• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still believe :4shulk: was a last minute addition before development. I just believe Nintendo influence the decision more than Sakurai himself but he was probably cool with him since he liked Xenoblade.

Also :4littlemac: probably had some pull from NOA due to his popularity here in the West and :4lucas::4mewtwo:&:wolf: wasn't high on Sakurai's priority list for characters

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
That's actually interesting that Sakurai proposed Robin, Duck Hunt Dog and Rosalina before game development began. It kind of kills the whole notion that the Gematsu Leak was early plans of the roster (potentially, we don't know what goes behind closed doors XD). Does Sakurai mention any fighters that were scrapped for the main game?
I think that would just cause some people to get upset, wouldn't you say? :p
It's no surprise, but he did not mention any characters that didn't make the roster.

So...what does that make of Chrom?

He was planned at some point, no?
I'm not sure what to think about Chrom. @ PushDustIn PushDustIn suggested that maybe they were both planned at one point, but who knows. Sakurai has directly stated he considered him, so if it was a word of mouth leak then maybe that's how Gematsu happened. Of note is that the three slides with newcomers all contain non-Gematsu characters.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm surprised he didn't show them Dark Pit :p
Sakurai publicly stated that the three clones were last-minute additions that were originally just Alph-style costumes.

So there's really no way he could've been shown off in the slides.

I still believe :4shulk: was a last minute addition before development. I just believe Nintendo influence the decision more than Sakurai himself but he was probably cool with him since he liked Xenoblade.

Also :4littlemac: probably had some pull from NOA due to his popularity here in the West and :4lucas::4mewtwo:&:wolf: wasn't high on Sakurai's priority list for characters
I don't see any reason whatsoever to think that Nintendo said "PUT SHULK IN!".

Is this one of those advertising theories? Because those have absolutely no backing to them.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yo Dont feel bad, I haven't played in a long time~ How about we share?
Also yay, I made a new friend today
If you haven't played in a long time, you're still less scrubby than some friends of mine. I once got 40% in the whole match against a friend. They were careless and got killed twice by The Heel Of Shame. After getting 40% I went full combo mode and ended them with the knee. I wasn't even used to the controls then. Despite the previously mentioned rekoning with Fire Fox, I'm not that good. Had you gotten more practice, you'd have probably won at least 1 match

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Pluzzle Plank Galaxy. I thought I recognised her.
Sleepy me is lewd~
Who makes a room? For the match, not the milk
Yes, I was indeed talking about the RNG Goddess

Red Heads. :roymelee::roypm::4feroy:
View attachment 59903
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 kill @ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon thanks to vanroose and of course @ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 is just out picking flowers
:4lucas:Just casually picking flowers for Lucas. Don't mind me :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If you haven't played in a long time, you're still less scrubby than some friends of mine. I once got 40% in the whole match against a friend. They were careless and got killed twice by The Heel Of Shame. After getting 40% I went full combo mode and ended them with the knee. I wasn't even used to the controls then. Despite the previously mentioned rekoning with Fire Fox, I'm not that good. Had you gotten more practice, you'd have probably won at least 1 match
Oh god That Knee of Electrified Justice
Well that's sad. I didn't even rack up a killing streak.
How depressing...
You are like me and the Other Socials Hunger Games, I never get a kill

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh god That Knee of Electrified Justice

You are like me and the Other Socials Hunger Games, I never get a kill
There's a reason my friends don't like playing Smash with me anymore. I 3 stocked my closest friend with his main, a character I wasn't good at. He barely couldn't grab the ledge. I went for the disrespect. He no longer wanted to play

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
View attachment 59906
Blue is really angry he kills @Roger Smith for no reason. Also @ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix kills him.Silly Cyber
@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix Even in here you mess up
There's a reason my friends don't like playing Smash with me anymore. I 3 stocked my closest friend with his main, a character I wasn't good at. He barely couldn't grab the ledge. I went for the disrespect. He no longer wanted to play
I think you are a good player~ you sure are making me want to get better although, I think I did pretty ok but I can stand to practice more.

Thanks for the fun matches~

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
i didn;t weven know you were posting the results, please tell me in irc before :)

So, discover a cave.....

Well, you can kill people with rocks i guess :)

for those who don;t know, I killed a lot in these games on the other social thread so it began to be a joke that I'm a serial killer :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sakurai publicly stated that the three clones were last-minute additions that were originally just Alph-style costumes.

So there's really no way he could've been shown off in the slides.

I don't see any reason whatsoever to think that Nintendo said "PUT SHULK IN!".

Is this one of those advertising theories? Because those have absolutely no backing to them.
I believe that somewhat. It's just what Sakurai said when he first revealed him

"He's not a type of character you'll see in Smash Bros"

I'm going to win the Hunger Games.

Calling it now.
You and 8 other people alive

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix Even in here you mess up

I think you are a good player~ you sure are making me want to get better although, I think I did pretty ok but I can stand to prctice mor.

Thanks for the fun matches~

I was getting worried in my Roy match, and you got closest with Sheik, you've got enough potential.

Also, I want to be in the next Hunger Games thingy.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I believe that somewhat. It's just what Sakurai said when he first revealed him

"He's not a type of character you'll see in Smash Bros"
.....And how exactly does that equate to "I didn't intend to put him in, but Nintendo made me!"?

Shulk is from a second party JRPG game that has ties to two franchises that were exclusive to Sony platforms. He's really not the kind of character who people would usually expect to see in Smash.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Shulk's project plan says November 2012.

I'm like the friendliest guy ever in this Hunger Games simulator. Hoping hands, picking flowers...

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Gematsu is a very weird topic in the Smash community. It's something that has alot of mystery surrounding it. It got alot of the characters right, but still had alot of inconsistences like Robin, Duck Hunt, etc. The thing is, Sakurai probably considers at least thousands of characters everyday and probably planned a couple for Smash 4 that didn't make the cut. That being said, I believe the reason Chorus Kids and Chrom were specifically mentioned because they probably were in development at one point.

If you look at the Chorus Kids, dataminers (Source Gaming A.K.A @ PushDustIn PushDustIn ) found a Rhythm Heaven icon in the characters folder of Smash Wii U. That makes me think that they had to be in development for quite sometime and were scrapped very late into development.

As for Chrom, he does have a model in the game (even though it doesn't mean anything) and his trophy pose could potentially be a render as it is a fighting pose (not really a good reason either, but trying my best :p). So that's why they were maybe featured in the leak.

That's just my guess though. I'm really horrible when it comes to explaining things (and coming up with good reasonings), but I just wanted to get my thoughts out on the whole thing XD.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Alright, even though I should be sleeping. Add mah friend code. Unless you don't have Smash U. I will show that only I get to marry that handsome devil!
why have joker when you have nishiki :drohyou:
Why would anyone pick Hoshido? Betray the ones that raised you, get a bunch of terrible waifus, your lobster samurai brother and basically casual mode
OR
Choose Nohr, get best FEA children, waifu harem, sexy older brother, Foleo as best husbando and it's more challenging
because of nishiki and sakura of course!! :happysheep:

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst

I'm like the friendliest guy ever in this Hunger Games simulator. Hoping hands, picking flowers...
There's more to the project plan that hasn't been translated?

Do you guys plan on doing those, too, or did you go as far as you're willing?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
.....And how exactly does that equate to "I didn't intend to put him in, but Nintendo made me!"?

Shulk is from a second party JRPG game that has ties to two franchises that were exclusive to Sony platforms. He's really not the kind of character who people would usually expect to see in Smash.
I didn't say that Sakurai didn't want him in but wasn't on his priority list until some suggestions came up and he decided.

You're making it sound like Shulk was never ever considered. He was and probably was planned as well but I think he had some outside help IMO. Not like :4greninja: but he was probably the last character probably considered.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
There's more to the project plan that hasn't been translated?

Do you guys plan on doing those, too, or did you go as far as you're willing?
I'm willing to transcribe if provided the material. :)
I'm not sure what all the book says. I used the resources Dustin gave me.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I didn't say that Sakurai didn't want him in but wasn't on his priority list until some suggestions came up and he decided.

You're making it sound like Shulk was never ever considered. He was and probably was planned as well but I think he had some outside help IMO. Not like :4greninja: but he was probably the last character probably considered.
Uhhh......no, I'm saying there's no reason to think what you're thinking, and I cannot comprehend how you took Sakurai's comment to mean that.

Not to mention this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom