• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Same with Tamaki too. He does have legit information. I wonder if Nintendo is just doing damage control.

Also, Gematsu was real man. Just accept it. k, thx bai.
Seriously, every character that was predicted made it into the game save two, and those two have evidence of having been worked on. The odds of that being the result of guess work is quite low.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Same with Tamaki too. He does have legit information. I wonder if Nintendo is just doing damage control.

Also, Gematsu was real man. Just accept it. k, thx bai.
I'm still not believing it on the sole purpose of it having that one character I don't ever want to see in a Smash game.

Spoiler Warning
It's not Chrom, he doesn't deserve I, he's a good boy

Khoru

Smash Champion
i don't know what sakurai was thinking when he put wii fit trainer in the game
nobody requested her
more like miss fit, amirite

/s

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm still not believing it on the sole purpose of it having that one character I don't ever want to see in a Smash game.

Spoiler Warning
It's not Chrom, he doesn't deserve I, he's a good boy
At least you admit your bias :p. Some people are incredibly ignorant and like "not-uh. It didnt 100% come true so its faaaaaake". Seriously, those people don't have brains. When have we ever gotten a full Smash Roster leak? Look at the Brawl leaks that came true. All were incomplete (expect the last one).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
At least you admit your bias :p. Some people are incredibly ignorant and like "not-uh. It didnt 100% come true so its faaaaaake". Seriously, those people don't have brains. When have we ever gotten a full Smash Roster leak? Look at the Brawl leaks that came true. All were incomplete (expect the last one).
Can anyone tell us what Pre-Brawl was like in it's entirety? I've gotten bits and pieces, but never the full thing. Anyone got a rundown or summary they can provide?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Can anyone tell us what Pre-Brawl was like in it's entirety? I've gotten bits and pieces, but never the full thing. Anyone got a rundown or summary they can provide?
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn that sounds like an excellent idea for an article, we should add it to the spreadsheet

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was madness.

What in particular do you want to know?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Everyone was unhappy and it was full craziness and Geno was like what Ridley is now.

Also people thought :4bowserjr:&:4duckhunt: would be in but they weren't until a game later

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn that sounds like an excellent idea for an article, we should add it to the spreadsheet
Already had plans to do a full Brawl breakdown eventually. Was going to do Smash 4, Smash 64, Brawl and then Melee (as there is less information about Melee than the others).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The things I remember the best about Brawl's release was how disappointing it was to find out Wolf was the last character, how angry everyone was at ROB, and how shocked some people were that Krystal didn't make it in.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The things I remember the best about Brawl's release was how disappointing it was to find out Wolf was the last character, how angry everyone was at ROB, and how shocked some people were that Krystal didn't make it in.
And there I was, eating popcorn and enjoying the carnage over two characters I legitimately liked.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think :lucario::toonlink::rob:&:wolf: brought more sat in the Smash fanbase than :4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4darkpit:& no :4lucas: even could.
I know I was one of them especially with Wolf and Toon Link. Seriously, the anger I had for them was crazy

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was just mad that Mewtwo and Roy had been cut, and that Ridley wasn't in the game. I was also upset that Megaman wasn't in, as I really thought we would get 3 third party characters. I had no issues with any of the characters that made it in, though.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What? You didnt like Browser Jr., Duck Hunt? Those are amazing additions to the roster. I think Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina, Robin, Mii Fighters bring a lot more to the table than those four Brawl newcomers. Especially Toon Link who is just an upgraded Young Link.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What? You didnt like Browser Jr., Duck Hunt? Those are amazing additions to the roster. I think Villager, Little Mac, Rosalina, Robin, Mii Fighters bring a lot more to the table than those four Brawl newcomers. Especially Toon Link who is just an upgraded Young Link.
Never said I didn't like them although I was kinda ugh on the alternate costume situation for Bowser Jr.

Only characters I've never liked were really :pichumelee::younglinkmelee::toonlink:(at the time):wolf:(at the time as well) & :4darkpit:.

I used to loathe :4jigglypuff: but I learned like the little puffball. (Mostly due to HungryBox)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nope. I play Mr. Fit!
Damn it. I tired to get an image of Mr. Fit the Banjo character, only to be provided with images of an inflatable sex toy.

So um, which one of them do you play?

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I actually like Dark Pit and Lucina a lot, and would love for them to stick around in future Smash games.... as long as they get the Falco/Roy/Gannondorf treatment.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I think :lucario::toonlink::rob:&:wolf: brought more sat in the Smash fanbase than :4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4darkpit:& no :4lucas: even could.
I know I was one of them especially with Wolf and Toon Link. Seriously, the anger I had for them was crazy
Kinda funny how people hated wolf but now he is like a fan favorite

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I actually like Dark Pit and Lucina a lot, and would love for them to stick around in future Smash games.... as long as they get the Falco/Roy/Gannondorf treatment.
the only 2 characters i got upset they got in was dr mario and bowser jr. lucina and dark pit were fine with me.

also back in the brawl days, i too was upset megaman didn't make it in. but he's in now so its all good.

AreJay25

You know, I will never understand where people came up with the idea that Lucario replaced Mewtwo.

Nor will I understand the people who somehow thought they were clones.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know, I will never understand where people came up with the idea that Lucario replaced Mewtwo.

Because similar Neutral Bs. I surprised no one has called :4greninja: a :4lucario:/:4mewtwo: clone

AreJay25

Because similar Neutral Bs. I surprised no one has called :4greninja: a :4lucario:/:4mewtwo: clone
Yeah, that was the reasoning most of the time. But it's literally one move. Hardly counts as a clone lol.

And I remember people calling Greninja a Sheik clone...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It's because of the Brawl leak.

"It said Lucario took Mewtwo's spot. Spot being in relative terms."

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It's because of the Brawl leak.

"It said Lucario took Mewtwo's spot. Spot being in relative terms."
I don't think that was the only thing to blame.

I think it's a conclusion some people reached for themselves based on Lucario's Neutral B, and the fact it makes more sense to blame him than it does to blame Pokemon Trainer. Somebody needed to be the scapegoat, and Lucario just fit the bill better.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am playing Punch Out!! for the NES.

HOW THE BLOODY HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO BEAT MR. DREAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom