• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I've honestly not touched the 3ds version once in 8 months. I see why it appeals to some people, but I just can't play it anymore.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Smash and All Stars are two entirely different games. Smash's roster is really important, especially to gameplay. Nintendo knows this. All Stars can survive without a few characters from the console version.
And Smash 3DS couldn't survive without 1 character that it couldn't have anyway?

U wot m8.

I've honestly not touched the 3ds version once in 8 months. I see why it appeals to some people, but I just can't play it anymore.
Last I played of it was when Mewtwo came out, out of obligation because I used the code. Prior to that I hadn't played it since the Wii U one launched.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I wish they would port over some of the stages from the 3DS version to the Wii U version, upgrade them to HD and sell them as DLC. I would happily pay money for that.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I wish they would port over some of the stages from the 3DS version to the Wii U version, upgrade them to HD and sell them as DLC. I would happily pay money for that.
Yes please.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So... just asking, would anyone be interested in seeing my Nintendo Collection? Finally able to take pictures, and I wanted to brag. Or, something. c:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Arena Ferox, Magicant, Corneria, Mute City and Pac-Maze on Wii U would be awesome

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
1. Gerudo Valley - more Zelda music
2. Paper Mario - more Paper Mario music
3. Arena Ferox - more Fire Emblem music
4. Prism Tower - more Pokemon music
5. Rainbow Road HD - more Mario Kart music

Um...I like music.

EDIT: Oh and uh, Magicant I guess.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just want a Mother stage. Fourside, New Pork, Magicant. Pls samurai

Soul.

You can have your 3DS stages, but only if the 3DS gets something in return.
....Smashville?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
1. Gerudo Valley - more Zelda music
2. Paper Mario - more Paper Mario music
3. Arena Ferox - more Fire Emblem music
4. Prism Tower - more Pokemon music
5. Rainbow Road HD - more Mario Kart music

Um...I like music.

EDIT: Oh and uh, Magicant I guess.
Seriously though, I'm totally down for adding more music to the game. Particularly re: Prism Tower. I'm still bitter that Lumiose City's music isn't in the Wii U version honestly, because I really like that music. Basically every time I play the 3DS version I end up booting up Prism Tower for the sole purpose of hearing that music (and 75% of the time end up getting the Battle music and have to restart lol).

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Having the same stages and modes on Wii U kind of defeats the purpose of the 3DS version, doesn't it?

That's the point of having two versions of the same game, exclusive features that make you want to buy that version.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
For anyone who has Woolly World, how do you select default Yoshi after you've used an Amiibo? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Seriously though, I'm totally down for adding more music to the game. Particularly re: Prism Tower. I'm still bitter that Lumiose City's music isn't in the Wii U version honestly, because I really like that music. Basically every time I play the 3DS version I end up booting up Prism Tower for the sole purpose of hearing that music (and 75% of the time end up getting the Battle music and have to restart lol).
You know you can hold R, right? Lol.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
And Smash 3DS couldn't survive without 1 character that it couldn't have anyway?

U wot m8.
Except I didn't say that. My point was that one of Smash's biggest draws is its roster, and considering that the 3DS and Wii U versions were advertised as having the same gameplay since the start, the roster would no doubt be a part of that. They wanted to satisfy both crowds.

All Stars 3DS was clearly going to be inferior to the console versions. They didn't make any claims that it wouldn't. Smash 3DS was intended to be a counterpart to the Wii U version. They have different modes and stages, but that's to actually set them apart. There's a big difference between stages/modes and actual characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah. The soundtrack is honestly the most lacking part of Smash for me so any new stages excites me simply for the music.
Though, I can't believe we didn't get Guile's Theme and Masked Dedede from Suzaku Castle and Dreamland 64 respectively.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I always go Gaur Plains Omega or Onett Omega purely because of the music, so I definitely agree. Dream Land 64 brought some good pieces, so I hope Hyrule Castle 64 gets some good Zelda music.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I never play the Wii U version, since I think the 3DS one is leagues better. I haven't redeemed any codes on it but I have 3.

still hopes for Lopunny in Pokkén

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Having the same stages and modes on Wii U kind of defeats the purpose of the 3DS version, doesn't it?

That's the point of having two versions of the same game, exclusive features that make you want to buy that version.
Well, there's also just the accessibility for people who have one system but not the other. Still, Nintendo emphasized buying both versions enough that I think any owners of both of them would feel kind of ripped off if everything got ported over to Wii U. I'm pretty torn myself, because on the one hand I want more content on the Wii U version, but on the other hand, I don't want so much 3DS content on there that I boot up the 3DS version even less than I do now.

Honestly the one thing that bugs me about the 3DS having alternate content is that none of my friends own the 3DS version so we always just played on the Wii U version, which means that I've experienced the Wii U content more and in a more enjoyable manner than I probably ever will the 3DS content.

You know you can hold R, right? Lol.
Since nothing in-game ever mentioned that to my recollection, no, I had no idea. Thanks for pointing that out.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I would like some nice Majora's mask music. It IS a 64 stage after all.

Soul.

Well, there's at least custom music I guess....
Why didn't they have a custom music feature from the get-go?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Since nothing in-game ever mentioned that to my recollection, no, I had no idea. Thanks for pointing that out.
Same as in Melee, I believe. You can also hold L when selecting Boxing Ring to get the 'Smash' version of the stage, or when selecting GB Dream Land to get a monochrome version.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Seeing as how dreamland 64 and suzaku castle are able to play on 8 player smash what are the odds that all of the dlc stages will be able to do 8-player smash

Last edited by a moderator:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Same as in Melee, I believe. You can also hold L when selecting Boxing Ring to get the 'Smash' version of the stage, or when selecting GB Dream Land to get a monochrome version.
Oh, cool, didn't know that either.

Yeah, see, if this had been last generation's Smash I probably would've figured out at least the music part accidentally just by nature of instinctually hitting R after selecting a match, because Melee got me in that habit. :p

AreJay25

Seeing as how dreamland 64 and suzaku castle are able to play on 8 player smash what are the odds that all of the dlc stages will be able to do 8-player smash
I think it's pretty much a given that Hyrule Castle will be one of them lol. I could definitely see all DLC stages being for 8-player Smash. More bang for your buck.

D

Deleted member

I really want to see 3DS stages being ported to the Wii U version, mainly Arena Ferox and Unova League so we have an excuse to get more Awakening music(and possibly Fates too, now that it's out) and Gen 5 music(THERE'S ONLY THREE MUSIC TRACKS FROM GEN 5, WHOEVER ALLOWED THIS SHOULD BE FIRED)

Except several games were impossible to make on the system. There's more to console powers than just graphics.

I thought a lot of you would have learned about that after seeing how much the 3DS held Smash Bros back.
The Wii sold much more than the PS3 and the XBOX360.
This is what I'm talking about, it doesn't matter how powerful a console is, the weaker one is actually the one that sells better most of the time(i.e. PS2 was weaker than the GC and the XBOX(?), but it is the best selling console of all time)

AreJay25

Pokemon ORAS came out on the same day as Smash Wii U. It saddens me that they didn't even try to get some music from that game into Smash.

This is the part where Saffron City comes into play

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
If Saffron City returns, I'd hope they'd have some kind of Mewtwo theme there. Mewtwo's theme is basically just a remix of the Wild Kanto battle theme, but still. Also, Rocket music. Would make sense, given the Rocket takeover of Silph Co.
Aside from that, really hoping Bowser's Theme (Super Mario 64), or at least Bowser's Road from the same game make it as tracks for Peach's Castle 64.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Miiverse is a DLC stage too, y'know
eh i see it more as a free update stage.I mean i didn't have to pay for miiverse so i dont see it as DLC
I think it's pretty much a given that Hyrule Castle will be one of them lol. I could definitely see all DLC stages being for 8-player Smash. More bang for your buck.
Yeah if hyrule castle isn't 8-players i'll scratch my head

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Pokemon ORAS came out on the same day as Smash Wii U. It saddens me that they didn't even try to get some music from that game into Smash.

This is the part where Saffron City comes into play
And then we only get Gen 1 music :troll:
Gen 1 music is not even good tbh, and there's a bunch of it, the only good one is Blue's champion theme but we don't have that yet.
Also, PS2's music selection is terrible, only the RSY to save it from the all the Gen 1 and 4 music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom