• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@ DMurr DMurr brings us another transcription!

This time it's the GDC 2008 slides! (Translation done by me)

Major props to Dmurr! Here's a look at some of the edit he did to make the text more readable/ fully localized:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There's nothing big happening on Monday besides server maintenance, right?

Because out of nowhere I heard someone say that there was going to be a reveal or something. I'm 99% sure he misinterpreted something, but I'm just making sure.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, Smash Wii U and 3DS are going under maintenance that day. So, maybe?
This does lead to believe that maybe something, we shall see though.
idk i dont think we have ever had a direct back to back.E3 was literally a month ago.I say wait around august for another direct
I could realisticly see August more but wouldn't fully count one out this month.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I figured as much. The guy misinterpreted it.

Blegh.

August would make more sense for an announcement anyway.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Looking back though, that was so hype. "A new challenger."

That alone was hype. Then there were THREEEE.

And one of them was my favorite and most wanted. Hell yeah.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
That was such a strange day.

We get a Rayman trophy for no reason, and then we see Chrom get rekt while his two co-stars get in over him, and of course the good Captain.

It was hype, nonetheless.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, according to the same source that said the NX wouldn't be as powerful as the PS4, he said that the NX will feature BC with Wii U.
Source: (https://mobile.twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/619991164733800448)
I can confirm that NX is capable of BC.
He's also apparently been forced out from twitter due to death threats.
Decided to remove myself from social media for now. 4 death threats today and a handful of NeoGAF threads bashing me. This isn't worth it.
(https://mobile.twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/620018611583864833)
Poor guy. He's just uncovering information that can really give us clues to what this thing is. He seems like a reliable source. At least it may hint at the fact that this system may be based on the PowerPC architecture once again (or at least have a seperate PowerPC processor for Wii U compatibility).
Melee lives on once again :troll:.

Last edited:

AreJay25

Well, according to the same source that said the NX wouldn't be as powerful as the PS4, he said that the NX will feature BC with Wii U.

Poor guy. He's just uncovering information that can really give us clues to what this thing is. He seems like a reliable source. At least it may hint at the fact that this system may be based on the PowerPC architecture once again (or at least have a seperate PowerPC processor for Wii U compatibility).
What legitimate reason is there for this guy to receive death threats? All he's doing is giving information.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

You do realize this was the same guy who said Devil's Third wasn't getting published by Nintendo and NOA tweeted out that it was indeed coming.

I wouldn't believe a 16 over some BS sources. That's right, he's a 16 year old getting some crazy stuff I wouldn't even believe him

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You do realize this was the same guy who said Devil's Third wasn't getting published by Nintendo and NOA tweeted out that it was indeed coming.

I wouldn't believe a 16 over some BS sources. That's right, he's a 16 year old getting some crazy stuff I wouldn't even believe him
Death threats aren't also the way to go about either :( (not saying you were doing the death threats XD, just other people in general). If people don't want to believe this guy, that's perfectly understandable. Its just that he seems to have a good track record when it comes to certain things. Plus, he's part of Unseen64. People who are really good at finding these things. So I wouldn't dismiss it just yet :).

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Tamaki has been more correct than wrong, so I would believe most of the stuff he's said. He does actually get insider information.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Devil's Third is the best surprise I've had all day and I don't even want the game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Death threats aren't also the way to go about either :( (not saying you were doing the death threats XD, just other people in general). If people don't want to believe this guy, that's perfectly understandable. Its just that he seems to have a good track record when it comes to certain things. Plus, he's part of Unseen64. People who are really good at finding these things. So I wouldn't dismiss it just yet :).
The death threats are stupid but this guy is someone who had to do damage control after the recent Devil's Third news saying "W-well my sources were late and wasn't accurate"

That is literally Sal Romano levels of damage control. I'm not gonna believe this guy who's sources are pretty much "My dad works at Nintendo" levels of lying. Besides, he isn't as part with Unseen 64 with getting the info but more of reporting it

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
What legitimate reason is there for this guy to receive death threats? All he's doing is giving information.
It's dumb Nintendo Fanboys not wanting anything to damage the image of their precious nintendo. Funny, if that guy is right and the NX is weak, those people giving him death threats for this will back track and say console power doesn't matter.

I hate fanboys, of all four platforms.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The death threats are stupid but this guy is someone who had to do damage control after the recent Devil's Third news saying "W-well my sources were late and wasn't accurate"

That is literally Sal Romano levels of damage control. I'm not gonna believe this guy who's sources are pretty much "My dad works at Nintendo" levels of lying. Besides, he isn't as part with Unseen 64 with getting the info but more of reporting it
But...

Sal's info was outdated...

AreJay25

Since the NX apparently has BC, I think it's safe to assume that we won't get a "Super Smash Bros for Wii U for NX".

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I was under the impression that Nintendo would continue to create games for the Wii U even when the NX was out.

Why would it be backwards compatible? That implies the Wii U will be dead.

Unless we're getting a handheld that plays Wii U games and 3DS games.

OMG I'm on to something. 'Bridge the gap'.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I hope there will be a way to tie my purchases like dlc and games to my account. That way I can trade in or sell my wii u and use that money to buy the NX or another platform and have my purchases there. If they pull that stupid bull**** again where you need both consoles to transfer data I'm going to be pissed.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh don't you start.
No.

Don't YOU start.

Denying Gematsu is literally idiocy at this point.

After the Rhythm Emblem and the Chrom tidbits @ PushDustIn PushDustIn found, denying that Gematsu didn't have legit info is just...stupid.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Since the NX apparently has BC, I think it's safe to assume that we won't get a "Super Smash Bros for Wii U for NX".
What would it have been anyway? I doubt Sakurai would have made anything beyond an enhanced port of the Wii U version with all the DLC included.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh don't you start.

I think it should have BC but the hard part is recreating the Gamepad features
No.

Don't YOU start.

Denying Gematsu is literally idiocy at this point.

After the Rhythm Emblem and the Chrom tidbits @ PushDustIn PushDustIn found, denying that Gematsu didn't have legit info is just...stupid.
How about both of you don't start?

K thanks bai.

AreJay25

What would it have been anyway? I doubt Sakurai would have made anything beyond an enhanced port of the Wii U version with all the DLC included.
That's what I was saying. I'm fully expecting a "GOTY Edition" at some point, but I figured that they would also make a port for the NX. Seems like it would be redundant at this point.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Sal's a legit leaker, though. His leaks go beyond Smash, you know.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sal's a legit leaker, though. His leaks go beyond Smash, you know.
Same with Tamaki too. He does have legit information. I wonder if Nintendo is just doing damage control.

Also, Gematsu was real man. Just accept it. k, thx bai.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So, I just finished the first Phoenix Wright game. (Rise from the Ashes took FOREVER)

Now I want Phoenix Wright more.

Can we change the title of the thread to, "Nintenzone Social Thread: tehponycorn beat Phoenix Wright"?

No? ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom