• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The reason why I am mad is because the hate on Ultimate is honestly annoying to see.
I mean, seriously, it is pretty simple to...I don't know, ignore it. If you can enjoy the game, enjoy it. Let other think whatever they want.

For me, the whole Ridley negative meme period was annoying, but after his deconfirmation, I didn't care if those kept coming, I just enjoyed the character alone and that's it. And now that he's confirmed, I will keep enjoying him just as much. And I caused my hatred for Smash4 sometimes get to me, saying I did not cared about that thing in the slightest and that I would not play any other Smash game and that not even a reveal with Ridley would do a change...but here I am, happy, and thinking new ideas with him.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im still at a loss of words for this trailer.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No now you're splitting hairs.

If Melee had a planned FE stage, then that means Sakurai cut the stage because he didn't have time to make it and it wasn't necessary to bring FE characters into Smash.

And did you literally not read Ness and Captain Falcon in my last post like what?

And "since Brawl" means jack squat. It's a ONE game gap (since 3DS/Wii U had the same roster). There's no "pattern" there. And even then, if you want to be REALLY technical, Duck Hunt Duo didn't get a stage in the initial release of the 3DS game.

The only logical conclusion here is that Sakurai has a clear preference for having representatives of a new series debut with a stage. However, if there isn't time to make a stage, he forgoes making the stage and just makes the character. He's not going to axe a character just because he can't make a stage for them.

DLC is also a thing. A character could be added in the base game, and their stage is added through DLC.

Like I said before, this is the worst new fan rule and you guys should know better by now.
Bruh all i'm getting at here is that based on previous trends, newcomers have always been getting stages since Brawl. It's wise not to expect newcomers from new series now based on that stage comment. If it turns out to be false then hell yeah that's great. Otherwise it's just unfortunate.

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
You are fine Andy.
What the **** did you just call me? I’ll have you know I won at the top of the Garfield Kart tournament, and I’ve been involved in numerous races, and I have over 300 confirmed wins. I am trained in racing and I’m the top karter in the entire US Garfield Kart team. You are nothing to me but just another win. I will wipe you the **** out with guided apple pies like of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** about me over the Internet? As we speak I am contacting my secret network of karters across the USA and your kart is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can beat you in Garfield Kart in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my keyboard. Not only am I extensively trained in kart racing, but I have access to all the karts in Garfield Kart and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable kart off the face of the map. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your damn tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price. You’re dead, kiddo.

this is a joke no offense intended

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Bruh all i'm getting at here is that based on previous trends, newcomers have always been getting stages since Brawl. It's wise not to expect newcomers from new series now based on that stage comment. If it turns out to be false then hell yeah that's great. Otherwise it's just unfortunate.
But WHAT previous trends?

You have failed to point out any trend. Because there is none.

It's another forced fan rule that people are trying to push and it's nonsensical.

I blame The Patriots.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Poor Luigi. He literally died and his soul was haunted forever until Simon came.
I mean, seriously, it is pretty simple to...I don't know, ignore it. If you can enjoy the game, enjoy it. Let other think whatever they want.

For me, the whole Ridley negative meme period was annoying, but after his deconfirmation, I didn't care if those kept coming, I just enjoyed the character alone and that's it. And now that he's confirmed, I will keep enjoying him just as much. And I caused my hatred for Smash4 sometimes get to me, saying I did not cared about that thing in the slightest and that I would not play any other Smash game and that not even a reveal with Ridley would do a change...but here I am, happy, and thinking new ideas with him.
Ah good point. :V
I should just block off the haters hating.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What the **** did you just call me? I’ll have you know I won at the top of the Garfield Kart tournament, and I’ve been involved in numerous races, and I have over 300 confirmed wins. I am trained in racing and I’m the top karter in the entire US Garfield Kart team. You are nothing to me but just another win. I will wipe you the **** out with guided apple pies like of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** about me over the Internet? As we speak I am contacting my secret network of karters across the USA and your kart is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can beat you in Garfield Kart in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my keyboard. Not only am I extensively trained in kart racing, but I have access to all the karts in Garfield Kart and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable kart off the face of the map. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your damn tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price. You’re dead, kiddo.

this is a joke no offense intended
This is actually the first time I've seen the Navy Seal pasta here, neat.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Sakurai had this idea for a trailer first and then went through all the trouble licensing and including Simon just to justify its existence.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But WHAT previous trends?

You have failed to point out any trend. Because there is none.

It's another forced fan rule that people are trying to push and it's nonsensical.

I blame The Patriots.
As I said. Newcomers from new series always typically getting a stage in the game aside from the odd scenario here and there. It's been the case since Brawl.

That might not be the most indicative piece of evidence but it's enough for me to not actively expect characters from franchises not already in the game.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
This is actually the first time I've seen the Navy Seal pasta here, neat.
To be fair, you have to have a very high body count to understand The Navy Seal Copypasta. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of irony most of the jokes will go over a typical reader’s head. There’s also The Soldier’s gruesome outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation, his personal philosophy draws heavily from American Sniper, for instance. The fans understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny, they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike The Navy Seal Copypasta truly ARE idiots, of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in The Navy Seal's existential catchphrase “What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Tarantino's Pulp Fiction. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as my genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them...

And yes, by the way, I DO have a guerilla warfare tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only, and even then they have to prove that they’re within 5 kills within my own body count (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothing personal, kid.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only problem I had with the direct was how seeing Simon in Smash made me confused why he was just joining the roster this game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As I said. Newcomers from new series always typically getting a stage in the game aside from the odd scenario here and there. It's been the case since Brawl.

That might not be the most indicative piece of evidence but it's enough for me to not actively expect characters from franchises not already in the game.
It literally isn't a pattern or evidence at all though, let alone "indicative".

And again, Duck Hunt Duo.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I need to ask:
Wasn't there a leak that mentioned there was a new mode called "Spirits?"

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I need to ask:
Wasn't there a leak that mentioned there was a new mode called "Spirits?"
Huh... I think there's a lot of potential if this Spirits mode actually relates to saving all the playable characters.

Either way, I'm honestly more-so curious on the other pixelated button on the right: is that supposed to represent a potential DLC shop?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Huh... I think there's a lot of potential if this Spirits mode actually relates to saving all the playable characters.

Either way, I'm honestly more-so curious on the other pixelated button on the right: is that supposed to represent a potential DLC shop?
I am thinking and hoping it is an Adventure Mode like Brawl's Subspace.
Sakurai knows everyone loved Subspace and he would gladly incorporate it in for the hype.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Stop getting my hopes up guys, you know I become an emotional wreck when it comes to that juicy Adventure Mode content in my crossover fighting games :joyful:

R0Y

Smash Master
Wasn't going to buy a Switch in the near future as I got kind of burnt out on Smash 3DS/Wii U and didn't see much of note for the system on the horizion(I played BOTW on Wii U).

Could have locked into a relatively cheap price for this game too, but I didn't pay much attention to it when that was available.

I. Made. A. Big. Mistake. Ridley and King K. Rool big.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just realised that with the introduction of Simon (and Richter), it's now possible to have an 8-Player Smash featuring only non-Nintendo characters where each player is a different character.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Bingo results, kachow
BingoSmash-f.jpg

I admit Im kinda upset Chrom got revealed earlier than I expected because I wanted to use this in the future:
Chrom.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom