• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Pay attention in Science class.
OOOOH, I thought you meant Richter Belmont from Castlevania
Yes I know what the Richter Scale is loool.
Used for measuring the seismic waves through earthquakes I believe. Learned it in freshman science.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Come on, you think children of all people are going to go on a training stage?
Yes.
Don't doubt the children, especially those 13 year olds who are really into Smash.
which was me like 4 years ago

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Let's pour one out for these.

They lived a good life.

View attachment 156487

Some thoughts:

- Not much to say on the 64 stages, Brinstar kinda makes Planet Zebes moot in my eyes. Sadly, I did kinda prefer Sector Z over Corneria just for the bigger Great Fox.
- On Melee's side of things, most of these stages just have improved versions in the game, so nothing of value was really lost. I actually would've liked to see a prettied up Mute City though. But that's really the only downside here for me.
- So for Brawl we basically just got every stage back (since Flat Zone X and Pictochat 2 are in), except for Rumble Falls. Which is funny cause I was one of the people that said it and Icicle Mountain were likely to return because of ladder attacks being introduced, but I was dead wrong.
- Smash 4 in general got some big losses
- On 3DS we lost both Rainbow Road and Pac Maze, which are stages I both enjoyed
- On Wii U we got some surprising losses as well, Miiverse and Pyrosphere aside. I'm guessing Orbital was just Too Much going on and Hijinx only had the background/foreground gimmick going for it. Not really sure why Woolly World was cut though.
Pac-Land over Pac-Maze is an unspeakable injustice

"we got pac man! and of course, his most iconic location: ms paint spinoff nobody played"

D

Deleted member

Used for measuring the seismic waves through earthquakes I believe. Learned it in freshman science.
Vaan, please respond.
I am not an idiot. I pay attention in Science class and dream about riding King K. Rool on his shoulders when I am on my bed. ;-;

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As someone who lives in California, earthquakes and the richter scale become pretty common knowledge when you're young.

Especially considering everyone panics during an earthquake assuming it's going to be "The big one."

D

Deleted member

So I made a spill in the closet room and I used a coat ( Yes, I was an idiot at that moment ) to clean it up. It was not very effective, so I threw it and guess what? It landed on the Litter box! I hope no one uses that coat ever again. Thank goodness it is summer.
I didn't call you an idiot.
I know, duuuh.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As someone who lives in California, earthquakes and the richter scale become pretty common knowledge when you're young.

Especially considering everyone panics during an earthquake assuming it's going to be "The big one."
Did you think there was an earthquake when the video shook right before the K. Rool reveal?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Did you think there was an earthquake when the video shook right before the K. Rool reveal?
If it was an earthquake, at least I could die knowing K Rool fans will finally shut up about the dumb green crocodile.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, do not be rude.
I was never mean about him.
It's his opinion he'll do what he wants with it. You don't have to like a character. I ****ing hate Isabelle and I still respect the fact that she's probable.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey, do not be rude.
I was never mean about him.
Chill aight? I aint one of those "ugh, I don't want a character in because of their toxic fanbase" types.
(Considering I'm part of probably the most toxic niche fanbase there is, I don't have much of a leg to stand on.)
Just a fun little jab.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is it better to accept a character getting in despite you not wanting said person or would you rather go primal over a disconfirmation? When Simon dropped I was like "**** ok guess i'll take the L" and then Richter showed up and I went "ok new main hours" not dropping my boi mac tho. But when I saw that Captain Toad deconfirm, boy I was so wild I got a warning for it.

:bobomb: It's a big thonker.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So first I watched the Direct.

Then I watched Arlo's reaction.

Then I watched Alpharad's reaction.

And I like how I've seen this three times now and instead of getting sick of it every time I'm just sitting here like:

tumblr_o5hdsyqZzh1s2wio8o1_500.gif

That's how you know they've done well, fam.

That's how you know they've done goddamn well.

D

Deleted member

And I like how I've seen this three times now and instead of getting sick of it every time I'm just sitting here like:

View attachment 156501

They have done perfection.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can usually accept a character when they actually get in. Especially if it's done in a way that makes the character fun or unique.

Like I never liked Bowser Jr, and I still don't. But he came with the koopalings as alternate costumes so I enjoy that the character was added. I can just use my favorite koopaling.

But if Isabella gets in, and she's JUST a clone of villager, I don't think I'm going to care for the character at all.

But if Geno gets in, I don't care who else is added. So they can add the character I hate the most after that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really get the idea of being upset about roster additions personally. I may not get particularly excited for many and there could be some I end up not being fond of (no character currently in Smash is one I actively dislike though), but at the end of the day we're looking at 70+ fighters. There has to be someone you like, at least.

I only put Rex+Pyra on my least wanted newcomer because if we have to get Rex, I want him to have more Blades than just Pyra.

I legit couldn't think of any characters I genuinely don't want to see.

I'm even open to non-video game characters.

D

Deleted member

I want King K. Rool to ride me to Europe.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

View attachment 156501

Bruv the CGI was so ****ing slick and beautiful, what budgets are they on to make this ****? Smash 4 looks like an amateur's work compared to Ridley, Simon, and KRool's trailers.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The point is the words are pronounced the same. That's all.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

View attachment 156501

Same case with the E3 reveal too.

Smash presentations are just so well made you can watch them over and over again.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't really get the idea of being upset about roster additions personally. I may not get particularly excited for many and there could be some I end up not being fond of (no character currently in Smash is one I actively dislike though), but at the end of the day we're looking at 70+ fighters. There has to be someone you like, at least.

I only put Rex+Pyra on my least wanted newcomer because if we have to get Rex, I want him to have more Blades than just Pyra.

I legit couldn't think of any characters I genuinely don't want to see.

I'm even open to non-video game characters.
The only time I'm legitimately angry at a roster addition is when the character doesn't turn out the way I want them.
This usually applies to clones whom I think have potential, but the exception's Shulk. I just loathe that buff/debuff mechanic.

D

Deleted member

Bruv the CGI was so ****ing slick and beautiful, what budgets are they on to make this ****? Smash 4 looks like an amateur's work compared to Ridley, Simon, and KRool's trailers.
It was better CGI than all of Marvel's and Star Wars's movies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It was better CGI than all of Marvel's and Star Wars's movies.
That's questionable. The MCU tries to be semi-realistic in a superhero setting and is more impressive than you may think. Nintendo properties usually have cartoony aesthetics to make them pop out (which is why I love K. Rool's trailer so much). i dont know anything about star wars though

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Same case with the E3 reveal too.

Smash presentations are just so well made you can watch them over and over again.
E3 presentation was good, don't get me wrong, but it by far did not have this effect on me.

I mean yes, seeing everyone back is cool. Seeing all the stages is cool. Hearing the mechanics are cool...'s cool.

But we're in strange new worlds now, I'm all over that ****.

i dont know anything about star wars though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's questionable. The MCU tries to be semi-realistic in a superhero setting and is more impressive than you may think. Nintendo properties usually have cartoony aesthetics to make them pop out (which is why I love K. Rool's trailer so much). i dont know anything about star wars though
OOooh. Marvel movies did have amazing cgi though. Look at Infinity War.
Still, Nintendo's cartoony CGI wins my heart more.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
E3 presentation was good, don't get me wrong, but it by far did not have this effect on me.

I mean yes, seeing everyone back is cool. Seeing all the stages is cool. Hearing the mechanics are cool...'s cool.

Oh, I completely understand.

Reality didn’t quite set in until this Direct and even then some of the things revealed still feel unbelievable.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

I'm assuming this is a crack against CGI Tarkin, to which I say, that was an amazing effect. Is it perfect? No. But it's a huge step forward.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Eh I will contest that I kinda preferred how Smash Wii U/3DS trailers were done with how they took after the revealed character's art style from their source game. Like Little Mac, Palutena, Robin, etc.

It was really cool seeing characters crossover into different artstyles.

Not that the Ultimate trailers are bad but they feel way more by the numbers by comparison, though actual animation quality is superb. Though not too much better than Wii U/3DS's pure CGI trailers.

I also miss the individual character posters. I actually own the Rosalina, Villager, and Palutena ones from Club Nintendo.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
D

Deleted member

Eh I will contest that I kinda preferred how Smash Wii U/3DS trailers were done with how they took after the revealed character's art style from their source game. Like Little Mac, Palutena, Robin, etc.

It was really cool seeing characters crossover into different artstyles.

Not that the Ultimate trailers are bad but they feel way more by the numbers by comparison, though actual animation quality is superb. Though not too much better than Wii U/3DS's pure CGI trailers.

I also miss the individual character posters. I actually own the Rosalina, Villager, and Palutena ones from Club Nintendo.
Disagree for me.
Ultimate's trailers had a lot more depth and the animation was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom