• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This is interesting for fans of the speedy blue hedgehog.:4sonic:

http://www.godisageek.com/2015/06/this-video-shows-a-sonic-we-would-play/
While he does bring some good points (such as marketing towards adults), the things like changing Sonic's design and personality, both of which made me and many others love the character, I'm heavily against. Sonic shouldn't be timid and cautious, he should be cocky with a get up and go attitude. Sticking to 2D is also not a good idea, neither is the removal of voice acting. The 3D road for Sonic has been a bumpy ride, but it can work. Even if they haven't aged well, the Adventure games had a pretty good formula for a 3D Sonic, and even Boost gameplay, heck the Lost World formula has it's fans, myself included. I just feel like some of his ideas take away what makes Sonic, Sonic.

James McGraw in the comment section of the video pretty much has my exact thoughts, just a lot more detailed.

I will say, I do love the idea of the backpack (not the paying with rings though), the part where Eggman's robot hits the electric shield which causes spikes to attract to him is brilliant.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Pink text: is this a new Pokemon?
White text: make sure you reserve your tickets! What is this thing? Stay in the theaters until the very end!
Thank you!

Also everyone's saying this is a new Zygarde form, I disagree. I think it's a completely new Pokemon but it likely has some links to Z over there.

EDIT: On second though, I take that back.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
jesus
it looks like an eva or something
maybe zygarde will actually be useful

nah it's definitely zygarde
look at the head, it has the dangly things

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Due to Savestates, I got past the insta kill section.

But he hasn't been hit once.

Help.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This is interesting for fans of the speedy blue hedgehog.:4sonic:

http://www.godisageek.com/2015/06/this-video-shows-a-sonic-we-would-play/
This is a great video. I'm obsessed with the Genesis games, so I agree with almost everything he's saying.

Obviously the design is something that's easily debated... well, Sonic's design. The background looks beautiful, but it would feel a little less like a Sonic game with that design. It's just his face that bothers me a little - it needs that tan bit for his mouth.

I'd prefer a cell-shaded, colourful art style, as Rayman now owns hand drawn platforming IMO.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay seriously.

**** you Mr. Dream.

You're asking me to react by the millisecond.

**** this noise.

This game is hard.

I'm taking a break from you.

:salt:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Okay seriously.

**** you Mr. Dream.

You're asking me to react by the millisecond.

**** this noise.

This game is hard.

I'm taking a break from you.

:salt:
Don't play that inferior version.

Also there is a point of the fight where he stops with the insta KO uppercuts. Just gotta keep trying.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't play that inferior version.

Also there is a point of the fight where he stops with the insta KO uppercuts. Just gotta keep trying.
Due to Savestates, I got past the insta kill section.

But he hasn't been hit once.

Help.
The thing is, I'm not actually fast enough.

I know exactly what to do.

Let me be frank.

I can easily survive Mike Tyson/Mr Dream and get to a winner by decision.

I just can't beat the guy. I can't get hits in.

I'm just too slow.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
jesus
it looks like an eva or something
maybe zygarde will actually be useful

nah it's definitely zygarde
look at the head, it has the dangly things
So it's safe to say that it's probably Zygarde's mega evolution and could possibly lead to Pokémon Z being a thing?

I just hope the Battle Frontier appears in the next main Pokémon games.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i totally forgot tony from earthbound was gay
(EDITED, I MIXED THEM UP)
So it's safe to say that it's probably Zygarde's mega evolution and could possibly lead to Pokémon Z being a thing?

I just hope the Battle Frontier appears in the next main Pokémon games.
i'm not sure it's a mega. probably something more along the lines of origin forme or primal reversion
there were a couple of moves (thousand arrows and thousand waves) that were datamined for it
also you're new here hi

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Let me be frank.

I'm just too slow.
You wanna beat him?

Keep dreaming.

:troll:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Morning Folks :3
How's everyone this fine day?:4lucas:

Let me be frank.

I'm just too slow.
:4sonic:
C'mon Step it up.
Ah the less important taunt :p

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I missed Swamp whipping a drunk Roger smith? Oh my.

Khoru

Smash Champion
is it possible to suggest or like... guest-write an article for sg
because i think an article on the handful of potential squeenix characters would be good

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya know i just realized something if nintendo could get any rare character for smash dlc it
shouldnt be banjo&kazooie....it should be

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
is it possible to suggest or like... guest-write an article for sg
because i think an article on the handful of potential squeenix characters would be good
If anyone wants to write articles (or a single article) for Source Gaming, please contact one of our senior members (@ PushDustIn PushDustIn , @ DMurr DMurr , or myself.)

I have recently brought up with our writing staff that I want to shy away from pure character pieces as they are often platforms for personal campaigns and there are already so many other blogs that do them. This is not to say that I do not think character centric article should not be written if the hook is interesting enough, though. Keep in mind that all guest articles must be approved before being published, so make sure to tell us your ideas beforehand.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Shame, I'd love to write about why Smash should get another Metroid character and my reasons to defend that stance.

It's fine, though. Your site, after all.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Shame, I'd love to write about why Smash should get another Metroid character and my reasons to defend that stance.

Surely yours doesn't count though.
I mean if you are writing about why it should deserve a new rep. It doesn't specifically show any bias to one particular character.
If I was to write an article up about why Lucas should have returned to Smash I am being purely subjective to him and him alone.
To my gathering here. You want to talk about a new rep in general and not specifically anyone in particular.
Just my thoughts on this anyone at SG please tell me I am seeing this correctly.
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn @ DMurr DMurr @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

My intention is not to scrub all character related articles from the site; it's just to make sure the site has focus and we don't have a lot of over lap between articles and "fluff" pieces. Smash as a game is largely defined by it's roster, so of course we will be talking about characters to some extent.

Something like what you are proposing is actually more series than character specific, in any case. That works as it has a clear focus. In all honesty, never feel like you should not approach us with an article idea, whether it be character driven or not. It's more that you shouldn't be upset if we decide against it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My intention is not to scrub all character related articles from the site; it's just to make sure the site has focus and we don't have a lot of over lap between articles and "fluff" pieces. Smash as a game is largely defined by it's roster, so of course we will be talking about characters to some extent.

Something like what you are proposing is actually more series than character specific, in any case. That works as it has a clear focus. In all honesty, never feel like you should not approach us with an article idea, whether it be character driven or not. It's more that you shouldn't be upset if we decide against it.
Surely yours doesn't count though.
I mean if you are writing about why it should deserve a new rep. It doesn't specifically show any bias to one particular character.
If I was to write an article up about why Lucas should have returned to Smash I am being purely subjective to him and him alone.
To my gathering here. You want to talk about a new rep in general and not specifically anyone in particular.
Just my thoughts on this anyone at SG please tell me I am seeing this correctly.
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn @ DMurr DMurr @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D
The clarification is appreciated, though I feel I'd inevitably delve into the series' only two viable reps at this point, even ignoring my obvious favoritism for one of them. Of course, I could keep that to a minimum, but that's to be seen if this were to take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom