• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Waluigi fans are still the new Waluigi fans, so I guess not.

Maybe if death threats start coming Sakurai's way, then I'll see...
I’ve seen Ashley fans hating on the Belmont boys for some how taking her spot. Like what is this ****?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I’ve seen Ashley fans hating on the Belmont boys for some how taking her spot. Like what is this ****?
Lol, I'm convinced Ashley was added to the trailer very last minute specifically to disconfirm her because she was gaining traction online, to try and nip the meltdown in the bud. That's why she's the only returning Smash 4 AT confirmed in the direct and didn't get a call out like all the others, just one quick shot of her in a free for all battle.

Chrono.

Let's pour one out for these.

They lived a good life.

dajwtqdkcxe11.png

Some thoughts:

- Not much to say on the 64 stages, Brinstar kinda makes Planet Zebes moot in my eyes. Sadly, I did kinda prefer Sector Z over Corneria just for the bigger Great Fox.
- On Melee's side of things, most of these stages just have improved versions in the game, so nothing of value was really lost. I actually would've liked to see a prettied up Mute City though. But that's really the only downside here for me.
- So for Brawl we basically just got every stage back (since Flat Zone X and Pictochat 2 are in), except for Rumble Falls. Which is funny cause I was one of the people that said it and Icicle Mountain were likely to return because of ladder attacks being introduced, but I was dead wrong.
- Smash 4 in general got some big losses
- On 3DS we lost both Rainbow Road and Pac Maze, which are stages I both enjoyed
- On Wii U we got some surprising losses as well, Miiverse and Pyrosphere aside. I'm guessing Orbital was just Too Much going on and Hijinx only had the background/foreground gimmick going for it. Not really sure why Woolly World was cut though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Let's pour one out for these.

They lived a good life.

View attachment 156487

Some thoughts:

- Not much to say on the 64 stages, Brinstar kinda makes Planet Zebes moot in my eyes. Sadly, I did kinda prefer Sector Z over Corneria just for the bigger Great Fox.
- On Melee's side of things, most of these stages just have improved versions in the game, so nothing of value was really lost. I actually would've liked to see a prettied up Mute City though. But that's really the only downside here for me.
- So for Brawl we basically just got every stage back (since Flat Zone X and Pictochat 2 are in), except for Rumble Falls. Which is funny cause I was one of the people that said it and Icicle Mountain were likely to return because of ladder attacks being introduced, but I was dead wrong.
- Smash 4 in general got some big losses
- On 3DS we lost both Rainbow Road and Pac Maze, which are stages I both enjoyed
- On Wii U we got some surprising losses as well, Miiverse and Pyrosphere aside. I'm guessing Orbital was just Too Much going on and Hijinx only had the background/foreground gimmick going for it. Not really sure why Woolly World was cut though.
Woolly World really surprised me...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don’t get why Bowser, DK, Diddy and K. Rool can’t have their normal VA’s in Smash.

No, Pra Pra, no. For the most part, the Ashley fans took the disconfirmation gracefully and are starting an effort to get her as a DLC character.
I’ve seen a lot of livid Ashley fans online.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Lol, I'm convinced Ashley was added to the trailer very last minute specifically to disconfirm her because she was gaining traction online, to try and nip the meltdown in the bud. That's why she's the only returning Smash 4 AT confirmed in the direct and didn't get a call out like all the others, just one quick shot of her in a free for all battle.
Kinda unrelated. The percentages of the characters on your sig represented the chances of said characters to make the cut right?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I don’t get why Bowser, DK, Diddy and K. Rool can’t have their normal VA’s in Smash.
Well, K.Rool doesn't have a normal VA, lol.

Hijinx only had the background/foreground gimmick going for it.
Hinjinx's gimmick is probably why it was cut. It could play havoc with the new stage morph feature.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
The problem with Paula as Ness is that besides the bat, which can be replaced, Ness has the Yo-yos. And so far, besides Final Smashes, we've only seen one move changed on an Echo fighter, which is Chrom with Ike's Up-B. Paula would require changing 2 moves, which would be Up Smash and Down Smash.
Chrom seems to be an echo fighter of Ike *and* Roy. He's got Roy's normals, as well as what appears to be Dancing Blade and Roy's Eruption/Neutral Special, but he also clearly has Aether, and he shouts "Great Aether" for his final smash, yet does what seems to be a standard critical hit. Taking this into account, I don't think it's impossible for them to change two moves, or to keep them the same.

As Lukas, the only thing that would be needed to change is the Rope Snake. And plus, considering Lukas' uses PSI power in his normal moves, wouldn't Lukas be a better fit for Paula, as Paula is the offensive PSI user in her game?
And Kumatora....isn't she a fist fighter? Does she have anything that can be used to replace Lukas' stick in his forward smash?
Lucas uses PK LOVE for his normal moves, which is a PSI move exclusive to him in his game. Also, Kumatora is the offensive PSI user in Mother 3. Duster is the fighter character.

I think the last thing I take issue with is that Paula isn't even from the same game as Lucas. Maybe from the same series, but it'd make much more sense to have Kumatora be Lucas' echo, since she has all the same special moves, and would only require a few normals to be changed, if that's even necessary.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Maybe Woolly World got cut because they wanna make Yoshi's Flipping Island a DLC stage instead.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Kinda unrelated. The percentages of the characters on your sig represented the chances of said characters to make the cut right?
Yeah, that was the idea. I was very confident in K.Rool, thought Ashley was basically a coin flip (because I still agree with all the reasons she could have been made playable but believe the true newcomer slots are very limited so she had stiff competition), and Simon, I didn't believe Verg yet but have always held out hope for him. Skull Kid is just that I needed a fourth, lol.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Chrom seems to be an echo fighter of Ike *and* Roy. He's got Roy's normals, as well as what appears to be Dancing Blade and Roy's Eruption/Neutral Special, but he also clearly has Aether, and he shouts "Great Aether" for his final smash, yet does what seems to be a standard critical hit. Taking this into account, I don't think it's impossible for them to change two moves, or to keep them the same.

Lucas uses PK LOVE for his normal moves, which is a PSI move exclusive to him in his game. Also, Kumatora is the offensive PSI user in Mother 3. Duster is the fighter character.

I think the last thing I take issue with is that Paula isn't even from the same game as Lucas. Maybe from the same series, but it'd make much more sense to have Kumatora be Lucas' echo, since she has all the same special moves, and would only require a few normals to be changed, if that's even necessary.
Chrom says Aether and does the aether move from Awakening...

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Chrom says Aether and does the aether move from Awakening...
Aether from Awakening is just Aether from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn. Regardless, I still feel like having an echo fighter that's more of a mix of two characters shows that changing one or two moves for an clone character really isn't that big of a deal.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Aether from Awakening is just Aether from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn. Regardless, I still feel like having an echo fighter that's more of a mix of two characters shows that changing one or two moves for an clone character really isn't that big of a deal.
It's the same effect as Ike's, but a different animation in FE.

Chrom shouts a normal "Aether" and does his Aether animation from Awakening, the upwards slash backwards into a dashing stab.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I wonder if we'll see anything else at Gamescom in a few weeks, or Tokyo Game Show next month.

Honestly I got my most wanted, outside of BDee and Geno, anyone else we get plus DLC is just extra

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder if we'll see anything else at Gamescom in a few weeks, or Tokyo Game Show next month.

Honestly I got my most wanted, outside of BDee and Geno, anyone else we get plus DLC is just extra
I think the next time we get Smash news will be in October.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyway, it sure was a hype direct. Lots of quality of life changes too, like the grid and tragectories in training as well as the new modes.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was a bit disappointed that the trajectories were to represent percent numbers. I wish we got one line that represented perfect DI inwards so I could test kill options.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's not even that obscure a name. Who hasn't heard of the Richter Scale?
Anyone 12 and younger.

I was a bit disappointed that the trajectories were to represent percent numbers. I wish we got one line that represented perfect DI inwards so I could test kill options.
Idon, even the smartest of kiddies need to understand what's going on. I don't think Smash recognizes DI as an official thing either.

D

Deleted member

Edit: I CAN NOT READ RIGHT!

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyone 12 and younger.

Idon, even the smartest of kiddies need to understand what's going on. I don't think Smash recognizes DI as an official thing either.
Come on, you think children of all people are going to go on a training stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom