double Cherry Pass makes it. But Chainlink Charge is nice too!

I know this song won't fit at all but I'd also like the desert theme from M&L: PiT. That song was cut entirely from Smash 4.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I feel like Termina field has a pretty good shot at making it.
That was one I was considering.

It was on my, "if only I had more room list."

Personally I hope Double Cherry Pass makes it. But Chainlink Charge is nice too!

I know this song won't fit at all but I'd also like the desert theme from M&L: PiT. That song was cut entirely from Smash 4.
Yeah. Poor Gritzy Desert.

You were much better than the Mario Land Underground remix... T.T

So many good songs were cut from Brawl and Melee. Heck even the original.

In future games, I secretly hope that they never remove music.

Just add to it.

Naoshi

Is there any cut Pokemon music in Smash 4? Saffron City aside.

I really hope when (if) they bring back one of the Pokemon stages they will finally throw in a GSC/HGSS song that isn't the Melee remix for once.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
What company is WB? shortenings,...... shortenings!!! ( i can not spell abbreiviations)

Last edited:
Has this really never been in smash? i love that song :urg: (especially the M&L Superstar sega version.) damn now I want it in smash too now

also Im not sure how on topic this is but I fell some people need a good laugh. maybe this will help
What company is WB? shortenings,...... shortenings!!! ( i can not pell abbreiviations)
i cant tell if this is a joke or not sooooo Warner Bros

Last edited:

Naoshi

Through the 5 Smash Bros games (including 3DS), it is actually surprising we have never gotten a Bowser Castle theme from Mario 64. That song was remixed twice in the Galaxy series!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So...

Peach's Castle:

Hyrule Castle:

Ah, speculation time! :awesome:

Tbh, I think you listed most of what I wanted for both stages XD :p

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom