• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I do wonder what would happen next down the road. I did quite like Iwata's philosophies and idea's so I hope whoever they choose as his successor has just as good idea's too.

Or is that too early for me to think about?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I do wonder what would happen next down the road. I did quite like Iwata's pholosphies and idea's so I hope whoever they choose as his successor has just as good idea's too.

Or is that too early to think about?
I believe Nintendo has stated that they'll follow Iwata's philosophy, and I hear Miyamoto's currently the president

D

Deleted member

Considering pretty much every company has griefed with Iwata's loss...Maybe...Maybe they'll choose to take Iwata's advice and focus on fun. Wonder if Rockstar and WB had anything to say though
This is what WB Games said, nothing from Rockstar on twitter

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
And Microsoft has yet to say anything (that I've seen). Kind of disappointing, especially seeing as Sony was very quick to pay tribute.

D

Deleted member

And Microsoft has yet to say anything (that I've seen). Kind of disappointing, especially seeing as Sony was very quick to pay tribute.
Phil Spencer tweeted about it, That basically covers Microsoft

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's great to hear that all 3 of the worst publishers, EA, Ubisoft and WB are mourning. Rockstar saying nothing is kinda rude though

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
They did say something.

Edit: Super Ninja'd

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just did what I've failed to do (and realized he'd probably hate) since he passed away.

Had fun playing video games.

Played some Smash, some Splatoon, and a bit of Shantae.

I think just turning on your Wii U or 3DS and enjoying the Nintendo library is the best thing you could do to honor his legacy.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just did what I've failed to do (and release he'd probably hate) since he passed away.

Had fun playing video games.

Played some Smash, some Splatoon, and a bit of Shantae.

I think just turning on your Wii U or 3DS and enjoying the Nintendo library is the best thing you could do to honor his legacy.
You know what? I'm going to beat KDL3, I distinctively remember Iwata's name on that, and although I've beated it in the past, I need a new 100% file on the Wii U. God bless Iwata

D

Deleted member

I have to agree.

We're all saddened by this.

But moping here for too long is only going to make things worse.

We should have some fun. It's what he always wanted. :D
The past can't be forgotten, because that's what builds our future.
But we shouldn't cry too long for those that are gone and instead, look in the future they were trying to build, since crying and moping won't make us move forward and will eventually make all their work and sacrifice pointless

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For some reason I really don't feel like PETA is being very genuine. I feel like that statement was just used to promote their Nintendo parodies
That's because PETA doesn't actually care about anyone or any creature.

They kill more animals than they save.

Pounds have a lower rate than their shelter.

Not only that but they're just concerned about being self righteous as opposed to actually doing good.

It's like if Tumblr was a company.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
PETA is scum. They only do these things for their own personal gain. Never forget that.

And Miyamoto as the next president? Hmm... I'd be down with that.

D

Deleted member

You know what? I'm going to beat KDL3, I distinctively remember Iwata's name on that, and although I've beated it in the past, I need a new 100% file on the Wii U. God bless Iwata
I remember getting it as my last game on Club Nintendo but stopped playing after Whispy Woods.
Guess I'll get around playing that.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't know how I'd feel if Miyamoto becomes President. I think he could do it, but once he's gone, then what?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Miyamoto should stick to games in my opinion.

Lots of creativity.

Little business sense.

Still love him though.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I dunno about miyamoto presidency,maybe that guy who substitue him sometimes on japanese directs or even takeda.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
All this artwork is making me think about why we support characters for Smash and why fictional characters mean so much to us.

It's the connection we have with them that drives us to support them.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
No way Miyamoto is becoming pres, he's too old and basically retired at this point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I remember getting it as my last game on Club Nintendo but stopped playing after Whispy Woods.
Guess I'll get around playing that.
Easily one of the better Kirby games.
I have another reason to thank Iwata. I made friends based on if we played games. Iwata helped me make friends. Had Iwata not been around, I wouldn't have met my boyfriend either. And he was a freelancer for a while. I have nothing but positive things to say about this man, outside the death of my father, death never really hit me. Both had rainbows around their deathdates too. If I could have met him in person in his life, I'd give Iwata a hug

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'm gonna be honest i think Miyamoto should just retire.I don't think his ideals work anymore and he really not good in a head man.A great game designer but not right for a role like that

About Miyamoto likely being the next president
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/13/wall-street-journal-shigeru-miyamoto-tipped-to-lead-nintendo/
PETA shouldn't have named and described their parodies if they were respecting Iwata. Especially Pokemon Black and Blue, a game that has no reason to exist as PETA forgot about the Happiness factor
So the source focuses more on other quotes than the actual reason for the article being miyamoto.

and I cant actually read the evidence from the source without signing up. great.

Not sure how I fell about miyamoto as a president. he makes good games but has some outdated ideals. plus I have no idea how he would do in a pure business etting :x

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Smash bros get's it.
:4ness:First game in For Glory I picked Ness.
Got Dreamland 64 as my stage with Ice Cream Island.
:4kirby:I thought nothing of it till I switched it up for Kirby.
I then got Onett with Smiles and Tears.
Its like the games knows :')
EDIT: Just a heads up Sever is undergoing maintenance for some reason.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Miyamoto is basically just a consultant now, I don't think he has directly worked on any games recently.
Much like when Iwata took place as president, it should be someone young to keep everything fresh

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Smash bros get's it.
:4ness:First game in For Glory I picked Ness.
Got Dreamland 64 as my stage with Ice Cream Island.
:4kirby:I thought nothing of it till I switched it up for Kirby.
I then got Onett with Smiles and Tears.
Its like the games knows :')
EDIT: Just a heads up Sever is undergoing maintenance for some reason.
Yeah there was a scheduled maintenance today

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've read news that Miyamoto was considering retirement. I don't see him as a successor to Iwata.

Also, I read up a little on bile duct cancer. It's a very rare disease with low expectancy of survival. Surgically removing the tumor is the only solution and even so, not 100% viable.

As harsh as this may sound, the moment Iwata was diagnosed with this illness last year, he pretty much had his days numbered unless he was really lucky. It's sad, but we know cancer, especially the rarer (and consequently more unknown) ones, isn't something easily trifled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom