• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Eh.

Richter might be mashpotato nepotism but after Simon ****ing Belmont and the deluge of Castlevania love overall (look me in the eyes and tell me they didn't break their ***** backwards on Dracula's Castle) I'll give it a pass.

People wanted Chrom and this got him in, and the fact that he echoes more than one character demonstrates that Echo Fighters can have multiple influences, which itself is a hype concept and opens a whole new floor of speculation. Those reasons alone justify him to me.

I'd say Dark Samus felt kinda tacked to me, but now that Rids is on board you're kind of hard up for Metroid reps at this point without making fresh movesets for the Hunters or something, which takes serious dev and playtesting time. Plus people wanted her. I suppose. I never completed the Prime trilogy, I missed the memo on where her hype stems from.

Overall, if they're taking advantage of it...good. Bring me more.

You wanna be mad about something roster wise though, I gotchu.

Take a look at Alucard, Zero, Shovel Knight, and Knux.

Then tell me how comparatively little a push they would've needed to hit that playable character mark.

Guarantee there's not an Echo in the roster to blame for any of em. Someone just couldn't finish or balance the movepool in time.
Dark Samus represent the entire Prime Trilogy, since she is actually the Metroid Prime and thus, was the main vilain of all 3 games.

Dark Samus is a vilain, and more vilains are always welcome.

In all games, the Metroid Prime/Dark Samus is generally seen as either a terrifying foes or a really cunning vilain. For exemple, in Prime 3, she take control of ALL of the space pirates (including Ridley) + 3 of Samus's allies (slowy I might add). Heck, she even infect Samus, which almost cause her to become a copy of Dark Samus.

Dark clone of character, if cliched, are generally popular, especially in fighting game.

An in all, she was always seen as the second best choice after Ridley, since she is one of the very few recurring characters in the franchise. Which was a big deal since Metroid doesn't have many iconic character that could become playable.

Brief, that's the memo for ya. 'Don't say you need to be excited for her, but I thought giving you reasons as to why DS was so requested could help you EXPAND your mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really can't be mad at any of the Echo Fighters because their presentation makes them feel like they were planned from the start. If I had to bet, I'd say it all started with Sakurai wanting to add Richter(since he's the only one in a trailer so far) but that would be hard to justify by himself so he said "**** it" and made a bunch more. I mean, I think it would have been much more hype to have shown Dark Samus back on the Ridley trailer tbh.

Only thing that it makes me disappointed is that DSamus has none of her AT moves, Chrom got his cutscene Aether, at least give her that tentacle Down Smash.
Chrom was initially dissapointing to me... until I saw he was a Roy Echo with one of Ike's specials. Echoes don't need to be 1:1 as long as every move rips off someone's and that's actually made me warm up to the concept of Echoes since not every new Echo will be identical copies like Richter and Pittoo. He also probably has the same thing as Lucina by dealing the same damage through the whole blade, which basically makes him better :V
Actually, something people keep missing is the fact that's NOT Ike's Aether.
Everytime we see him using it, Chrom always does an unrecognizable upwards slash before jumping, and he doesn't throw his sword like Ike. Moves don't even need to be 1:1, they just need to be based on another one.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Actually, something people keep missing is the fact that's NOT Ike's Aether.
Everytime we see him using it, Chrom always does an unrecognizable upwards slash before jumping, and he doesn't throw his sword like Ike. Moves don't even need to be 1:1, they just need to be based on another one.
Yeah, it's not exactly Ike's Aether, I know that.

But it's still obviously the influence here... well, either that or Mii Swordfighter :V

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Dark Samus represent the entire Primy Trilogy, since she is actually the Metroid Prime and thus, was the main vilain of all 3 games.

Dark Samus is a vilain, and more vilains are always welcome.

In all games, the Metroid Prime/Dark Samus is generally seen as either a terrifying foes or a really cunning vilain. For exemple, in Prime 3, she take control of ALL of the space pirates (including Ridley) + 3 of Samus's allies (slowy I might add). Heck, she even infect Samus, which almost cause her to become a copy of Dark Samus.

Dark clone of character, if cliched, are generally popular, especially in fighting game.

An in all, she was always seen as the second best choice after Ridley, since she is one of the very few recurring characters in the franchise. Which was a big deal since Metroid doesn't have many iconic character that could become playable.

Brief, that's the memo for ya. 'Don't say you need to be excited for her, but I thought giving you reasons as to why DS was so requested could help you EXPAND your mind.
ca5.png
Aight. That makes sense.

Would still need to play the Prime games through to really hit overdrive on that hype train myself, but that's enough justification for me.

Moves don't even need to be 1:1, they just need to be based on another one.

Did you know that they haven't censored penis yet?

It's okay, Red's here to remind you.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And Chaos Control based on Witch Time.

We're in a brave new world mother****ers.
Aren't echoes with some different moves basically just how clones were before?

Same brave world.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 156553
Aight. That makes sense.

Would still need to play the Prime games through to really hit overdrive on that hype train myself, but that's enough justification for me.

Did you know that they haven't censored penis yet?

It's okay, Red's here to remind you.
"Fun fact", I actually only played a bit of MP1, never trying MP2 & 3. But since I'm a total loser very passionate person when it come to things I like, I read/saw countless things on the Metroid Prime/Dark Samus to see what their character was about.

I say that because, I do this alot when it come to franchise I love, but I sadly can't get into the games/movies/books/etc..for whatever reason. As much of a Metroid fan I am now (I played every 2D Metroid beside the original Metroid 2, heck, I played AM2R & Samus Return), the MP Trilogy isn't a easy one to enter, and I honestly wouldn't blame you if you haven't tried yet or if you had a hard time getting into it. It takes times (and a Wii/emulator) to get the feeling of those games, but it can be worth it once you do, just for the amount of care and love each game of the Trilogy have in them. Aswell that, despite being 3D and in first person, you can still tell it's a Metroid game.
Shadow as a Sonic Echo with a teleport up B when? :^)
Dixe Echo Fighter of Diddy with DK Up-B when?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Same brave world.
Movesets were mostly 1:1 for clones in Melee animation-wise, with only one non-special move having different animations for Pichu (up smash), Ganon (jab) and Roy (also jab)

Brawl had no true clone

Smash 4 had two identical copies and only one example of what you just said; Dr. Mario

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Same brave world.
But this is the first time I've ever bothered speculating.

If I haven't seen it, it's new to me.

Brawl had no true clone
Brawl did take efforts to declone prior clones.

That may be what Plat's getting at, if he's thinking about Ganon, Falco, or Lucas as primary examples.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Movesets were mostly 1:1 for clones in Melee, with only one non-special move having different animations for Pichu (up smash), Ganon (jab) and Roy (also jab)

Brawl had no true clone

Smash 4 had two identical copies and only one example of what you just said; Dr. Mario
Chrom appears to be a Melee level clone, or at least a lot closer to it than the other echoes.

And we're still living in this world with Melee. So the possibility of more distinct echoes isn't really much of a paradigm shift.

EDIT: Ganondorf also had Mario's fair in Melee. I bring it up not for my point but because misinformation is annoying.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Except none of those are branded as Echo Fighters since they have more than enough unique things about themselves to be more than a mere echo
Well, yes. Now.

But in Melee, Ganon and Falco would've qualified.

More importantly, as soon as you start getting into things like piecemeal movesets, we're starting to blur the lines a bit anyway. How many things do you have to rob from differing characters before your moveset gets unique enough to qualify you as your own thing?

Btw, calling it now, Squad Strike, FS Meter and Stage Morphing will all be banned because "I DON'T LIKE CHANGE AND EFFORT"
I fully expect Squad Strike to be a side-event. People already do it. It'll get more love now.

Other hand, FS Meter and Stage Morphing, amazing as they are, I agree with you on. However, they do have the advantage over Customs that they won't be reliant on what's basically gacha to get them - fire up the cart, they're right there. It may be enough to see testing, if not traction.

Chrom appears to be a Melee level clone, or at least a lot closer to it than the other echoes.

And we're still living in this world with Melee. So the possibility of more distinct echoes isn't really much of a paradigm shift.

EDIT: Ganondorf also had Mario's fair in Melee. I bring it up not for my point but because misinformation is annoying.
Yes, yes, fine.

Lemme have my fun.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Also I'm doing a twitter poll for people who want to main Richter over Simon
Man.

I just realized Richter is going to be the loneliest-ass character forum I think I'll ever see.

That's sad when you think about it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man.

I just realized Richter is going to be the loneliest-*** character forum I think I'll ever see.

That's sad when you think about it.
Ritcher & Simon share the same forum.

So...it depend if Simon is well-liked enough.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Speaking of echoes...

First off, my Metroid Prime 2 joke on one of my old post aged like fine vine, mostly.

Second and most important off, to the peoples who have played XB2 here:

Do you think that

Malos has a chance as a echo of Shulk?

Don't get me wrong, I want a unique XB2 character in the future, but since XB2 seem too recent compared to when the roster was decided and that Elma seem to be the more likely pick. What if Sakurai throw us a bone and gave us Malos as a echo fighter of Shulk to save developpement time?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Second and most important off, to the peoples who have played XB2 here:

Do you think that

Malos has a chance as a echo of Shulk?
I see what you're getting at, but I sincerely doubt it nonetheless.

Won't complain if they prove me wrong, but I expect any XC2 character to be DLC or nonexistent, and I can't see any reason they'd pick Malos without picking a protagonist first, Echo or not.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I see what you're getting at, but I sincerely doubt it nonetheless.

Won't complain if they prove me wrong, but I expect any XC2 character to be DLC or nonexistent, and I can't see any reason they'd pick Malos without picking a protagonist first, Echo or not.
Yeah, that's the big problem right here.

I say it depend if DLC are announced or not, if they are, and a protagonist from XB2 (not necessarily Rex, imo, I think everyone in the main cast have a fair chance) is announced too, Malos could be given as a free DLC to generate interest for the original newcomer. If no DLC though, then it really depend if Sakurai really want to represent XB2 in any way possible, but just doesn't have enough time to make a original fighter. Kinda like how clones were made in Melee if you prefer.

In any case, I just hope we get a new XB character, can be 1, X, 2, anything, I just need one.

D

Deleted member

I saw this in the general discussion thread and
No Simon is kinda iffy, especially since the guy said the Echo Fighters were put below their original, but guessing Richter is what makes me give it credit

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
btw, this is fanmade for the most part but...

I think this image really sell you about what echoes are. (still weird to see Chrom as a echo of Roy while Chrom is a mix of Marth, Roy & Ike tho lol)

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I have this chicken farm in Minecraft, and what it does is it stores a group of chickens that lay eggs into hoppers. The hoppers are connected to a dispenser, which fires the egg onto half a slab. Sometimes, the egg will hatch into a chick. The chick then grows up and immediately dies because above the half slab is a bucket of lava which the chicks aren't big enough to touch. The chicken's feathers and meat fall into a hopper under the slab, and into a chest. The meat is always cooked.

So in conclusion, PETA doesn't like me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I have this chicken farm in Minecraft, and what it does is it stores a group of chickens that lay eggs into hoppers. The hoppers are connected to a dispenser, which fires the egg onto half a slab. Sometimes, the egg will hatch into a chick. The chick then grows up and immediately dies because above the half slab is a bucket of lava which the chicks aren't big enough to touch. The chicken's feathers and meat fall into a hopper under the slab, and into a chest. The meat is always cooked.

that... is the smartest way to cook chicken in minecraft Ive ever heard dude

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why does the soldiers from the past are cooler than the one in the present?

Also, nice artwork for Hugo, about time we saw more of him.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I know I've seen that design before.

Was it one of Mumbo's by chance?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I guess the Monster Hunter stage is coming post-release?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The question is if that stage we saw was exclusive to a new mode or a regular stage being released post-launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom