• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Hell, we might even get a character reveal in the next direct. Sakurai works in mysterious ways. Not getting my hopes up too high though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
:4ness:To coincide with the title.:4lucas:
Have you ever had that one song you can't stop listening to, or can't get sick of hearing.
Well that song to me is Smiles and Tears.
Ever Since I heard it back when the Japan live streams where going on I instantly knew it would stick with me.
And Now nearly a Year Later I am still able to listen to it.
:ness2:No Matter what mood I am in.:lucas:
Never really took the time to listen to Smiles and Tears, I like it.
In regards to your question I have many examples, I'll list three of them.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Also, I forgot to mention, when I was reading the source gaming blog, I found it interesting that the characters on Sakurai's PowerPoint were 3 who DIDN'T leak during Gematsu. @ PushDustIn PushDustIn any thoughts on this?

And my Palutena and Ganondorf amiibo came last night. I now have them months ahead of my American friends.
I would also like to know PushDustin's thought on this.
I also see you have joined the Europe Master Race in terms of Amiibo :3

Never really took the time to listen to Smiles and Tears, I like it.
In regards to your question I have many examples, I'll list three of them.
Good Choice in Music Sir. =3

Aside from the Tournament mode and the youtube uploading feature, I'm in the same boat.

Maybe new game modes?
It would be great If for the one year anniversary they finally managed to get Ice Climbers working on the 3ds (chances of this happening are slim to none)
But either way you look at it.
They are going to have to be free to avoided the cut content claims.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Some days I wanna go to sleep and wake up 6 months later. Besides the mother of all bed sores, all the stuff I'm waiting for will have come ot and in the time it takes me to experience it all a new set of stuff will have happened. Ever feel like that?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Some days I wanna go to sleep and wake up 6 months later. Besides the mother of all bed sores, all the stuff I'm waiting for will have come ot and in the time it takes me to experience it all a new set of stuff will have happened. Ever feel like that?
Yeah, that's why I hate droughts. I just want new things to keep me interested, it adds some spice to life.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I just wanna know does anyone expect a character this august or just more mii outfits and the stages

D

Deleted member

I'm not even that thirsty for Smash info, just for all the games being released in in, what, 5 months from now?
The wait for Xenoblade X and Fire Emblem IF is killing me on the inside.
At least I have a bunch of stuff to watch starting next week(*cough*Gravity Falls*cough*Steven Universe*cough*) and Rick and Morty at the end of the month

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I wanted to go to sleep for 2 months when I realised the wait for Lucas.:4lucas:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Also, I forgot to mention, when I was reading the source gaming blog, I found it interesting that the characters on Sakurai's PowerPoint were 3 who DIDN'T leak during Gematsu. @ PushDustIn PushDustIn any thoughts on this?

And my Palutena and Ganondorf amiibo came last night. I now have them months ahead of my American friends.
There's actually another theory. This is the 2nd presentation, and those characters were just chosen. The first presentation happened before development had begun, in the middle of Kid Icarus: Uprising. I also wrote my detailed thoughts about Chrom here. I talk a bit about the slideshow and Gematsu there.

So....Sakurai filmed himself for most of the Subspace Emissary scenes, and the animators recreated them. Also, they wanted a different studio to make Subspace Emissary.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
if there was going to be another character, the most logical choice would be wolf. but i doubt we'll get anything beyond the tourney mode update.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I could see a character trailer happening, but I doubt one will get released.

Chrono.

I've been looking for SFV leaks from time to time but other than that, it's been pretty dry in the news department.

That and I've been lazy continuing games I started...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sakurai getting another company to produce Subspace would have been ideal. I'm not sure how much time actually went into it, but the rest of the game would only receive benefits as a result.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
One thing I've noticed about the DLC is that :4mewtwo::4lucas: both had at least trophies tied to them presnt in Smash 4 before their reveal. :4feroy::4ryu: (aside from a song) were not in the game at all until their reveal.
Here's how the other veterans look,
:wolf:: Trophy, 3 Songs, Lylat Cruise codec cameo, and Fox''s "Wolf Flash"
:popo::Trophy and song
:squirtle::trophy
:ivysaur::trophy
:snake::Nothing
:pichumelee::trophy
:younglinkmelee::trophy?

One thing I've noticed about the DLC is that :4mewtwo::4lucas: both had at least trophies tied to them presnt in Smash 4 before their reveal. :4feroy::4ryu: (aside from a song) were not in the game at all until their reveal.
Here's how the other veterans look,
:wolf:: Trophy, 3 Songs, Lylat Cruise codec cameo, and Fox''s "Wolf Flash"
:popo::Trophy and song
:squirtle::trophy
:ivysaur::trophy
:snake::Nothing
:pichumelee::trophy
:younglinkmelee::trophy?
With flc2 had trophies, 1 didnt, and the other was 3rd party. Sooooo no recognizable pattern? I dont get what this is an observation of.

Every vetersn but the 3rd party and young link has a trophy. So again. So what?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
With flc2 had trophies, 1 didnt, and the other was 3rd party. Sooooo no recognizable pattern? I dont get what this is an observation of.

Every vetersn but the 3rd party and young link has a trophy. So again. So what?
Just pointing out something.
We need villains, so Hades.
Hades should have been the 3rd Kid Icarus rep.

Last edited:
Hades would be amazing.

But so would Viridi.

Why must I have this internal conflict.
We should have both :awesome:

Although i dont think the wii u could handle that much snarkiness

although people can guess who i want first
Hades should have been the 3rd Kid Icarus rep.
im not sure hades would work as an alt for either ki character. Because that would be the only reason he would have even been considered. :p

NNID
Majorasmask66
We should have both :awesome:

Although i dont think the wii u could handle that much snarkiness

although people can guess who i want first

im not sure hades would work as an alt for either ki character. Because that would be the only reason he would have even been considered. :p
Sakurai should kill Dark Pit, then make Hades and Viridi playable. No not cut, KILL.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sakurai getting another company to produce Subspace would have been ideal. I'm not sure how much time actually went into it, but the rest of the game would only receive benefits as a result.
Brawl's development was essentially delayed because of Subspace. It took up a lot of development time and effort, as all of it was animated manually with no motion capturing. In a way, it's similar to co-developing the 3DS and Wii U versions at the same time but they had less people*, and two very different goals with Subspace and Brawl.

*Game Arts staff too.

D

Deleted member

Would your reasoning contain anything except "but melee!" and "Dr. Mario never used FLUDD!"?

If not, it's probably for the best that you didn't bother. Especially the latter.
I was going to make a response, but then I saw this post:

Yeeeaaaah, my point wasn't that Dr. Mario should be a costume. I prefer him as his own character, fully understand why he is one, and am well aware that "BUT MELEE!" isn't the only reason.

My point is that I think it's stupid people say Lucina and Pittoo should be costumes, but give Doc a free pass. The arguments that apply to Doc apply to them as well; "BUT MELEE!" is the only thing they lack that he has. For instance, the Tornado/FLUDD argument applies to Dark Pit as well, with the Three Sacred Treasures.
It seems what you were saying wasn't what I was interpreting out of it. My bad. I thought you were being pro-costume for both of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Brawl's development was essentially delayed because of Subspace. It took up a lot of development time and effort, as all of it was animated manually with no motion capturing. In a way, it's similar to co-developing the 3DS and Wii U versions at the same time but they had less people*, and two very different goals with Subspace and Brawl.

*Game Arts staff too.
Geez. I always knew it took a decent amount of time but that just sounds like hell.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
@Burb, a while ago you said something that struck my curiousity and I'm just now asking about it. You mentioned feeling confident about there being more than 2 characters left. We're pretty sure that there's no more Pre-Ballot DLC, so I'm kinda curious what your reasoning is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom