• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Azura: as mentioned before, lance user and dancer, long range, dancing acts like a personal buff, can be extended to allies in doubles
Aegislash: Enough sword users, let's have an ACTUAL sword
Wonder-Red: Use of Unite Hand to make moves stronger totally not personal bias
Henry Fleming(Code Name STEAM): management of steam for long range attacks.

Machamp: Heavy powerhouse, specials are Superpower(Powerful but reduces damage received and given), Seismic Toss(Jumps upwards, command grab, knockback scales according to damage %), Knock Off(Damage is doubled if the opponent is holding an item while forcing it to be dropped), Counter(User still receives damage but grants super-armor, counters the first hitbox to connect with 2.0X its original power, all other hitbox that connect during the move will still damage it but won't force Machamp out of super armor)
Hold on, there's more:
Side-Smash: Brick Break, powerful shield damage.
Up-Smash: Sky-Uppercut, great vertical reach
Down-Smash: Knockback Growth is based on opponents' Weight

It's funny because I just made up Machamp's moveset

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, a better description for Wolf Link/Midna: Cooperative Shadow Magic and Feral Attacks.

I've also added Non-Combatant Support to describe Reporter's role.
Wrestler does the fighting. Reporter cheers him on and gives him the beat required for the rhythm boosts in strength.
That's exactly how I imagined they fight.
Do you think the reporter could function like Pokemon Trainer but actually on the stage?

Khoru

Smash Champion
Azura: as mentioned before, lance user and dancer, long range, dancing acts like a personal buff, can be extended to allies in doubles
Aegislash: Enough sword users, let's have an ACTUAL sword
wow aegislash would be really neat

i do hope azura gets in ssb5. she's like chrom in her role in FE but she's.... well, not chrom

D

Deleted member

wow aegislash would be really neat

i do hope azura gets in ssb5. she's like chrom in her role in FE but she's.... well, not chrom
Currently, she has the fact that we already have one avatar.
And Kamui only uses a sword in his/her base class anyways

Khoru

Smash Champion
Currently, she has the fact that we already have one avatar.
And Kamui only uses a sword in his/her base class anyways
yeah but they're also a manakete? sort of
if we were to get a manakete, tiki would be so much better
i'm still waiting for anna though. she reaaaally should be in smash

D

Deleted member

@PushDustIn

.....something doesn't add up to the point that there may be a legitimate contradiction in what Sakurai said for once.
In today's article, you mentioned that Sakurai had said Robin had just been decided on August 20th of 2012.

In yesterday's article, translation in Sakurai's book in regards to the project proposal included the following:
"All fighters on the roster are decided from the beginning, along with themes to help bring out their unique attributes."
"Before deciding on the roster, I do some preliminary research on demand and popularity, but I don't make any changes once the project is in motion."

Since the "beginning" dates back to at least April 26th of 2012, that would mean Robin would have to have been proposed back then instead of Chrom, but Robin was said to be decided months later. Which would be a change while the project is in motion.

Is there something I've overlooked that would clear this up for me?

Last edited by a moderator:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
@PushDustIn

.....something doesn't add up to the point that there may be a legitimate contradiction in what Sakurai said for once.
In today's article, you mentioned that Sakurai had said Robin had just been decided on August 20th of 2012.

In yesterday's article, translation in Sakurai's book in regards to the project proposal included the following:
"All fighters on the roster are decided from the beginning, along with themes to help bring out their unique attributes."
"Before deciding on the roster, I do some preliminary research on demand and popularity, but I don't make any changes once the project is in motion."

Since the "beginning" dates back to at least April 26th of 2012, that would mean Robin would have to have been proposed back then instead of Chrom, but Robin was said to be decided months later. Which would be a change while the project is in motion.

Is there something I've overlooked that would clear this up for me?
I think the solution to that was the suggestion made in the Chrom article that both he and Robin were planned from the beginning. August would've been when Sakurai fully committed to Robin and cut Chrom. Maybe they were between the two of them, or maybe they were planning both.

My personal theory is that if they were planning both, Sakurai wasn't opposed to 4 Fire Emblem characters on the roster to begin with, and that is why Lucina made sense to be the first clone to split off, not Dr. Mario. It could also explain why she has (at least) two unique animations that the other clones do not have. After starting work on her, they decided to make both Doc and Dark Pit into their own characters since they had differentiations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hm...
You know, the only reason I didn't actively support them is because I didn't know how to implement the Reporter...
Brb posting in the support thread (it's dead though isn't it?)
Yeah, it is.
I could request it be unlocked, though, I think.

D

Deleted member

I think the solution to that was the suggestion made in the Chrom article that both he and Robin were planned from the beginning. August would've been when Sakurai fully committed to Robin and cut Chrom. Maybe they were between the two of them, or maybe they were planning both.

My personal theory is that if they were planning both, Sakurai wasn't opposed to 4 Fire Emblem characters on the roster to begin with, and that is why Lucina made sense to be the first clone to split off, not Dr. Mario. It could also explain why she has (at least) two unique animations that the other clones do not have. After starting work on her, they decided to make both Doc and Dark Pit into their own characters since they had differentiations.
It makes me wonder why Chrom would even be on the project proposal in the first place if Sakurai couldn't find any unique theme for him....

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So @PushDustIn just gave me the green light to produce an article you guys might like. I've never done a project this massive in scale before. So, it will take some time. I will say this though. This project will try to give a behind the scenes look at one of the most mysterious events to happen within' Smash's history. I'm definitely excited for this project, and hopefully you guys will enjoy the end result. Make sure to stay subscribed to sourcegaming.info for more information coming out soon about this project.
EDIT: Just to give you guys a time frame, I'm aiming it to begin it on Monday.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
So @PushDustIn just gave me the green light to produce an article you guys might like. I've never done a project this massive in scale before. So, it will take some time. I will say this though. This project will try to give a behind the scenes look at one of the most mysterious events to happen within' Smash's history. I'm definitely excited for this project, and hopefully you guys will enjoy the end result.
Is it Gematsu? I remember the article about Chrom said a Gematsu piece was coming soon.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I thought Dr. Mario has unique animations? His Dr. Tornado seems like it's different than Mario's d-air.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
It makes me wonder why Chrom would even be on the project proposal in the first place if Sakurai couldn't find any unique theme for him....
Well he did, supposedly. He had a moveset idea. Kind of what the fans were thinking - he'd be in between Ike and Marth. I would guess the reason we didn't get Chrom as an Ike alt/clone is because Chrom can't do Ike's version of Aether.

Though it does seem somewhat unfair since Alph doesn't use Olimar's ship.

Khoru

Smash Champion
So @PushDustIn just gave me the green light to produce an article you guys might like. I've never done a project this massive in scale before. So, it will take some time. I will say this though. This project will try to give a behind the scenes look at one of the most mysterious events to happen within' Smash's history. I'm definitely excited for this project, and hopefully you guys will enjoy the end result. Make sure to stay subscribed to sourcegaming.info for more information coming out soon about this project.
EDIT: Just to give you guys a time frame, I'm aiming it to begin it on Monday.
finally, an article about ridley in the clouds

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I thought Dr. Mario has unique animations? His Dr. Tornado seems like it's different than Mario's d-air.
I haven't looked close enough, though I know Luigi has a similar animation also. It's completely possible. Just a guess/though on my part. I'll have to look at the game later.

D

Deleted member

In fairness, Olimar doesn't use Olimar's ship anymore.
It was wrecked in Pikmin 3.

The trophy for End of Day implies that Olimar loans the Hocotate Ship to Alph in Smash, considering it shows both Olimar and Alph in the ship.

D

Deleted member

Well he did, supposedly. He had a moveset idea. Kind of what the fans were thinking - he'd be in between Ike and Marth. I would guess the reason we didn't get Chrom as an Ike alt/clone is because Chrom can't do Ike's version of Aether.

You mean animataion wise or skill-effect wise? Because

Chrom could have been playable WITH robin but wasnt. This displeases me greatly.

The wrestler is also easily my favorite Rhythm Heaven character but it's pretty much just from the many many edits. Of coursre I havent exactly played Rhythm heaven before. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Chrom could have been playable WITH robin but wasnt. This displeases me greatly.
The wrestler is also easily my favorite Rhythm Heaven character but it's pretty much just from the many many edits. Of coursre I havent exactly played Rhythm heaven before. :p
Yeah, I honestly would have preferred having all three characters, alts or no, than having 2/3. Even if I like the two thirds we got way more.
I was introduced to Rhythm Heaven and Ringside through this:
Not ashamed to admit that at all. :)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I know, Chrom AND Robin would've been an amazing hype reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom