• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Oh, goody. I got Ritcher. Joy. (sarcasm)

But, really... Screw Sakurai for, yet again, turning Green L into a cowardly butt monkey.

Like, Luigi's Mansion & its sequel meant nothing to his accomplices.

HE WAS NEVER THIS SCARED! Especially to some damned mummy!

Also, "Castlevania" is the name of Dracula's Castle!

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hey, I'm awake.

Hey, I watched the direct.

Lemme break down responses. No real order for these but impact.

- Fighters were mostly great. Simon and Richter seem like deceptively simple types and I think they'll get more interesting to me when I can take them for a spin; bet they'll be a lot of fun. Chrom was an excellent, excellent echo. Dark Samus was more of a meh-cho; just doesn't seem more interesting than a palette swap yet. KKR actually getting in kind of threw me for a loop, but alright, let him in I guess, why not. Simon and KKR's intro vids were both blisteringly awesome for different reasons - Simon's for the presentation, KKR's for Sakurai's fake-out Dededenial.

- Assist trophy deconfirms all kind of hurt this go-round. The trophies themselves looking so badass - looking at you Alucard, Knux, Krystal, and Zero, even Shovel Knight to a lesser degree - suggests to me that perhaps they had part of a moveset, but not a full moveset, or there was just some mechanical hurdle they couldn't overcome in time. Like they were this close to fighter status, but not quite, y'know? At least they certainly seem more interesting than other ATs we've had so far. Bright side, that could bode well for them going forward in the series.

- The Kapp'n AT is goddamn glorious though. He just casually scoops up folks like GET ON THE BUS ************, I love it. 12/10. Nice to see love for Nikki too. Klaptrap, Chef Kawasaki, Grey Fox all look neat. The Moon is ****ing OP but that's not news to anyone. Rathalos is a cool concept. Like a few others have said by now, hope they consider this treatment for some of the other bosses, now that we've got a proper pile of them.

- MAGICIANT MAGICIANT MAGICIANT MAGICIANT MAGICIANT MAGI

- Honestly though stage reveals didn't blow me away for the most part, not because I'm not happy to see or select them but because I've been through em all so it's just like oh, cool, that made it in, good to see you buddy. New Donk City was the single biggest exception; I don't give a damn if you're in Grand Finals, if you don't take the time out of your match to set up Jump Up, Super Star you have no ****ing right to the crown.

- New modes seem like fun if I can find some way to get the crew to play Smash with me. Stam getting respect is cool. Chargeable final smashes are more cool. Morphable stages seem like they're open for some kind of potential somehow; I'll need to consider good combos. Squad mode is gonna either be amazing or fall flat. Really hope it doesn't fall flat. Tourney seems like it's geared for 4P FFAs. That's gonna go over...poorly. Classic mode giving each fighter their own ladder is a nice touch. Smashdown seems like it'll be a fun party mode, which is why I currently expect to hear little to nothing of it. Training mode's new stage hurts my eyes, but I love everything else about it. Bunch of little quality-of-life things like the new ways Music Select is handled and rulesets can be saved now and longstanding tourney rules finally encoded in the game, all good stuff.

- New items seem cool. Very happy to see more EB love with the Rambling Shroom. Other things just look like cool picks. Not much to say bout em.

- New pokes make me happy as ****. Alolan Exeggutor is hilarious. I knew they had to do it, but dear god, he's just a big glorious *******. If they didn't give me one other new poke I'd still be tickled. But they did and I'm a fan of nearly all of em. Abra's a glorious little teehee you're in a bumper now troll, Pyukumuku is a stage hazard, Mimikyu is Mimikyu, and Marshadow looks slick as ****. The Vulpixes excite me less, but look nice. SM box reps look like big flashy beatsticks; nothing wrong with that but it gets me less giddy. And dear god Ditto. At long ****ing last. And he's awesome. Bit sad the Ditto'd fighter doesn't have the Ditto'd face but I forgive em, Ditto's great.

- Hidden mode intrigues me. I'm sure someone's already attempted de-censoring that. Maybe they've succeeded. Hope to hear more about it.

- So newly revealed fighters pop into open spaces on the banner image, eh? And they noted they have more to announce later, and they plan to reveal all the fighters before launch. Wonder who fits into the remaining banner space, then.

- Wow, I didn't expect to type this much. Aight. Well I'm gonna go fiddle with electronics now, y'all get at me if you need me.

D

Deleted member

Hey, I'm awake.

Hey, I watched the direct.

Lemme break down responses. No real order for these but impact.

- Fighters were mostly great. Simon and Richter seem like deceptively simple types and I think they'll get more interesting to me when I can take them for a spin; bet they'll be a lot of fun. Chrom was an excellent, excellent echo. Dark Samus was more of a meh-cho; just doesn't seem more interesting than a palette swap yet. KKR actually getting in kind of threw me for a loop, but alright, let him in I guess, why not. Simon and KKR's intro vids were both blisteringly awesome for different reasons - Simon's for the presentation, KKR's for Sakurai's fake-out Dededenial.

- Assist trophy deconfirms all kind of hurt this go-round. The trophies themselves looking so badass - looking at you Alucard, Knux, Krystal, and Zero, even Shovel Knight to a lesser degree - suggests to me that perhaps they had part of a moveset, but not a full moveset, or there was just some mechanical hurdle they couldn't overcome in time. Like they were this close to fighter status, but not quite, y'know? At least they certainly seem more interesting than other ATs we've had so far. Bright side, that could bode well for them going forward in the series.

- The Kapp'n AT is goddamn glorious though. He just casually scoops up folks like GET ON THE BUS ************, I love it. 12/10. Nice to see love for Nikki too. Klaptrap, Chef Kawasaki, Grey Fox all look neat. The Moon is ****ing OP but that's not news to anyone. Rathalos is a cool concept. Like a few others have said by now, hope they consider this treatment for some of the other bosses, now that we've got a proper pile of them.

- MAGICIANT MAGICIANT MAGICIANT MAGICIANT MAGICIANT MAGI

- Honestly though stage reveals didn't blow me away for the most part, not because I'm not happy to see or select them but because I've been through em all so it's just like oh, cool, that made it in, good to see you buddy. New Donk City was the single biggest exception; I don't give a damn if you're in Grand Finals, if you don't take the time out of your match to set up Jump Up, Super Star you have no ****ing right to the crown.

- New modes seem like fun if I can find some way to get the crew to play Smash with me. Stam getting respect is cool. Chargeable final smashes are more cool. Morphable stages seem like they're open for some kind of potential somehow; I'll need to consider good combos. Squad mode is gonna either be amazing or fall flat. Really hope it doesn't fall flat. Tourney seems like it's geared for 4P FFAs. That's gonna go over...poorly. Classic mode giving each fighter their own ladder is a nice touch. Smashdown seems like it'll be a fun party mode, which is why I currently expect to hear little to nothing of it. Training mode's new stage hurts my eyes, but I love everything else about it. Bunch of little quality-of-life things like the new ways Music Select is handled and rulesets can be saved now and longstanding tourney rules finally encoded in the game, all good stuff.

- New items seem cool. Very happy to see more EB love with the Rambling Shroom. Other things just look like cool picks. Not much to say bout em.

- New pokes make me happy as ****. Alolan Exeggutor is hilarious. I knew they had to do it, but dear god, he's just a big glorious *******. If they didn't give me one other new poke I'd still be tickled. But they did and I'm a fan of nearly all of em. Abra's a glorious little teehee you're in a bumper now troll, Pyukumuku is a stage hazard, Mimikyu is Mimikyu, and Marshadow looks slick as ****. The Vulpixes excite me less, but look nice. SM box reps look like big flashy beatsticks; nothing wrong with that but it gets me less giddy. And dear god Ditto. At long ****ing last. And he's awesome. Bit sad the Ditto'd fighter doesn't have the Ditto'd face but I forgive em, Ditto's great.

- Hidden mode intrigues me. I'm sure someone's already attempted de-censoring that. Maybe they've succeeded. Hope to hear more about it.

- So newly revealed fighters pop into open spaces on the banner image, eh? And they noted they have more to announce later, and they plan to reveal all the fighters before launch. Wonder who fits into the remaining banner space, then.

- Wow, I didn't expect to type this much. Aight. Well I'm gonna go fiddle with electronics now, y'all get at me if you need me.
Red, welcome back my raven.
What was the best part of the Direct?

D

Deleted member

I played Pokemon Showdown with @Prince Alucard .
Did four battles and I won three.
The last one Alucard made a comeback and I got swept hard loool.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Red, welcome back my raven.
What was the best part of the Direct?
Probably still Simon's reveal video. It was just that good.

But even though some things were more exciting than others, I think there was a lot of good stuff throughout.

D

Deleted member

It's a shame we're only getting 4 new stages, it seems. Like, there was so much potential for new stuff so it feels kinda disappointing.
Oh, goody. I got Ritcher. Joy. (sarcasm)

But, really... Screw Sakurai for, yet again, turning Green L into a cowardly butt monkey.

Like, Luigi's Mansion & its sequel meant nothing to his accomplices.

HE WAS NEVER THIS SCARED! Especially to some damned mummy!

Also, "Castlevania" is the name of Dracula's Castle!
43144ece-66ba-4e48-ad95-5e976ba74f2a.jpg

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool with a gun.
Everyone's argument including mine are invalid.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I had a thought I've been mulling over for a little bit. It may be a little late with the teasing of the Spirits Mode and legit boss battles, but I'll throw it out anyway.

Assuming there is no really expansive or engaging single-player content in the game due to everything else they're doing taking up too much time - how would you feel about them giving us a fully-fledged story mode as a €20 expansion, with 2 or 3 characters and some new features and what not bundled in (but those can be bought separately if you desire)? In a similar fashion to Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion?

I'd obviously buy it. I think it would be a win-win. Those who don't care about it don't buy it and it doesn't take up space on their system, plus they got all of their multiplayer stuff in spades in the base game. But those of us who are a little more lonely/aren't too big on paying for a dodgy subscription service to play online, can at least get something extra out of the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He's had it since DKC2. Nothing new here.
I know Uni...
Do you really think I am that much of an uncultured swine?
I am not even saying it is new, just that he looks epic with a pirate hat and a weird tuba gun that shoots cannon balls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ah, Richter, he's Simon's brother and attacks with earthquakes, right?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You know.

It occurs to me I can actually pinpoint my personal favorite part of the Direct.

1533776865402.png

- Belmont, Simon. "How To Say Hello To A *****." 2018. Whoop*** on canvas.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm surprised nobody's said anything about KKR running on four. Figured that would of been the next Incineroar Run, but I guess not.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The new FEH update just dropped.

But I ran out of phone space and I can't play anymore LUL

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Assuming there is no really expansive or engaging single-player content in the game due to everything else they're doing taking up too much time - how would you feel about them giving us a fully-fledged story mode as a €20 expansion, with 2 or 3 characters and some new features and what not bundled in (but those can be bought separately if you desire)? In a similar fashion to Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion?
I'd be on board in a heartbeat.

so you are saying Richter has Big **** Energy?
Y'all better duck, I'm about to turn left.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think people are overthinking the whole mecha model thing

Which one?

****, I've been found out!
Honestly I don’t really care either way if she’s revealed or not.

now compare that that a franchice that hasnt even had so much of a hint and the only "hint" was laytons VA trolling you and even then, it was deconfirmed almost right away
Ah right... well sorry, love.

My favorite part of the Direct was my boi using the death scythe. It's like a Yoshi OC...
Didn’t Ness wield it?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
New unit stats

statboys.png
Mic is slow, basically a worse version of her regular self but in Red, definitely running DB3 and Atk+3 seal for nukes if I get her.
Xander is minmaxed as hell, but looks great because of that.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well with no real special recovery he needs all the help he can get.
My boi had the 2nd highest double jump in the game (behind Mewtwo for some reason). He's not Little Mac. He has resources to use due to his scary air game...

Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot about the new air dodge mechanics...

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I know Uni...
Do you really think I am that much of an uncultured swine?
I am not even saying it is new, just that he looks epic with a pirate hat and a weird tuba gun that shoots cannon balls.
I mean, apparently you don't know what that weird tuba gun is called, lol.

Ivander

Smash Legend
New unit stats

View attachment 156482
Mic is slow, basically a worse version of her regular self but in Red, definitely running DB3 and Atk+3 seal for nukes if I get her.
Xander is minmaxed as hell, but looks great because of that.
Xander will definitely have an interesting niche as a bulky dancer. Combined with his colorless weapon, it allows him to tank physical hits without triangle advantage messing him over. And he is the only dancer who has a DEF over 30 and he has 34, which is pretty big. The 2nd highest DEF dancer is Olivia, who has a DEF of 27(Regular)-26(Flier). That's a big difference.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Today was certainly a day.

One hell of an interesting day that I don't think I'll be ever to forget anytime soon.

All kinds of emotions flowing out of everyone from it all. Some emotions good, some... eh.

Regardless of today's quality, no other day of big Smash news will probably be as interesting as today, if they even come close that is.

:094:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom