• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Please Understand.

too soon i'm sorry my sense of humour ugh lord bless me

ugh it's too soon

I still feel bad for Ninty. They won't be the same. Not even here to see Mario Maker.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I am legitimately crying.

One of gaming's most important icons has passed away so suddenly...RIP Iwata. Your influence in the industry will never be forgotten.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Someone over at the Smash subreddit came up with the idea of paying tribute to Iwata at EVO during finals, using name tags. That'd be nice to see.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I feel like i need to buy something nintendo related......You know i always wanted to buy 3D world.I think i'm gonna do that

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I seriously just beat Mother 3 and now THIS happens too?

MY BODY CAN'T HANDLE ALL THESE EMOTIONS :cry:

Rest in peace Iwata... I don't even know what to say. :crying:

EDIT:

The most appropriate music right now :(
NO PLEASE STOP THIS IS THE LAST THING I NEEDED

MY HOUSE IS GOING TO BE FLOODED WITH TEARS

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know you guys like to joke, but this isn't the time to do that. This is a big contributor to Nintendo we are talking about.
Pay proper respects.
No one's joking about it...

...at least here, I mean

I was going to mention that I was afraid that there would be people like this but I thought people couldn't be that much of assholes. Guess I was wrong

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

...at least here, I mean

I was going to mention that I was afraid that there would be people like this but I thought people couldn't be that much of ********. Guess I was wrong
21 ****ing retweets

I am so ****ing done

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

...at least here, I mean

I was going to mention that I was afraid that there would be people like this but I thought people couldn't be that much of ********. Guess I was wrong

THIS.

ASSHOLE.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
From Sony Playstation CEO himself

image.jpg

"We will pray for the souls of Iwata 's been a great contribution to the development of the game industry ."

Just to show that other from the industry cares about one another.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dude...

This doesn't feel real.

What's gonna happen now?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Please don't post awful **** tactless people say on twitter. It really isn't the time for that kind of crap. :(

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I legitimately don't know what's gonna happen now. Especially regarding the next Direct and the NX.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Sakuari paying his respects...

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Dude...

This doesn't feel real.

What's gonna happen now?
Realistically, someone or some people have already been running the business in his place for at least a little while now since he's likely been out with his health issues. I can imagine they'll put out a press release soon announcing who his official replacement is. Nintendo is a very large company and that will take some time. I expect to know within the week, though.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sakuari paying his respects...
Posted the translation before, here it is again in case you didn't see it:

“The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace.”

I'm really sad right now, to say the least.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Sure, e3 wasn't that good and the wii u isn't doing well, but he did many great things for nintendo. Let's remember him for his great achievements.

RIP

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Posted the translation before, here it is again in case you didn't see it:

“The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace.”

I'm really sad right now, to say the least.

I don't wanna cry right now. Please don't make me cry. I hate crying

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Not shocking really, it is a Nintendo community after all.
Considering it's a usually unpleasant community, I do believe it shocking.

Keep in mind, 9/11 posts, salt and stupidity and crap like that appear all the time. I've scrolled down for 2 minutes and I haven't found ONE post about that.

So yes, I find it shocking myself.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/150713e-page-001.jpg
According to the Press Release, Miyamoto and Genyo Takeba are filling in for the moment. If I'm ninja'd, oh well.

There's some big shoes to fill, but I think the company can recover. However, instead of thinking to the future, we should honestly pay some respect, as many have done. He rose from the bottom, and got the top with his hard work, and he did some amazing things that few CEOs would do nowadays (IGN has a good article from 2012), like the pay cuts or being so vocal and open with fans. We don't know if we'll see another CEO with that kind of ability, but I can certainly say, rest in peace, Iwata. You've done a lot for the company, the industry, and gamers as a whole.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It feels like my eyes want to cry but they can't so it's hurting a ot.
Crying feels good, it lets you take out those feelings you have inside your body and after it you feel lighter, I just wish I could do it now

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I have seen some horrible things on twitter that have honestly made me sick to my stomach. I don't understand how some people can be so heartless...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/150713e-page-001.jpg
According to the Press Release, Miyamoto and Genyo Takeba are filling in for the moment. If I'm ninja'd, oh well.

There's some big shoes to fill, but I think the company can recover. However, instead of thinking to the future, we should honestly pay some respect, as many have done. He rose from the bottom, and got the top with his hard work, and he did some amazing things that few CEOs would do nowadays (IGN has a good article from 2012), like the pay cuts or being so vocal and open with ans. We don't know if we'll see another CEO with that kind of ability, but I can certainly say, rest in peace, Iwata. You've done a lot for the company, the industry, and gamers as a whole.

I feel like Nintendo will still stand strong. This time they will do more for Iwata's sake. I'm glad to hear the company is still in good hands

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No more Iwata Asks. There's so many things that have been lost. :(

I feel like Nintendo will still stand strong. This time they will do more for Iwata's sake. I'm glad to hear the company is still in good hands
Someone at Nintendo will go strong with handling the company, especially after a death.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As much as I love Miyamoto, directs will never be the same or Nintendo... I hope all can be well for them though.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo has passed away. He understood Pokemon well, and was an amazing leader. When I saw him the other day he looked healthy...from the bottom of my heart, may you rest in peace." (RT Nintendo's press release)
Masuda's Tweet

(Sorry I can't type right now)

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
This is a really simple thought, but I hope they continue to distribute the Iwata mii. I kinda want him to have a halo or wings or sparkles that only he has just to make him stand out even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom