• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Brawl Dorf tho

His running speed is slower than a lot of characters walk speeds...

D

Deleted member

Anyone ever played Fossil Fighters Frontier? I want to hear opinions on it, it has this battle theme
Truly Smash worthy
I've seen only the trailers shown in the direct, two words: Prehistoric Pokemon
That's all I can take from the footage I've seen

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I decided to leave that Mewtwo Social since they guy there really didnt know what he was talking about. Apparently he has his own special mod that is better than Brawl, PM and Smash 4.

Im gonna drop it. Are people still falling for that old Facebook post. Jesus, this is getting out of hand

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I really want Bill to win this.
Who knows? Maybe he's secretly studying Zero, Hungrybox and co.?

Hopefully he has never trained with Reggie.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Funny thing about Bill at EVO.

Literally like a few hours after he announced he was going, ZeRo uploaded a video about how to beat Rosalina.

Who Bill mains.

Coincidence? I think not.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing about Bill at EVO.

Literally like a few hours after he announced he was going, ZeRo uploaded a video about how to beat Rosalina.

Who Bill mains.

Coincidence? I think not.
These are psychological tricks.

Bill! Don't let yourself be intimidated! We believe in you!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nintendo.

You're adding N64 and DS VC games on your Wii U at a steady pace.

I love it.

I'm actually trying to figure out what to buy first.

But while you're at it.

Can we have some Wii games too?

We have three.

Chrono.

Nintendo.

I love it.

But while you're at it.

We have three.
The NA store still doesn't have Kirby's Adventure Wii and Sin & Punishment: Star Successor like...

What's the excuse here

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hm...

I want to make a desktop with all of my favorite pokemon.

But I don't have the knowhow...

Being dumb sucks.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I know it was incredibly unlikely but I wish Nintendo gave the DS titles online functionality again. I would have loved to play MKDS multiplayer (another thing, they're all single player only wtf).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just want SNES games on 3DS. Is it that hard to put them on there Nintendo.

Please? Seriously Mario World, Super Metroid and Super Punch Out all in tour pocket and on the go will make major money

kylexv

Smash Master
I wish the classic Sonic games would come to the virtual console. Or better yet, port the Taxman and Stealth versions of 1, 2, CD, and hopefully 3&K.

I'm guessing this is a TV movie?
Should've been called "Regular Movie"

As long as there's no crappy romantic drama this should be enjoyable.

That's what killed Regular Show for me.
Don't see Margaret or CJ, so I guess it's a good sign.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Nintendo.

I love it.

But while you're at it.

We have three.
Still waiting fro spm here :(

Also, yes, i know, I have a disc, but it''s just because it makes it much more accessible for those who don;t have one.

D

Deleted member

Can anyone tell us what Pre-Brawl was like in it's entirety? I've gotten bits and pieces, but never the full thing. Anyone got a rundown or summary they can provide?
I've never participated in it but I do know quite a lot from people who experience it. Basically, it was hell and it makes the pre-Smash 4 scene look innocent.

I do know that I was incredibly upset with the roster's turn out (hated the cuts and no Mega Man) that I bashed the game almost solely for it for about a year. Later on I developed a MUCH more positive opinion on the game after I realized how silly that was and how great Brawl's roster truly was. Comparatively, I reacted quite well to Smash 4's roster despite feeling it's a few step below Brawl's (except Ice Climbers to an extent).
Which is why Pichu is popular now and why I think Dark Pit would be at a similar fate if he were to be removed in the next game.
Is Pichu really that popular? I have not seen any indication suggesting he's broke the Top 10 in any significant Internet polls. That said I've always liked Pichu as an addition although I consider Dark Pit to be the series's worst character addition.
If anyone wants to write articles (or a single article) for Source Gaming, please contact one of our senior members (@PushDustIn, @ DMurr DMurr , or myself.)

I have recently brought up with our writing staff that I want to shy away from pure character pieces as they are often platforms for personal campaigns and there are already so many other blogs that do them. This is not to say that I do not think character centric article should not be written if the hook is interesting enough, though. Keep in mind that all guest articles must be approved before being published, so make sure to tell us your ideas beforehand.
This. That's why my ideas for articles are not specific on a character. If I wanted to persuade people to support or not support a character, I would use literally any format possible outside of Source Gaming.
@fuzzy pickles is working on an epic about Mother (the outline is literally three pages long), and his goals with the article are very sound. He's not attempting to persuade people to vote for another Mother character in Smash, but is attempting to inform the reader everything and anything about Mother representation in Smash. I feel like these kinds of articles are severely lacking in the community, so I'd like to personally encourage their creations.
Awww man I wanted to keep that under wrap until I was closer to being finished. :c Oh well, that gives me more time to promote it and create hype. :)

Regardless I am excited to be working on this one. Hopefully it'll be something truly special for Mother fans. I also have a few more ideas down the pipeline (thought it's worth noting one of them potentially overlaps with @ Khoru Khoru article on Square Enix and I'm not going to be writing that one until my Mother article is finished).
I have to wonder if "series rep" will factor into the ballot choices.

Let's say that if you combine the top 3 Rhythm Heaven reps votes the total would place them at number 2 most wanted, but individually each character hovers at around number 10.... would a RH rep be looked at because there is obvious demand for someone from that franchise?
I feel as this is a mix of a suggestion box and a poll; the #1 doesn't necessarily get in but placing well would put them under consideration and #1 will put you in a very good position to be added barring NPC role/legal issues/technical issues. I feel as the characters that have a shot are those in the Top 10 most wanted and when troll/unfeasible suggestions are removed, that I feel will be the pool that gets in from the Ballot (and where the role of popularity is succeeded by other factors such as recency, uniqueness, importance, series balance, etc). So in that case, a Rhythm Heaven character would probably be in the pool (minus Chorus Men since I feel they are under the same position as Ice Climbers now) but whoever would get chosen (assuming we get a Rhythm Heaven character) would be based on Sakurai's interest.
I would hope Sakurai is aware of the desire for a DK character now.
He better. I get the impression that he just looked at the Brawl poll from 2006, added Mega Man, and called it a day in regards to popularity factoring in the initial roster. If the franchise somehow gets snubbed again, I would honestly be inclined to believe Sakurai does not consider DK worthy of another newcomer.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

As long as there's no crappy romantic drama this should be enjoyable.

That's what killed Regular Show for me.
I don't understand why everyone complains about that, cartoons nowadays are all touching social subjects, Regular Show was bound to use at least one

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
He better. I get the impression that he just looked at the Brawl poll from 2006, added Mega Man, and called it a day in regards to popularity factoring in the initial roster. If the franchise somehow gets snubbed again, I would honestly be inclined to believe Sakurai does not consider DK worthy of another newcomer.
Not sure how you got that idea, to be honest. Palutena in her current design, Robin, Shulk and Greninja didn't even exist at that point. Villager, Little Mac and Mega Man, maybe, would've done well on a poll then.

We lost Wolf, also, and didn't get Krystal. Ridley or Isaac, either.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Bill Trinen is literally the best guy
He's my hero.

Nintendo.

I love it.

But while you're at it.

We have three.
Some Square Enix SNES game would be fantastic. Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana please.

Oh! Scratch that! I want the DS version of Chrono Trigger. Do it Nintendo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom