• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Uprising showed that he had the exact same abilities as Pit, but a different personality. I don't see how this isn't the case in Sm4sh :glare:
Having the same abilities is different from having the same fighting style, that's where personality comes in
Dramatic effect.
Then that's dumb, especially with how the Dark Pit Guidance is completely screwed as Palutena didn't know where Dark Pit went

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wait, didn't Dark Pit reappeared at the very end of Uprising? I seem to recall he flew by or something?

Having the same abilities is different from having the same fighting style, that's where personality comes in

Then that's dumb, especially with how the Dark Pit Guidance is completely screwed as Palutena didn't know where Dark Pit went
or maybe he left AFTER that. They're both flying off together and for all we know they were celebrating and then dark pit left after crashing the party. but regardless you're claim that Dark pit has inifinite flight is wrong. (Source chapter 22 ending)
Wait, didn't Dark Pit reappeared at the very end of Uprising? I seem to recall he flew by or something?
he shows up for the end (after the boss) but doesnt say anything. Palutena DOES have control over his flight though.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's mostly due to looks and design more so than character for why Dark Pit is treated the way he is. Even changing his moveset won't do any good. It's just that Dark Pit is literally Pit with a different Side-B and :4zelda::4sheik: Final Smash. Doesn't matter how they're characterized, at the end of the day :4pit::4darkpit: look too similar and should just be an alt. If Sakurai is willing to make a goddamn new moveset for him, just make a brand new character than just giving a clone a unique moveset or do you want more ******** over Sakubias

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Dark Pit confirmed for Divekick

You heard it here first

Last edited:
Isn't that when he goes "Now THAT'S how you beat a boss!"? In the Japanese version, he says something about shattering his leg and how he's hurting like hell
which is really nice because it makes him seem less edgy and more of a regular character which most people need chapter 22 to notice. and that is even if they do. :urg:
Eeyup. Most epic line of the game, IMO.
"when freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade"
-Hades

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Real talk, I want Hades in Smash soooo bad. Never happening though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
"when freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade"
-Hades
That's cheating! Every single line from Hades goes from gold to diamond in this game :glare:
Also, he may or may not be my favorite video game character ever.... >.<

False.
FLOOR ICE CREAM GIVES YOU HEALTH!
Epic? No. Funny as ****? EEYUP!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
No, Yahtzee Croshaw didn't like it therefore it's absolutely horrible.

What I genuinely don't understand is how he doesn't appear in the Guidances
He shouldv'e been a stage boss on Palutena's temple AND appeared in guidances. I would love hearing him trashtalk other villains.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Realtalk, something I like about smash fans is when they make their own guidances for characters they want, I have an idea for Ridley.
Hades:"Could you kill him Pitty Pat? He's been escaping me all the time" Pit:"This dumb thing won't last long!" Ridley:*angry roaring* Palutena:"Er...Pit? Ridley's made a giant robot and can understand us"

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hades in guidances would've been the best things ever. I'd spends entire days just listening to them.

Hades: "Make him perform his Side Special near the ledge. Insta-KO!" :4littlemac:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Dark Pit is his own character, sure, he was cloned from Pit, but character wise, he's much different, he actively avoids doing what Pit does...Until he finds out that he dies if Pit dies. This is even reflected in the game, as if you shoot Dark Pit when he's on your side, he'll shoot you right back
I'm aware, but as I said, the comment you first replied to simply stated that Dark Pit was literally Pit's clone. The OP wasn't talking about Smash, which is where the confusion happened. Don't worry, it was an honest mistake. I made the same mistake a while back when someone said that Mewtwo was a clone. :laugh:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They confirmed that the next Pokemon Movie will Star Zygarde so that hints to me that the next Pokemon game will be Pokemon Z or ZX/ZY.

And if the NX is a handheld/console hybrid then we could have HD main Pokemon games for Gen 7. And then people will endlessly Chatot on about Sinnoh Remakes.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Burb no offense but this is kinda silly. What if people just prefer the tornado over the FLUDD? Or like having the two differenate a bit more by one having FLUDD and the other don't? Those two were certainly my reasons why I don't really want Dr. Mario with FLUDD, hence me really not comfortable with him being an alt at all.

The "BUT MELEE" is kind of an annoying assumption, I'll be real.

I won't justify people seriously wanting Lucina and Dark Pits to be alts instead of characters though. That **** is really shortsighted and dumb.

Ehhh, on second thought. I think I've entirely misunderstood what you're saying. Feel free to ignore.
Yeeeaaaah, my point wasn't that Dr. Mario should be a costume. I prefer him as his own character, fully understand why he is one, and am well aware that "BUT MELEE!" isn't the only reason.

My point is that I think it's stupid people say Lucina and Pittoo should be costumes, but give Doc a free pass. The arguments that apply to Doc apply to them as well; "BUT MELEE!" is the only thing they lack that he has. For instance, the Tornado/FLUDD argument applies to Dark Pit as well, with the Three Sacred Treasures.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Real talk, I want Hades in Smash soooo bad. Never happening though.
You really want some Metrosexual James Wood wannabe than the pure dark queen of the Underworld

You disgust me. Medusa 4 Lyfe
You don't know how bad I want Cree Summers' sexy voice in Smash. She makes any man (and even women) melt with her voice

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
They confirmed that the next Pokemon Movie will Star Zygarde so that hints to me that the next Pokemon game will be Pokemon Z or ZX/ZY.

And if the NX is a handheld/console hybrid then we could have HD main Pokemon games for Gen 7. And then people will endlessly Chatot on about Sinnoh Remakes.
They confirmed they'll probably never do console games for mainseries pokemon.
Zygarde had 2 hidden Signature Moves jn XY, right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They confirmed they'll probably never do console games for mainseries pokemon.
Zygarde had 2 hidden Signature Moves jn XY, right?
Yes, but the NX muddies the water on that so if not on the NX they'd either pull a Black and White by making it for the 3DS or go mobile.
And yes, Thousand arrows which is a ground move that says **** you to flying types, Freeze Dry style and Thousand Waves which is an attack and mean look all in one.

Chrono.

Ehh they do movies for most of the legendaries, on the flipside there's been box legendaries with no movies either.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
No it doesn't. Dark Pit's character is being the opposite of Pit, yet he has almost exactly the same moveset
He's not the opposite, he's literally a clone of pit in his own game. They WOULD fight similarly. They've given him alterations in some moves and his taunts to show his different attitude.

He's fine as is.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
:4drmario:

Hades: "He's a doctor too? Is there anything that guy can't do?"
Pit: "Uhh, win against me?"
Hades: "Puh-lease, he's more than capable of beating you, healing your wounds with these vitamins and beating you up again. Rinse and repeat!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He's not the opposite, he's literally a clone of pit in his own game. They WOULD fight similarly. They've given him alterations in some moves and his taunts to show his different attitude.

He's fine as is.
This is going nowhere...Dark Pit hates Pit and deliberately chooses to be different, why give him the exact moves? Granted, clone characters aren't as straining as original ones, but still, THAT'S what I don't see about Dark Pit in Smash
Ehh they do movies for most of the legendaries, on the flipside there's been box legendaries with no movies either.
RIP Ho-oh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom