• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
:4drmario:

Hades: "He's a doctor too? Is there anything that guy can't do?"
Pit: "Uhh, win against me?"
Hades: "Puh-lease, he's more than capable of beating you, healing your wounds with these vitamins and beating you up again. Rinse and repeat!"
.....now I'm sad that Paper Mario codecs with her won;t happen :(

(even though I actually keep hopping tattles is a thing cause it;s jsut text....)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ehh they do movies for most of the legendaries, on the flipside there's been box legendaries with no movies either.
The only one that applies to is Ho-Oh.

Movie 2: Lugia
Movie 4: Suicune
Movie 6: Groudon (kinda)
Movie 7: Rayquaza
Movie 9: Kyogre
Movies 10-12: Dialga & Palkia
Movies 11 & 12: Giritina
Movie: 14: Reshiram/Zekrom
Movie 15: Kyryum

And so on so forth.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Those Guidances upset me due to how lazy they turned out.

I mean having Peppy and Slippy coming in for cameos for :4fox:&:4falco:, Hades talking crap about Pit with :4bowser:&:4ganondorf: around, having Phosphera show up during :4pikachu: and especially Doc Lewis for :4littlemac:.

As matter of fact speaking of Doc, why didn't he have any more Easter Eggs than taunt comments on he Boxing Ring with :4littlemac: on stage. Seriously, they missed out on so damn much and especially since they can't record any new ones for the DLC fighters

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm having too much fun with the Hades guidances :laugh:

:4myfriends:

Hades: "Oh my! This kinght slayed a goddess? I'm impressed!"
Pit: "Uhh, remember when I defeated you?"
Hades: "That doesn't count! I was fixing my hair when you blasted me."
Pit: "*sigh* Why do I even bother talking to you?"

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This is going nowhere...Dark Pit hates Pit and deliberately chooses to be different, why give him the exact moves? Granted, clone characters aren't as straining as original ones, but still, THAT'S what I don't see about Dark Pit in Smash

RIP Ho-oh

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Those Guidances upset me due to how lazy they turned out.

I mean having Peppy and Slippy coming in for cameos for :4fox:&:4falco:, Hades talking crap about Pit with :4bowser:&:4ganondorf: around, having Phosphera show up during :4pikachu: and especially Doc Lewis for :4littlemac:.

As matter of fact speaking of Doc, why didn't he have any more Easter Eggs than taunt comments on he Boxing Ring with :4littlemac: on stage. Seriously, they missed out on so damn much and especially since they can't record any new ones for the DLC fighters
Doc Louis codecs would've been perfect for the Boxing Ring stage :laugh:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what character I'd like to see despite being highly unlikely? Galacta Knight, he's got more than enough moveset potential as Meta Knight didn't have everything in his boss fights that Galacta can take over, he returned in Adventure Wii, is a Darkhorse and has an awesome battle theme that should have been in smash

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yeeeaaaah, my point wasn't that Dr. Mario should be a costume. I prefer him as his own character, fully understand why he is one, and am well aware that "BUT MELEE!" isn't the only reason.

My point is that I think it's stupid people say Lucina and Pittoo should be costumes, but give Doc a free pass. The arguments that apply to Doc apply to them as well; "BUT MELEE!" is the only thing they lack that he has. For instance, the Tornado/FLUDD argument applies to Dark Pit as well, with the Three Sacred Treasures.
That was actually why I crossed out my entire post. I've completely forgotten what the argument was about for some reason. My apologies, man. I actually felt dumb after realizing that fact :laugh:

Rereading what you've previously said, yeah, I agree. Dr. Mario using FLUDD would be just as weird as Dark Pit using the sacred treasures.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I wouldn't mind if Galacta Knight were in the game, but, I'd prefer him as a secret boss in an Adventure mode.

I mean, all bosses from Brawl had one thing in common: They were huge (except Tabuu but he doesn't behave like a character).

Galacta Knight would be around player size and would behave like a playable character, except his moveset would be broken as all hell. This makes him perfect Extra Boss material.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I actually have always wondered why they went with huge characters for bosses in Brawl and SSB4. I kind of wager it's coincidental or they deliberately did that to make the bosses feel more distinct from the regular fighters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I actually have always wondered why they went with huge characters for bosses in Brawl and SSB4. I kind of wager it's coincidental or they deliberately did that to make the bosses feel more distinct from the regular fighters.
I'm thinking it was the latter. Which is fine, I think larger characters work better as bosses anyway.
Wish we had a boss rush in Smash 4. I'd love to be able to take on Master Core/Fortress without having to deal with a whole bunch of input-reading fighters first.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, we know Sakurai thinks that thing on Pyrosphere is intimidating for size alone, so that's a good point

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'm thinking it was the latter. Which is fine, I think larger characters work better as bosses anyway.
Wish we had a boss rush in Smash 4. I'd love to be able to take on Master Core/Fortress without having to deal with a whole bunch of input-reading fighters first.
Hopefully it's DLC seeing how they have the announcer voice clip for it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hm...that is interesting. Maybe it is.
Maybe they could flesh out the boss battles mode and let you play as Ridley and Metal Face against other players. Probably wouldn't work but you never know.

With a new boss battles mode they could have:

- Yellow Devil
- Ridley
- Metal Face
- Master Hand
- Crazy Hand
- Master Core

Only six bosses but Master Core has like a hundred phases so it balances out.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Hm...that is interesting. Maybe it is.
Maybe they could flesh out the boss battles mode and let you play as Ridley and Metal Face against other players. Probably wouldn't work but you never know.

With a new boss battles mode they could have:

- Yellow Devil
- Ridley
- Metal Face
- Master Hand
- Crazy Hand
- Master Core

Only six bosses but Master Core has like a hundred phases so it balances out.
I would love to see the return of the subspace bosses.
Petey.
Porky.
Galleon.
Duon.
And Tabuu just to seal the deal.
You could even add Brawl's Design for Ridley. Even though that is truly a stretch. It is his Stock Icon though so.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
yay! so i finally got my lucina, robin, and rosalina amiibo in today! just gotta wait till the end of the week to get my dark pit, zero suit samus, palutena, and ganondorf amiibo, then it'll be 41 amiibos in my collection! can't wait!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Also, I forgot to mention, when I was reading the source gaming blog, I found it interesting that the characters on Sakurai's PowerPoint were 3 who DIDN'T leak during Gematsu. @PushDustIn any thoughts on this?

And my Palutena and Ganondorf amiibo came last night. I now have them months ahead of my American friends.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also, I forgot to mention, when I was reading the source gaming blog, I found it interesting that the characters on Sakurai's PowerPoint were 3 who DIDN'T leak during Gematsu. @PushDustIn any thoughts on this?

And my Palutena and Ganondorf amiibo came last night. I now have them months ahead of my American friends.
That was mentioned.
Personally I think he was trying to say: "Stop talking about Gematsu." :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I would love to see the return of the subspace bosses.
Petey.
Porky.
Galleon.
Duon.
And Tabuu just to seal the deal.
You could even add Brawl's Design for Ridley. Even though that is truly a stretch. It is his Stock Icon though so.
I wouldn't mind a Metal Battle with like Metal :4mario:&:4luigi: just like from Melee

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I am back full faced and bushy tailed.

Did I miss anything? What's this congratulations to Swamp for?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Wait, this is the perfect time to post Earthbound music

:ness:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
They confirmed that the next Pokemon Movie will Star Zygarde so that hints to me that the next Pokemon game will be Pokemon Z or ZX/ZY.

And if the NX is a handheld/console hybrid then we could have HD main Pokemon games for Gen 7. And then people will endlessly Chatot on about Sinnoh Remakes.
where did you hear this from?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
On one hand, I feel like I should catch up on everything I missed from this thread while I was at work today, or at least get back to the people that tagged me or replied to one of my posts.

On the other hand, meh.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I wonder when we'll get the new stages.

Also, I just realized that both Splatoon and Smash have major updates coming out during August :p
can you hear that? that rumbling in the distance?

that's the sound of smash fans creating conspiracies.
if you listen clearly you can almost hear them

Inklings confirmed! Shoo-ins! dates always line up for promotion!

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't even know what to expect anymore, since we got three characters and three stages in one update.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
:4ness:To coincide with the title.:4lucas:
Have you ever had that one song you can't stop listening to, or can't get sick of hearing.
Well that song to me is Smiles and Tears.
Ever Since I heard it back when the Japan live streams where going on I instantly knew it would stick with me.
And Now nearly a Year Later I am still able to listen to it.
:ness2:No Matter what mood I am in.:lucas:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom