• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Wow, Nintendo did a great job with the NWC 2015. My favorite part was when Miyamoto appeared at the end to greet the winner. By the way, has anyone datamined the 3DS update yet?
Yeah, there was a post on Reddit earlier.

Nothing major was found. The only mildly interesting thing was that the Fountain of Dreams theme was inexplicably added to the 3DS version despite not playing in the 3DS' Dream Land 64.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Why is Lucas so good? Ive been landing Up Smashes and Meteor Smash Back Airs with him and its so satisfying. Putting him on my Mains list. Ryu needs work. Bought Roy but I refuse to use him XD Im no good with him. :4lucas:

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Going through images of the Miiverse stage...

How long do you suspect it'll stay with us?

It's going to go the way of SwapNote if it keeps on it's current path.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Aren't there supposed to be moderators to filter the posts? Why aren't they, you know, filtering?

Also, why isn't the stage playable online? :(

Burb

The Absolute Worst
So... are you guys expecting something Smash related at E3? Like Wolf or a hint?
I think it's pretty unlikely.
I'm pretty sure we're done with Smash news for a while.

Swapnote had a photo sharing system. It wasn't just dirty drawings that got it canned, it was IRL nude photos.

The Miiverse stage is no different than the Splatoon graffiti or the loading screen popups seen in Super Mario 3D World and New Super Mario Bros. U. Obviously some naughty stuff will go undetected, but I don't think it'll get erased from the game due to that.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Aren't there supposed to be moderators to filter the posts? Why aren't they, you know, filtering?

Also, why isn't the stage playable online? :(
Maybe because they don't want people to see the non-filtered nature?

I don't know, but so many many penises. So so so many vulgar jokes and words.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Why is Lucas so good? Ive been landing Up Smashes and Meteor Smash Back Airs with him and its so satisfying.
In the competitive forums people are saying that Lucas is pretty mediocre actually, but not as bad as Mewtwo.
I'm pretty sure we're done with Smash news for a while.
Time to wait 4 months for more Smash news!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Being at work today is killing me. I have played 25 seconds of Lucas and that is all.

I want to try everyone out SO BAD.

This has put new life into the game. DLC rocks.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
In the competitive forums people are saying that Lucas is pretty mediocre actually, but not as bad as Mewtwo.

Time to wait 4 months for more Smash news!
I wouldn't say 4 months.

Tournament Mode is coming in August, and I doubt it's coming alone, seeing as how we've still got the K.K. Slider Mii costume and those two N64 stages. It's possible those things could all be part of the same update.

So just how are people supposed to stay excited until the ballot ends? Without a character to look forward to, there's no hype.
There's an update in August.

And we went from November to April knowing about no additional content besides Mewtwo, Miiverse, and Tournament Mode. I think we can last from June to October knowing nothing other than two stages and some mystery characters.

Last edited:

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
So just how are people supposed to stay excited until the ballot ends? Without a character to look forward to, there's no hype.
ballot ends in november, at worst we'll get a character announced then. thats not to far away.
I could still see another character or two though, to fill the time.

Whether it happens or not though, says a lot about the other marios.
I'm predicting the next big wave of Smash news is going to happen in August, when the tourney mode releases.
I wouldn't say 4 months.

Tournament Mode is coming in August, and I doubt it's coming alone, seeing as how we've still got the K.K. Slider Mii costume and those two N64 stages. It's possible those things could all be part of the same update.

And we went from November to April knowing about no additional content besides Mewtwo, Miiverse, and Tournament Mode. I think we can last from June to October knowing nothing other than three stages and mystery characters.
yeah, August seems likely. considering this event though, who knows when they'll tell us.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I feel like the chances for another reveal would have been higher if the 3DS had some secret files again. Since it doesn't, I'm not expecting anything soon.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
yeah, August seems likely. considering this event though, who knows when they'll tell us.
If they were gonna announce something else, I think they'd have done it today. I mean, it's possible, but I don't think it's a very likely possibility at all.

The whole "They'll announce Wolf along with Star Fox U!", "They'll announce Wonder Red along with The Wonderful 102!" batch of theories aren't as solid as people seem to think.

Yeah, just gimme me Mario Kart 8 DLC please. Smash is good for now.
I'm pretty sure Mario Kart 8 DLC is finished.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I wouldn't say 4 months.

And we went from November to April knowing about no additional content besides Mewtwo, Miiverse, and Tournament Mode. I think we can last from June to October knowing nothing other than two stages and some mystery characters.
There's a big difference, while we weren't sure if more characters were coming after Mewtwo at the time, we were still hyped to see what Mewtwo would play like.
ballot ends in november, at worst we'll get a character announced then. thats not to far away.
I could still see another character or two though, to fill the time.
/quote]
5 months away is not to far away riiiight... Plus school will be in session:glare:

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
If they were gonna announce something else, I think they'd have done it today. I mean, it's possible, but I don't think it's a very likely possibility at all.

The whole "They'll announce Wolf along with Star Fox U!", "They'll announce Wonder Red along with The Wonderful 102!" batch of theories aren't as solid as people seem to think.

I'm pretty sure Mario Kart 8 DLC is finished.
Yeah, i agree, sure its "possible" but its so unlikely that its barely worth mention.

at the same time i dont think its impossible to have more things in future directs, especially after it seemed likely we wouldnt see any more dlc past mewtwo until E3 before Lucas.

EDIT:
Also, watching the bethesda conference still, do people at E3 have a fetish for releasing things after their conferences.

EDIT 2:
My god, im loving fallout4's building thing

EDIT 3:
I'm going to need to get a PS4 or something pretty soon so I can play this

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
There's a big difference, while we weren't sure if more characters were coming after Mewtwo at the time, we were still hyped to see what Mewtwo would play like.
We know there's more characters coming, and we're hyped to know who they are. And we have a good timeframe of when we're going to find out who they are.

There's still plenty of reason to be hyped.

Yeah, i agree, sure its "possible" but its so unlikely that its barely worth mention.

at the same time i dont think its impossible to have more things in future directs, especially after it seemed likely we wouldnt see any more dlc past mewtwo until E3 before Lucas.
I never said anything about future Directs. My comments were about Nintendo's E3 Direct, and only that.

Yes, I think it's possible Smash news could come in a general Direct. It's happened before, and I'm sure it'll happen again. It doesn't have to be a Smash-centered Direct for us to get some big news. After all, Mewtwo's release date and Lucas were announced on a general Direct.

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Yes, I think it's possible Smash news could come in a general Direct. It's happened before, and I'm sure it'll happen again. It doesn't have to be a Smash-centered Direct for us to get some big news. After all, Mewtwo's release date and Lucas were announced on a general Direct.
August Direct confirmed?

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
I sure hope they at least mention something that we can look forward to, outside of the coming tournament mode. I want something to chew on over the summer, even if it's just a "please look forward to it." I can't imagine they wouldn't at least give us some sort of teaser of what's to come.

Of course Heavensward will be coming out this week, so I'll have plenty to chew on elsewhere. :113:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom