• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

People have pointed out that the Rathlos stage isn't in the stage list, alongside it being completely flat, that Dracula is shown in a flat stage that's not the one they showed AND that only one character is fighting each of them.
It's a Story mode, there's no tiptoeing around this. Now I just wonder who will be the other bosses, hopefully Mother Brain and Andross also appear in this mode.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder what Simon and Richter’s winning theme will be...

Well, at this point, Geno seems to be more of a matter of when rather than if :V
Oh god please!

Yeah, Namco doesn't have a second rep yet, so I say instead of Heihachi who is kinda boring IMO, we should get Nightmare instead!
Nightmare honestly woukd be amazing for Smash.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, at this point, Geno seems to be more of a matter of when rather than if :V
Yeah, after Ridley, Chrom AND K. Rool, Geno's possibility has probably reached it's peak. Only time will tell if he's in or not.
Man Nightmare would fit on the Castlevania stage so well if he became playable
Yeah, Namco doesn't have a second rep yet, so I say instead of Heihachi who is kinda boring IMO, we should get Nightmare instead!
Sadly, if Namco gets a 2nd Rep, I definitely see Heihachi happening first before Nightmare, cause love child Tekken over middle child Soulcalibur. :glare: But Nightmare would be frickin' awesome and out of all of the Soulcalibur characters, he's definitely the most likely due to being the mascot character of the series.
I wonder what Simon and Richter’s winning theme will be...
I think we may have heard it already. The Stage clear music from Castlevania was heard when it got to the "Smash Bros X Castlevania" part at the end of the Simon & Richter trailer.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, after Ridley, Chrom AND K. Rool, Geno's possibility has probably reached it's peak. Only time will tell if he's in or not.

Sadly, if Namco gets a 2nd Rep, I definitely see Heihachi happening first before Nightmare, cause love child Tekken over middle child Soulcalibur. :glare: But Nightmare would be frickin' awesome and out of all of the Soulcalibur characters, he's definitely the most likely due to being the mascot character of the series.

I think we may have heard it already. The Stage clear music from Castlevania was heard when it got to the "Smash Bros X Castlevania" part at the end of the Simon & Richter trailer.
I’ll be sad if we get Heihachi. He’s hella lame.

Hello I am back for a whopping 30 seconds.
hyped for Chrom being in. Marth is probably getting completely dropped this game lol.

Richter looks amazing as well. And hot. There's about a 0% chance I don't wind up playing either Simon or Richter.

DS and K rool are cool for the fans I guess. Smash fans have like . . .nothing to ever complain about character wise so that will be nice.

Happy for all the odds and ends too, but not going to go into detail there.

TLDR
Smash bros is good, actually. Absurdly
:061:

D

Deleted member

Hello I am back for a whopping 30 seconds.
hyped for Chrom being in. Marth is probably getting completely dropped this game lol.

Richter looks amazing as well. And hot. There's about a 0% chance I don't wind up playing either Simon or Richter.

DS and K rool are cool for the fans I guess. Smash fans have like . . .nothing to ever complain about character wise so that will be nice.

Happy for all the odds and ends too, but not going to go into detail there.

TLDR
Smash bros is good, actually. Absurdly
:061:
I have not seen you in months!
Welcome back.

Ultimate might be in my top three favorite games of all time. It looks amazing!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
People have pointed out that the Rathlos stage isn't in the stage list, alongside it being completely flat, that Dracula is shown in a flat stage that's not the one they showed AND that only one character is fighting each of them.
It's a Story mode, there's no tiptoeing around this. Now I just wonder who will be the other bosses, hopefully Mother Brain and Andross also appear in this mode.
Honestly Eggman and Thanatos are my personal picks for wants, mostly because aside from personal bias you can pull stuff that never actually happened in the games from where the sun don't shine for them and it'll still make perfect sense. Or. . .don't, and still have a fairly interesting boss fight nonetheless.

The thing I keep in mind is that the boss fight has to work in 2D, so I tend to avoid entirely from-behind or exceptionally massive characters (Mostly referring to some 3DS game final bosses for the latter...I'm sure you all know the ones) when thinking of what would be interesting myself.

D

Deleted member

K.Rool and Richter completely throw my expectations for a loop so

Unique Newcomers:
-Isabelle(leaked and literally the most popular AC character)
-Rayman(highly requested, had a trophy in SSB4, Ubisoft and Nintendo's relationship has only improved ever since)
-Gen 7 Pokemon(leaked and basically inevitable, probably Incineroar but whatever. Please don't be a USUM Pokemon)
-Geno(highly requested, K.Rool proves popularity trumps all and Sakurai expressed his desire to include him in the past)

Echo Fighters:
-Impa(probably the most requested Zelda character and the only one of them that can work as an Echo(Toon Zelda would have different hitboxes) in their own series)
-Shadow(literally inevitable)
-Ken(same as above)
-All of the Koopalings

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well... as much as I want to continue being hyped for what happened today, I do have to go to work relatively soon, everyone, so... >_<

Ivander

Smash Legend
I’ll be sad if we get Heihachi. He’s hella lame.
I may not be a fan of Tekken, but the only reason I would be fine with Heihachi is because he'd be in a proper Playstation All-Stars game with Cloud and Snake, as well as a good Street Fighter X Tekken game. :smirk: And with Squad Strike, a mini Nintendo vs Sony.

D

Deleted member

Well... as much as I want to continue being hyped for what happened today, I do have to go to work relatively soon, everyone, so... >_<
I hope it all goes well in work.

Also I am glad Zeb is back. I can ask him more stuff.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
K.Rool and Richter completely throw my expectations for a loop so

Unique Newcomers:
-Isabelle(leaked and literally the most popular AC character)
-Rayman(highly requested, had a trophy in SSB4, Ubisoft and Nintendo's relationship has only improved ever since)
-Gen 7 Pokemon(leaked and basically inevitable, probably Incineroar but whatever. Please don't be a USUM Pokemon)
-Geno(highly requested, K.Rool proves popularity trumps all and Sakurai expressed his desire to include him in the past)

Echo Fighters:
-Impa(probably the most requested Zelda character and the only one of them that can work as an Echo(Toon Zelda would have different hitboxes) in their own series)
-Shadow(literally inevitable)
-Ken(same as above)
-All of the Koopalings
What about Elma as a unique character and Black Knight as an echo

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK why is that item I caught when I watched a Direct reaction and somehow missed the first time just called "Staff?"

That's clearly the...*looks up name* that's clearly the Insight Staff (hell I main faster speed claws, do I look like the type to memorize staves?). You called the Ore Club the Ore Club, that's just inconsistent at this point.

Unless you wanna drop other staff types as reskins, in which case I'm A-OK with that. Just saying the Somewhat Staff would have been my pick, although I guess the Insight Staff was like a default or something. . .? Hell I don't know on the off chance I didn't use claws I just used Blades and Palms I don't know this stuff.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I guessed Elma would be shown and King K. Rool wouldn't...

whelp

Inb4 next direct, we see a Yoshi walking on a plain, then he's struck from behind with two giant knives

"Hostile Indigen threat eliminated"

Elma Shadowstrikes!

Ivander

Smash Legend
So what’s everyone have to say to this:
I believe it's coincidental, because what DK and Joe do is actually a very common pose/scene done in Japanese animation/manga/etc and is usually used with lazy characters or characters being lazy.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
OK why is that item I caught when I watched a Direct reaction and somehow missed the first time just called "Staff?"

That's clearly the...*looks up name* that's clearly the Insight Staff (hell I main faster speed claws, do I look like the type to memorize staves?). You called the Ore Club the Ore Club, that's just inconsistent at this point.

Unless you wanna drop other staff types as reskins, in which case I'm A-OK with that. Just saying the Somewhat Staff would have been my pick, although I guess the Insight Staff was like a default or something. . .? Hell I don't know on the off chance I didn't use claws I just used Blades and Palms I don't know this stuff.
I had assumed that staff was from Fire Emblem, but Kid Icarus is certainly interesting if that's what you're implying.

Unless the item from Fire Emblem is something else entirely.

D

Deleted member

Zeb said he’s only back for 30 seconds. He came to post his opinions then left again.
Awww... :(
Zeb I like you a lot, please come back!
It probably is not much, but hey it is interesting.
If Karate Joe is revealed, I will eat my shorts.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That pose is a very generic "lazing about watching TV" pose, it's literally nothing.

I can't think of a specific example off the top of my head but I've seen that post like a million times.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still am fully confident that chorus kids are coming and will be revealed soon

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Since they seem to be doing heroes vs villains or antagonists theme, I wonder what other villains/antagonists we could see. Probably Medusa, Shadow, and Akuma.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
lmao people in the comments of that video are saying "OH DK TOTALLY HAS THE SAME KIND OF OLD-SCHOOL TV AS KARATE JOE"

Because you know, we all had the headcanon that DK had a 70" 4K OLED Smart TV with HDR in his little wooden shack.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It’s been several hours and it’s still hard to believe that K.Rool is actually in Smash Bros.

Guys, Smash is the best.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Since they seem to be doing heroes vs villains or antagonists theme, I wonder what other villains/antagonists we could see. Probably Medusa, Shadow, and Akuma.
Of course, the OG 8 are getting their own villains....... except my boi

Which is the only chance he has to get a new rep. If it ends up being Kamek, I'm fine with that

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
lmao people in the comments of that video are saying "OH DK TOTALLY HAS THE SAME KIND OF OLD-SCHOOL TV AS KARATE JOE"

Because you know, we all had the headcanon that DK had a 70" 4K OLED Smart TV with HDR in his little wooden shack.
I assumed something similar.
dk.jpg

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Back from a long day of work, and I watched the Smash Ultimate Direct. This was amazing Direct. Breaking down my thoughts:

Simon Belmont's reveal was pretty cool. I figured it was him from the moment they showed what was inside, but man, shocking to see that Luigi straight up died in that trailer! Simon Belmont's arrival was badass. He has a nice moveset too, and while I would've preferred his red-hair design, I think his classic NES look here looks great! Nice to see he has an Echo in the form of Richter too. Dracula's Castle looks like a nice stage, and Dracula as a stage boss looks cool too. The fact it's getting 34 music tracks is awesome as well, especially with Castlevania's great soundtrack.

*Sakurai mentions the reveal of two more Echo Fighters, and there is an immediate transition to the Castle Siege stage.* And then, the shocking reveal that made me scream from excitement:

CHROM IS FINALLY IN SMASH AS A PLAYABLE FIGHTER!

My reaction:

Yes, I was THAT excited when Chrom was revealed! Not only is he my first and favorite Fire Emblem lord in the series, my second most wanted in the Smash 4 days was FINALLY added to Smash as a playable fighter. I remember feeling so hurt seeing how brutally deconfirmed he was back then, so to see him playable in this game made me EXTREMELY happy! I remember my interest in Chrom returning with the reveal of Echo Fighters, and voila, Chrom was added as an Echo. What's even more surprising is that Chrom wasn't an Echo of Ike like myself and many others thought, but an Echo of Roy! Upon closer inspection, his moveset actually references some of the other FE fighters in Smash, so it's nice how Chrom's moveset is almost like a celebration of Fire Emblem in Smash!

And congrats to Opossum Opossum for finally getting your most wanted! As a fellow Chrom fan, you can imagine that I was just as happy as you were when Chrom was revealed! No doubt Chrom will be one of my mains for Smash Ultimate! I'm really looking forward to playing as him!

Dark Samus as an Echo of Samus is cool too. I didn't care for Dark Samus all that much, but it's still quite nice to see Dark Samus was added as a playable fighter, especially because of popular she was!

Can't say much about the returning stages, but Brinstar Depths looks fantastic in HD! I'm also really happy that Fountain of Dreams is back! As for the new stages, New Donk City looks cool. It's basically Prism Tower in terms of how it plays out (a.k.a, you're traveling up the main tower) but with different visuals and intractable stage elements. We already knew about Battlefield forms and the stage hazard toggle, but I'm still very happy to see both of these features were added. We can finally pick far more stages for competitive play than in the past!

Stage morph is a surprising addition. Not sure if I'll use it myself though, but it's a neat concept.

I really like how all stages from a given video game franchise now share the same, selectable music! That's great! I can now have something like Dialga and Palkia's Battle theme playing in N's Castle!

Rather neat how Smash Ultimate can turn your Switch into a portable music player, but I'm not sure if I'll use it myself (I mean, when I saw "Workout tunes" and then they showed this new portability feature, I almost laughed just at the thought of carrying your Switch with you while working out at a gym).

We've got some neat new items too. Nice to see the Fire Emblem series finally has its own Smash item in the form of the Killing Edge (which has a pretty cool effect here too), the Ramblin' Evil Mushroom looks like it'll be a pain to go up against with the way it reverses your controls, and the Rage Blaster is interesting with the way its the Smash blaster but with a built in rage-mechanic (basically Lucario but in item form).

Can't say much about the PokeBall portion, but RIP Mimikyu, even if I didn't care for it very much prior to its deconfirmation. Alolan Exeggutor looks fun though.

As for Assist Trophies, Zero looks cool, and the Evil Moon along with Rathalos look rather OP. Kinda cool that Rathalos is both a stage boss and an Assist Trophy at the same time too. I wonder if other Stage bosses will have this treatment. Sad to see that Ashley is an Assist Trophy yet again though. RIP Shovel Knight as well.

As for some the other things revealed, I'm glad they're bringing back the good ol' Classic Mode and not the one from Smash WiiU. The Final Smash meter is a neat idea for parties, but I don't see myself using that much. Squad Strike and Smashdown look decent, and it's cool how the Training Mode now has a grid for measuring knockback and special move trajectory.

The menu looks nice too. That new mode they are hiding is definitely Adventure Mode though. Will it be Melee's Adventure mode or Brawl's Adventure mode? Only time will tell.

And the reveal at the end: at first, when they showed all the hero characters fighting their rivals/villains in the Smash roster, I thought this was revealing the new Adventure mode, but when they showed Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, I had a feeling K. Rool would be the reveal (I mean, the only other plausible DK newcomer was Dixie, and no way would she be attacking DK's hut), and I was right. His reveal was trailer hilarious! First you had King Dedede who completely trolled Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong with his K. Role costume, and the way Dedede laughs like crazy afterward almost felt like Sakurai was trolling with the K. Rool fans for a second. That'd be quite a brutal deconfirmation, so I was hoping to see the real K. Rool show up and knock Dedede away. Turns out it happened, and I laughed even more seeing that scene as well as Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong's reaction. His moveset looks fun, though I don't see myself using him. K. Rool wasn't a character I was interested in seeing in Smash, but I am very happy for his fans. He's been requested since the Brawl days, so it's great to see the fans finally got what they wanted after so long. Congrats, K. Rool fans! You deserved it.

10/10 Direct overall. All the character reveals were great, the new modes and other stuff are looking quite good, and Chrom will definitely be one of my mains alongside Greninja for this game!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom