• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I had assumed that staff was from Fire Emblem, but Kid Icarus is certainly interesting if that's what you're implying.

Unless the item from Fire Emblem is something else entirely.
The Fire Emblem item they showed off is Killing Edge, which normally uses high chances of critical hits as it's gimmick but in Smash glows when it's able to do extra damage.

Staves in FE are healing items while Kid Icarus: Uprising Staff class weapons are basically rifles. As in, one is literally modled after a flintlock gun. The Insight Staff in game looks kinda like a harpoon, so it's more obviously the latter than some Kid Icarus staves.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have a question: Does the "K" in King K. Rool stand for anything? I know it's a play on for cruel but I'm just curious.

D

Deleted member

People have pointed out that the Rathlos stage isn't in the stage list, alongside it being completely flat, that Dracula is shown in a flat stage that's not the one they showed AND that only one character is fighting each of them.
It's a Story mode, there's no tiptoeing around this. Now I just wonder who will be the other bosses, hopefully Mother Brain and Andross also appear in this mode.
I just showed you one of the bosses in the PMs. Remember? Haven't shown anyone else. : ^ ) Should I?

Also, you're probably right since they say that Dracula shows up once in a blue moon and the conditions are unknown. So he's likely a boss in whatever secret mode they have along with Rathalos. As for what bosses I'd like? Hmmm... IDK, there's a lot of cool options. I'd like to see at least one Kirby boss though, someone like Marx or especially Galacta Knight.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The Fire Emblem item they showed off is Killing Edge, which normally uses high chances of critical hits as it's gimmick but in Smash glows when it's able to do extra damage.

Staves in FE are healing items while Kid Icarus: Uprising Staff class weapons are basically rifles. As in, one is literally modled after a flintlock gun. The Insight Staff in game looks kinda like a harpoon, so it's more obviously the latter than some Kid Icarus staves.
Ohhhhh, so the Killing Edge was the FE item? Huh... kinda looked like it could fit in well with Castlevania, but that’s just me.

So in Kid Icarus, Staffs can be rifles despite mostly be used for healing? Huh... kinda explains Dark Pit’s Final Smash then.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My usual password name for Castlevania IV was "SIMON666"
Simon is the fighter 66

I predicted this **** since 1999, suckers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What about Elma as a unique character and Black Knight as an echo
Elma isn't that popular though, just look at the caliber of all the current unique newcomers and comparr them to her. Pretty sure XC isn't getting a new character.
Also, I don't think we're getting a THIRD FE Echo, BK would be cool but I really think that if we get a new FE character, they should be unique. Give the other series some live with Echoes too.
I just showed you one of the bosses in the PMs. Remember? Haven't shown anyone else. : ^ ) Should I?

Also, you're probably right since they say that Dracula shows up once in a blue moon and the conditions are unknown. So he's likely a boss in whatever secret mode they have along with Rathalos. As for what bosses I'd like? Hmmm... IDK, there's a lot of cool options. I'd like to see at least one Kirby boss though, someone like Marx or especially Galacta Knight.
You mean Kid Dracula?

He also looked way too oppressive to be just a hazrard. Like, dude has flame pillars amd shaodwy orbs that follow you, his stage hazard version is definitely gonna be nerfed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Elma isn't that popular though, just look at the caliber of all the current unique newcomers and comparr them to her. Pretty sure XC isn't getting a new character.
Also, I don't think we're getting a THIRD FE Echo, BK would be cool but I really think that if we get a new FE character, they should be unique. Give the other series some live with Echoes too.

You mean Kid Dracula?

He also looked way too oppressive to be just a hazrard. Like, dude has flame pillars amd shaodwy orbs that follow you, his stage hazard version is definitely gonna be nerfed.
The Black Knight part was mostly a jest.

I’m just saying Elma cause of that whole thing with the mech model that Sakurai used. It had to be for Smash and who else could it be?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ohhhhh, so the Killing Edge was the FE item? Huh... kinda looked like it could fit in well with Castlevania, but that’s just me.

So in Kid Icarus, Staffs can be rifles despite mostly be used for healing? Huh... kinda explains Dark Pit’s Final Smash then.
Staves in Kid Icarus have nothing to do with healing at all, actually. They're very detached from most games' portrayals of staves because all healing abilities are tied to Powers and items in Uprising and it's more focused around the single player campaign. It's basically strictly a sniper rifle that you can pistol-whip someone with in a pinch (or in general, but you know...depressing melee damage). Here is a Gud Boi with the new Smash item (pretty sure Uprising promotional content had a lovely artwork of him holding one of each weapon class).

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure Castlevania actually does have an item in the form of Death's Scythe.

*EDIT* OK AT LEAST THE IMAGE WORKS WHEN QUOTED THIS TIME

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You mean Kid Dracula?

Nah, already mentioned Kid Dracula hear. I'm talking about the Klansman boss from Kid Dracula. Obviously he'll be in.

And true, true. Dracula looked way stronger than the usual stage hazard bosses. Or maybe he don't be toned down, IDK. IDK if Rathalos is even toned down as an assist. He has to be right? Because the one on the MH stage had a **** ton going that seemed too complicated for an assist, but I could be wrong.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think he's referring to another Black Knight. but that one is spoilers.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Staves in Kid Icarus have nothing to do with healing at all, actually. They're very detached from most games' portrayals of staves because all healing abilities are tied to Powers and items in Uprising and it's more focused around the single player campaign. It's basically strictly a sniper rifle that you can pistol-whip someone with in a pinch (or in general, but you know...depressing melee damage). Here is a Gud Boi with the new Smash item (pretty sure Uprising promotional content had a lovely artwork of him holding one of each weapon class).

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure Castlevania actually does have an item in the form of Death's Scythe.

*EDIT* OK AT LEAST THE IMAGE WORKS WHEN QUOTED THIS TIME

Gotta say... your favorite boi looks quite stylish holding that in the artwork. I’m pretty sure anyone could rock that look in Ultimate and get away with it: either way, it’s interesting Kid Icarus breaks away from the traditional norms of most RPG games in terms of staffs.

By the way, um... >w>

Last edited:

Chrono.

Wonder what other 3rd party bosses we could see.

I suppose the Yellow Devil could be upgraded, but I'd love to see something more off the wall like the Life Virus from Battle Network. Eggman could also be perfect for this (I'm thinking Egg Dragoon, but could be anything really.)

For first party bosses I'm kinda blanking out right now but I'd love to see a boss fight with Marx or maybe even Majora/Skull Kid.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nah, already mentioned Kid Dracula hear. I'm talking about the Klansman boss from Kid Dracula. Obviously he'll be in.

And true, true. Dracula looked way stronger than the usual stage hazard bosses. Or maybe he don't be toned down, IDK. IDK if Rathalos is even toned down as an assist. He has to be right? Because the one on the MH stage had a **** ton going that seemed too complicated for an assist, but I could be wrong.
I think Rathalos is definitely toned down as an Assist. At the least, I'm very positive that Assist Trophy Rathalos won't have that move where it shoots the 3 Fireballs at the left, middle and right that explode and leave trails of fire, cause most stages definitely wouldn't be able to support that.

Admittingly, if bosses are more active than their Stage hazard/Assist Trophy counterparts, it would be cool to see boss forms of Yellow Devil, Metal Face and Dark Lord from Find Mii. Maybe even Mother Brain and Andross.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Back from a long day of work, and I watched the Smash Ultimate Direct. This was amazing Direct. Breaking down my thoughts:

Simon Belmont's reveal was pretty cool. I figured it was him from the moment they showed what was inside, but man, shocking to see that Luigi straight up died in that trailer! Simon Belmont's arrival was badass. He has a nice moveset too, and while I would've preferred his red-hair design, I think his classic NES look here looks great! Nice to see he has an Echo in the form of Richter too. Dracula's Castle looks like a nice stage, and Dracula as a stage boss looks cool too. The fact it's getting 34 music tracks is awesome as well, especially with Castlevania's great soundtrack. Can't

*Sakurai mentions the reveal of two more Echo Fighters, and there is an immediate transition to the Castle Siege stage.* And then, the shocking reveal that made me scream from excitement:

CHROM IS FINALLY IN SMASH AS A PLAYABLE FIGHTER!

My reaction:

Yes, I was THAT excited when Chrom was revealed! Not only is he my first and favorite Fire Emblem lord in the series, my second most wanted in the Smash 4 days was FINALLY added to Smash as a playable fighter. I remember feeling so hurt seeing how brutally deconfirmed he was back then, so to see him playable in this game made me EXTREMELY happy! I remember my interest in Chrom returning with the reveal of Echo Fighters, and voila, Chrom was added as an Echo. What's even more surprising is that Chrom wasn't an Echo of Ike like myself and many others thought, but an Echo of Roy! Upon closer inspection, his moveset actually references some of the other FE fighters in Smash, so it's nice how Chrom's moveset is almost like a celebration of Fire Emblem in Smash!

And congrats to Opossum Opossum for finally getting your most wanted! As a fellow Chrom fan, you can imagine that I was just as happy as you were when Chrom was revealed! No doubt Chrom will be one of my mains for Smash Ultimate! I'm really looking forward to playing as him!

Dark Samus as an Echo of Samus is cool too. I didn't care for Dark Samus all that much, but it's still quite nice to see Dark Samus was added as a playable fighter, especially because of popular she was!

Can't say much about the returning stages, but Brinstar Depths looks fantastic in HD! I'm also really happy that Fountain of Dreams is back! As for the new stages, New Donk City looks cool. It's basically Prism Tower in terms of how it plays out (a.k.a, you're traveling up the main tower) but with different visuals and intractable stage elements. We already knew about Battlefield forms and the stage hazard toggle, but I'm still very happy to see both of these features were added. We can finally pick far more stages for competitive play than in the past!

Stage morph is a surprising addition. Not sure if I'll use it myself though, but it's a neat concept.

I really like how all stages from a given video game franchise now share the same, selectable music! That's great! I can now have something like Dialga and Palkia's Battle theme playing in N's Castle!

Rather neat how Smash Ultimate can turn your Switch into a portable music player, but I'm not sure if I'll use it myself (I mean, when I saw "Workout tunes" and then they showed this new portability feature, I almost laughed just at the thought of carrying your Switch with you while working out at a gym).

We've got some neat new items too. Nice to see the Fire Emblem series finally has its own Smash item in the form of the Killing Edge (which has a pretty cool effect here too), the Ramblin' Evil Mushroom looks like it'll be a pain to go up against with the way it reverses your controls, and the Rage Blaster is interesting with the way its the Smash blaster but with a built in rage-mechanic (basically Lucario but in item form).

Can't say much about the PokeBall portion, but RIP Mimikyu, even if I didn't care for it very much prior to its deconfirmation. Alolan Exeggutor looks fun though.

As for Assist Trophies, Zero looks cool, and the Evil Moon along with Rathalos look rather OP. Kinda cool that Rathalos is both a stage boss and an Assist Trophy at the same time too. I wonder if other Stage bosses will have this treatment. Sad to see that Ashley is an Assist Trophy yet again though. RIP Shovel Knight as well.

As for some the other things revealed, I'm glad they're bringing back the good ol' Classic Mode and not the one from Smash WiiU. The Final Smash meter is a neat idea for parties, but I don't see myself using that much. Squad Strike and Smashdown look decent, and it's cool how the Training Mode now has a grid for measuring knockback and special move trajectory.

The menu looks nice too. That new mode they are hiding is definitely Adventure Mode though. Will it be Melee's Adventure mode or Brawl's Adventure mode? Only time will tell.

And the reveal at the end: at first, when they showed all the hero characters fighting their rivals/villains in the Smash roster, I thought this was revealing the new Adventure mode, but when they showed Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, I had a feeling K. Rool would be the reveal (I mean, the only other plausible DK newcomer was Dixie, and no way would she be attacking DK's hut), and I was right. His reveal was trailer hilarious! First you had King Dedede who completely trolled Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong with his K. Role costume, and the way Dedede laughs like crazy afterward almost felt like Sakurai was trolling with the K. Rool fans for a second. That'd be quite a brutal deconfirmation, so I was hoping to see the real K. Rool show up and knock Dedede away. Turns out it happened, and I laughed even more seeing that scene as well as Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong's reaction. His moveset looks fun, though I don't see myself using him. K. Rool wasn't a character I was interested in seeing in Smash, but I am very happy for his fans. He's been requested since the Brawl days, so it's great to see the fans finally got what they wanted after so long. Congrats, K. Rool fans! You deserved it.

10/10 Direct overall. All the character reveals were great, the new modes and other stuff are looking quite good, and Chrom will definitely be one of my mains alongside Greninja for this game!
More like 100/10.
That Direct was perfection.

D

Deleted member

I think Rathalos is definitely toned down as an Assist. At the least, I'm very positive that Assist Trophy Rathalos won't have that move where it shoots the 3 Fireballs at the left, middle and right that explode and leave trails of fire, cause most stages definitely wouldn't be able to support that.

Admittingly, if bosses are more active than their Stage hazard/Assist Trophy counterparts, it would be cool to see boss forms of Yellow Devil, Metal Face and Dark Lord from Find Mii. Maybe even Mother Brain and Andross.
True, true. It looks much more so like the Rathalos has a distinct pattern on the MH stage. Especially involving projectiles and fire pillars seeming way too over the top for an assist.

And clearly we should get Ridley as a boss.... I kid a bit, but I mean, the boss one was his clone, soooo.... IDK.

This meme would be way, way more fitting if it was Richter telling Alucard to get in. LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

@Prince Alucard
You mind doing some Pokemon Showdown with me?
My name is MegaSmashBrother. :p
How the heck did you even know that I play pokemon showdown? Did Shisho tell you?

Either way, sure thing. My username is Megalon72. Just tell me which format you want to battle on. I'm up for anything, but only really have teams made for monotype on this system, I need to make a good OU and Ubers team at least.

D

Deleted member

How the heck did you even know that I play pokemon showdown? Did Shisho tell you?

Either way, sure thing. My username is Megalon72. Just tell me which format you want to battle on. I'm up for anything, but only really have teams made for monotype on this system, I need to make a good OU and Ubers team at least.
I have only two OU teams, but I can make Ubers if you want.

D

Deleted member

I have only two OU teams, but I can make Ubers if you want.
Sure, I'll make an Uber team and one or two OU teams. Shouldn't take me too long since from fighting Shisho I know my weaknesses.

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool: "I am in Smash!"
Muscle Man: "Do you know who else is in Smash?"
Muscle Man's Mom muscles through the battle!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well I’ve wanted Bomberman in for ever and it sounded like he was... and I guess technically he is in Smash... :/
now compare that that a franchice that hasnt even had so much of a hint and the only "hint" was laytons VA trolling you and even then, it was deconfirmed almost right away

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Black Knight part was mostly a jest.

I’m just saying Elma cause of that whole thing with the mech model that Sakurai used. It had to be for Smash and who else could it be?
I think people are overthinking the whole mecha model thing
I think he's referring to another Black Knight. but that one is spoilers.
Which one?

****, I've been found out!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was just thinking, maybe not to jump the gun on "Spirits" hosting boss battles just yet, or at least it may not be the only source.

They could easily be put into Classic Mode, since the new Classic Mode has set opponents for each individual fighter.

So for example, Simon and Richter encounter Dracula in their Classic Mode run. Mega Man encounters Yellow Devil.

Then they could have a Boss Battles Mode in Games & More once you discover all of the bosses, allowing you to fight them as any character.

Dan

Smash Lord
I was actually expecting less characters and more about whatever the blurred-out mode is.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I was just thinking, maybe not to jump the gun on "Spirits" hosting boss battles just yet, or at least it may not be the only source.

They could easily be put into Classic Mode, since the new Classic Mode has set opponents for each individual fighter.

So for example, Simon and Richter encounter Dracula in their Classic Mode run. Mega Man encounters Yellow Devil.

Then they could have a Boss Battles Mode in Games & More once you discover all of the bosses, allowing you to fight them as any character.
That would actually be pretty dang cool. Reminds me of Castlevania Judgement where after fighting a couple of the characters, you face one of two bosses, either a Minotaur or Iron Gladiator, then after beating them, continue on defeating more characters and whatnot. With all of the bosses that are in Smash Ultimate currently(Yellow Devil, Metal Face, Dark Lord, Dracula, Death, the other Castlevania bosses?, Rathalos, Mother Brain?), there is alot potential. Even more if they bring back Petey Pirahna, Rayquaza and Porky from Brawl.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I decided to take a quick look at the Classic Mode snippets we got in the Direct.

I think we can glean a few details from these.

As it clearly says, each fighter has a specific set of opponents, meaning Classic Mode now functions like the old Break the Targets mode. Not only that, but if you check above the text for the current Round, it actually has a title - "Gourmet Clash" for Kirby, "Journey to New Donk City" for Donkey Kong, and "A Journey of Swords" for Roy. It's unclear whether or not these titles are for the specific round or for the entire run, though I'm leaning towards the latter. I doubt they'd have a completely unique path and title for every single fighter, so instead they will group certain fighters together. Gourmet Clash for example could consist of Kirby, King Dedede, Yoshi, Wario, and Pac-Man, since they're all characters associated with being big eaters. A Journey of Swords could include characters like all of the FE characters, Meta Knight, Link, etc. Then again, Gourmet Clash sounds more fitting as a name for a specific round and is perfect for a Kirby VS Yoshi fight in particular, so who knows. The use of the word "Journey" in Roy and Donkey Kong's paths makes me think the title is for the run though.

It seems at first glance that you run through six normal battles, a bonus game, and then the boss who naturally, we would assume is Master Hand and his associated other bosses. But for all we know, there are actually unique bosses for some characters, or maybe extra stages open up based on things like your difficulty selection, score, or maintaining a perfect run.

Also based on Donkey Kong's picture we can see that your tag team partners are themed. Diddy Kong being the obvious pick for Donkey Kong.

That's about all I can glean from it for now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom