• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I wonder if they'll put Iwata's puppet in the nintendo vault/display or if they still plan to use it...

Chrono.

This feels like a fever dream, I can't believe it's actually happening...

RIP Mr. Iwata

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Guess I will change my avatar to Iwata as well...

I'm sure he would want us all to vote for Chorus Kids.
I know, too soon ...

:urg:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Damn...what can I say that hasn't been said? I learn this as I am about to leave for the store, to finally pick up some Nintendo cards to buy Ryu and Lucas. I don't know what the future holds for Nintendo, but I know they will stand strong in the face of whatever comes, just as they always have. It hasn't really sunk in yet, it probably will when I try to lie down to sleep later, when I realize the immense contributions this man made to my childhood, and to my present day. Rest in peace, sir.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Seriously, I don't think I want to watch a video with Iwata again. It will only remind me that this wonderful man is dead. ;_;

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I guess I'll jump onto the Iwata avatar train. This man really needs all the respect he can get. He was a great icon in the gaming industry and did so much to change it. God bless you Iwata :crying:.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I should probably stay of this place for a few days, seeing all these pictures is even making me more sad.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pixels on a screen
Joy of games forever be
My condolences
found this somewhere else

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Japan ignores the negative.

It will be broadcast, but it won't get the collective mourning the rest of the world will do.

It's kind of neat in a way. A man loved by people around the world.
岩田さん and 岩田社長 are both treading on Twitter. There's a lot of mourning to be had. Reactions are generally the same as the West. A lot of people are saying 'he was so young...'. Some are saying, 'I wonder what will happen to Nintendo now', but mostly a lot of disbelief/ shock reactions.

I grew up with a playstation assuming moyamoto was the president. So i have/had very little connection to iwata.

But ive never seen a community do this other than maybe the death of robin willaims. There is a grand grouping of love being shown all over the place, for someone who lived in a different country . now someone like me who didnt know why to be sad, now people like me know why he will be missed.

The smash bros classic result theme has been playing in my head woefully for half an hour now

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
the only person to actually corroborate that image is the one who posted it, but Nice Facts

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
GG Swamp, you got me back :crying:

...Also I just realized something.
We have lost Monty Oum, James Horner, John Nash, B.B King, Christopher Lee, Leonard Nimoy, Satoru Iwata, Chikao Ohtsuka and Terry Pratchett so far during the year.

So many figure heads across so many different forms of media passing on within 6 months.
This is the year that will remembered as one of the hardest years to swallow for many, many people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom