• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I remember Gamefreak saying once Pokemon Z or X2Y2 would be too expected, so they might try something else.
They didn't say that, the question was asking why ORAS instead of Z, they then said that having Z immediately after X and Y would've been too expected, so it's entirely possible that they meant that they wanted to do the remake first, not the third version.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
*sees title* Swampy, you don't need to do this
He's a man. He can handle it, like I said.

Now if t was Title Defense Sandman or Title Defense Ball Bull, I'll defend him but Mr. Dream isn't harder than those two

Chrono.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I have to wonder if "series rep" will factor into the ballot choices.

Let's say that if you combine the top 3 Rhythm Heaven reps votes the total would place them at number 2 most wanted, but individually each character hovers at around number 10.... would a RH rep be looked at because there is obvious demand for someone from that franchise?
If this happens to be the case.
I can see a New DK rep being playable.
And Maybe even Star Fox depending on where wolf is as I speak.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

Let's say that if you combine the top 3 Rhythm Heaven reps votes the total would place them at number 2 most wanted, but individually each character hovers at around number 10.... would a RH rep be looked at because there is obvious demand for someone from that franchise?
I would hope Sakurai is aware of the desire for a DK character now.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There's no way Sakurai doesn't know people want a DK character.

Like, he'd have to be blind and deaf to not notice.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Regarding EVO, I'm more interested in hearing further details and impressions about the ProCube controller than the tourney itself. I'm guessing the finals will consist of the same 3-4 characters we always see and that doesn't interest me at this point. I'd love to start seeing a wider variety of characters, but it's too easy to stay with the safe options.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I suggested this the other day and was laughed out of the thread...
Anyway, I think this might be the case...especially in the case of Rhythm Heaven. All of its characters are very...one note, but there are many, so people ask for many, but nobody really gets behind a particular character...
In that case I do think Sakurai would choose whoever he saw fit as the Rhythm Heaven character (which he may have done with the Chorus Kids).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Posted this in the official character thread, but I'm going to repost here anyway.

Clearly the best Wayforward rep is:

There's some old school cred for you. I'm actually not sure who owns this franchise, although I would imagine it's currently Majesco as they published the Wii game.

The NES game is a classic and the Wii game is a tragically underplayed gem. The game has a freaking "hug blob" button. It is the antithesis of everything that is wrong with modern gaming.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

If that's the case, then wouldn't we pretty much be guaranteed a new Zelda, Pokemon, Mario and DK character? You couldn't just do that for RH, and not for every single other franchise too.

They all have at least 2 characters that are going to get a ton of votes, and in the case of Pokemon, I would bet that dozens of random 'Mons will get solid showings.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If that's the case, then wouldn't we pretty much be guaranteed a new Zelda, Pokemon, Mario and DK character? You couldn't just do that for RH, and not for every single other franchise too.

They all have at least 2 characters that are going to get a ton of votes, and in the case of Pokemon, I would bet that dozens of random 'Mons will get solid showings.
RH was just an example, you could have replaced that with any series. I did say "new series" rep though, as I believe there is a difference between fans of a franchise wanting said franchise to have some form of playable representation and fans of current smash franchises wanting new comers. The second scenario is more about the specific characters, while the first is about getting the series itself into Smash.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There's no way Sakurai doesn't know people want a DK character.
Like, he'd have to be blind and deaf to not notice.
RH was just an example, you could have replaced that with any series. I did say "new series" rep though, as I believe there is a difference between fans of a franchise wanting said franchise to have some form of playable representation and fans of current smash franchises wanting new comers. The second scenario is more about the specific characters, while the first is about getting the series itself into Smash.
Oh, yes. If Sakurai does combine votes based on series, I'm pretty sure the votes for a Donkey Kong character would dwarf the votes by a ridiculous amount for literally any other category, if they were combined.
Perhaps another reason to put stock in one?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'm telling you the next pokemon game should be pokemon Red X and Blue Y a ending to both the kanto and kalos story and the perfect 20th anniversary game

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ah, you didn't actually say "new" series in the post I quoted ;).

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
But Kalos has an established relationship with Hoenn? Why go back to Kanto?
True but maybe it's just me but kalos refernces kanto alot or atleast x and y.Santalune Forest is alot like virdian forest,A professor gives you kanto startes,You can capture mewtwo(a kanto pokemon) in kalos,plus a lady in lumiose city said that she meet a spiky hair boy you always said smell you later sounds familar(green oak).Maybe i'm looking to deep into but i think visting kanto would be a nice 20th anivarsary gaem

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

But Kalos has an established relationship with Hoenn? Why go back to Kanto?
Because People don't want to let go off nostalgia
lol I found out my irl name is the same of a great FE character, anyone else have something like that?
My irl name is the same as various Action movie Russian vilains, does that count?
Um...I'm pretty sure you may have added a few extra years...
------------------------------------------------------joke-------------------------------------------------->

You

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly, a game with kalos and kanto would make getting just X or Y worthless.

True but maybe it's just me but kalos refernces kanto alot or atleast x and y.Santalune Forest is alot like virdian forest,A professor gives you kanto startes,You can capture mewtwo(a kanto pokemon) in kalos,plus a lady in lumiose city said that she meet a spiky hair boy you always said smell you later sounds familar(gary oak).Maybe i'm looking to deep into but i think visting kanto would be a nice 20th anivarsary gaem
Isn't there always a forest? I mean, it is A LOT like Viridian Forest, but I don't think it'd hint at a game with Kalos and Kanto. Imo it's just a throwback. And you can get the kanto starters + Mewtwo because they all have Mega Evolutions. The only reason HG/SS had 2 regions is because the originals (G/S/C) did.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Regarding the Dk Rep situation.
We all know where K Rool is in his situation.
I am sure Dixie is following on the Ballot.
Surely there is someone voting for Cranky.
And I know for a fact people are voting for Lanky Kong just for ****s and Giggles.

And regarding the new article from @PushDustIn
I love the fact we get to see Melee with Brawl's graphical choice side by side
And the fact he literally used a figure for the moves of the fighters is just amazing.
First there was 64 were the fighters were dolls.
Then there was Melee where they evolved into fighter trophies.
The Brawl where they became articulated figures.
Now in Smash 4 they have become physical trophies that actually articulate when put in to the game.
The cycle is finally complete.

Last edited:

Chrono.

True but maybe it's just me but kalos refernces kanto alot or atleast x and y.Santalune Forest is alot like virdian forest,A professor gives you kanto startes,You can capture mewtwo(a kanto pokemon) in kalos,plus a lady in lumiose city said that she meet a spiky hair boy you always said smell you later sounds familar(gary oak).Maybe i'm looking to deep into but i think visting kanto would be a nice 20th anivarsary gaem
Most of these are just references, they've been around in other games.

And in the case of Mewtwo and the birds, that's likely to be Hoopa's doing (which is why they're the only legendaries who were missing from Hoenn)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
------------------------------------------------------joke-------------------------------------------------->

You
The explain the joke to me. Is it...a joke about the number of characters in Melee (25 but technically 26)?
Apparently I'm not the only one either.

lol I found out my irl name is the same of a great FE character, anyone else have something like that?
Same here.
Turns out my real name is the same as this guy:

Kenith! As he can have any name! :awesome:

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
The explain the joke to me. Is it...a joke about the number of characters in Melee (25 but technically 26)?
Apparently I'm not the only one either.
the joke was something along the lines of like... "the lion king came out <x> years ago"
in some cases these statements will be misinformative, often for humorous effect - a similar case would be this

D

Deleted member

I'm probably the only one that just wants the new game to only have a new region, same Pokemon and mechanics, just a different region from Kalos(and maybe some megas), basically making the third version feel different(or at least something similar to B2W2
I'm having an argument with someone who says Sm4sh is horribly unbalanced and that Ganondorf is fast...Can you report people for a lack of intelligence?
My friends keep saying Ganon is broken because he's too powerful, they argue that having a terrible recovery, being slow and having no projectiles don't balance his damage output, knockback given and being a heavyweight(which doesn't matter when you can't even recover anyway)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The prick claimed Mewtwo was nerfed from his Melee counterpart. He said Robin's a good rushdown characters. He says Falcon and Ganondorf are OP and have great recoveries. He claims he can beat everyone on the forum. He claims that if you could do 999% with every move, you'd be doing the same as picking a high tier character. He claims hyper-aggresive play is the only way people should play. He claims Mewtwo should have been the only DLC character because it makes him special. ****ing Spoon Sword Social man

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Ganon isn't broken. Like, at all. lol

And on the topic of Pokemon remakes, I'm fine with them, but I'd much rather have new games over them. Although I really don't want a Kanto remake, we already have one (technically two).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom